Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


the new health care?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #16
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: the new health care?

LOL...Hope you can afford your medical bills, we don't have universal healthcare yet.

Representative Democracy:
Quote:
"the United States relies on representative democracy, but [its] system of government is much more complex than that. [It is] not a simple representative democracy, but a constitutional republic in which majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law."
Ron Paul lost. I'm so sorry for your loss.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #17
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,008
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I currently pay around $650 per month for a family plan and I'm sure its much better and cheaper then anything the goverment can come up with. I do believe we need to overhaul health insurance I just don't want it run by the goverment.
How can $650 a month be cheaper than free???

[/sarcasm]
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #18
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I currently pay around $650 per month for a family plan and I'm sure its much better and cheaper then anything the goverment can come up with. I do believe we need to overhaul health insurance I just don't want it run by the goverment.
Yeah, because private health care providers aren't going to screw you like the government.

For the lazy and those who don't particularly care:

Quote:
...The firm eventually pleaded guilty to charges that it overbilled state and federal health plans, paying a record $1.7 billion in fines.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,301
Re: the new health care?

Since someone mentioned Ron Paul, who is a medical doctor, I thought it would be important to hear what he says about health care:

Quote:
We should remember that HMOs did not arise because of free-market demand, but rather because of government mandates. The HMO Act of 1973 requires all but the smallest employers to offer their employees HMO coverage, and the tax code allows businesses -- but not individuals -- to deduct the cost of health insurance premiums. The result is the illogical coupling of employment and health insurance, which often leaves the unemployed without needed catastrophic coverage.

While many in Congress are happy to criticize HMOs today, the public never hears how the present system was imposed upon the American people by federal law.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,115
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Hey thats just another arguement of why the goverment should not be involved in health ins.. It will be fill with fraud just like you kindly pointed out with your link.
We have all heard of the $5,000 toilet seat. Get ready for the $5,000 sepository.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Since someone mentioned Ron Paul, who is a medical doctor, I thought it would be important to hear what he says about health care:
Good one!
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
LOL...Hope you can afford your medical bills, we don't have universal healthcare yet.

Representative Democracy:


Ron Paul lost. I'm so sorry for your loss.
You just backed up my argument dingus. Yeah, I pay for my own health care, nor would I want "free" medicine. Ron Paul was not nominated by a major party last time?
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,008
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
We have all heard of the $5,000 toilet seat. Get ready for the $5,000 sepository.
Man that's just gotta hurt!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,048
Re: the new health care?

I don't know why they only promised 2 trillion. They could have said 10 trillion since everyone knows it's a load of b.s. anyways. If they hang around Obama's people long enough they will eventually learn this lesson. By providing the administration with this phony cost cutting fig leaf, they have guaranteed their continued viability and profitability. It is the best money they will never have to spend.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I don't know why they only promised 2 trillion. They could have said 10 trillion since everyone knows it's a load of b.s. anyways. If they hang around Obama's people long enough they will eventually learn this lesson. By providing the administration with this phony cost cutting fig leaf, they have guaranteed their continued viability and profitability. It is the best money they will never have to spend.
You're exactly right. Great move by the AMA and pharmacutical lobby. It's simple Sales 101, throw out a cost leader ($ 2T in savings over 10 years, unquantified). Get cozy with the current Administration and Congress as they jam a MASSIVE entitlement program down the throat of the American people. At the end of the day come away with 46 million new customers and the other 250+ million need to play by the rules set by the Obama admin and Dem congress (which I'm sure will be quite favorable for the AMA and pharm cos. as long as they continue to endorse and fund Dem campaigns).
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Yeah, because private health care providers aren't going to screw you like the government.

For the lazy and those who don't particularly care:
Your article and point actually re-emphasize first's point.

The company was fined $ 1.7B, which means it probably overcharged at least 4x that amount. Over $ 6B. Do you think a private or public company would allow their insurance carrier to do this? Absolutely not! The billing would be scrutinized closely and if there were excessive overcharges the company would find a new insurer. Free market solves the problem.

However as firstdown pointed out, when you get Gov't involved they have a monopoly for certain programs. There is no option to change insurers. You have GS-5 & 7s reconciling the bills at the Fed or state agencies, and GS-13s playing office politics and hanging around until retirement, that's when this type of fraud goes unchecked.

Also, it's nice to see how much you respect folks who have a different view than you on the direction the current Administration and Congress is going (cocksuckers/teabaggers was the term, I believe). Disappointing.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #27
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Your article and point actually re-emphasize first's point.

The company was fined $ 1.7B, which means it probably overcharged at least 4x that amount. Over $ 6B. Do you think a private or public company would allow their insurance carrier to do this? Absolutely not! The billing would be scrutinized closely and if there were excessive overcharges the company would find a new insurer. Free market solves the problem.

However as firstdown pointed out, when you get Gov't involved they have a monopoly for certain programs. There is no option to change insurers. You have GS-5 & 7s reconciling the bills at the Fed or state agencies, and GS-13s playing office politics and hanging around until retirement, that's when this type of fraud goes unchecked.

Also, it's nice to see how much you respect folks who have a different view than you on the direction the current Administration and Congress is going (cocksuckers/teabaggers was the term, I believe). Disappointing.
Perhaps it's also time to privatize the military as it is currently inefficient and sustainable to fraud. Instead of blaming the government how about blaming the fraudsters? Your argument is no different than that of people who want to ban guns because they kill people.

I am sorry but I can't bring myself to respect people who think this country is heading down the toilet because of the new Administration and Congress. There's nothing to respect about these people's views. Nothing! What's disappointing is that somehow you think they should be respected.


To be honest I too want his kidneys to fail.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Perhaps it's also time to privatize the military as it is currently inefficient and sustainable to fraud. Instead of blaming the government how about blaming the fraudsters? Your argument is no different than that of people who want to ban guns because they kill people.

I am sorry but I can't bring myself to respect people who think this country is heading down the toilet because of the new Administration and Congress. There's nothing to respect about these people's views. Nothing! What's disappointing is that somehow you think they should be respected.


To be honest I too want his kidneys to fail.
Where have you been? They've already privatized the military. Wishing death on someone that isn't Bin Laden just makes you a jerk.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #29
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Perhaps it's also time to privatize the military as it is currently inefficient and sustainable to fraud. Instead of blaming the government how about blaming the fraudsters? Your argument is no different than that of people who want to ban guns because they kill people.

I am sorry but I can't bring myself to respect people who think this country is heading down the toilet because of the new Administration and Congress. There's nothing to respect about these people's views. Nothing! What's disappointing is that somehow you think they should be respected.


To be honest I too want his kidneys to fail.
I think it is hilarious that people say conservatives are the ones who are hateful and close-minded.

And its not like a $1.8 trillion dollar deficit is excessive or anything, where 46% of the budget is borrowed money. Lets solve our recession that was caused by borrowing too much money by borrowing a whole lot more money. That makes perfect sense.
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #30
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,008
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Perhaps it's also time to privatize the military as it is currently inefficient and sustainable to fraud. Instead of blaming the government how about blaming the fraudsters? Your argument is no different than that of people who want to ban guns because they kill people.

I am sorry but I can't bring myself to respect people who think this country is heading down the toilet because of the new Administration and Congress. There's nothing to respect about these people's views. Nothing! What's disappointing is that somehow you think they should be respected.


To be honest I too want his kidneys to fail.
Saden, still you seem swallowed up in this one.

I doubt any military person will tell you it is run efficiently. I can tell you from my experience, that having 30 people stand and look over several Humvees is not very efficient. As for fraud, I would refer back to the 5000 dollar toilet seat. Sure the military gets the job done, and remember THAT is specifically in the Constitution(not a standing army per se, but the defense of the nation), clearly it is not the same as nationalized health care.

I think if, as I assume, you are for National Healthcare, than you would be able to acknowledge the obvious flaws, and point out your perceived benefits, that is that everyone would have some basic protection, and that could be construed as within the structure of the government's charge to promote the general welfare. I think you would be promoting the ideals that it ascribes to, and not bashing those who see a different side of the coin.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32507 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25