Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


the new health care?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #121
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,138
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
The only check on Judicial power can come from the Executive's power to appoint. And from limitations placed on said court by a higher court through past decisions. That was my understanding. Anyone with me?
Quote:
Congressional power over the courts

Congress checks the power of the judiciary mainly through its power to propose constitutional amendments and pass new laws. Congress also has the power to confirm the president's appointments to the federal bench, change the number of justices on the Supreme Court, and impeach and convict judges who commit treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
from a random website
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #122
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: the new health care?

I'm happy to inform all of you that there is another option for disenfranchised Republicans and Moderates, it's called the Democratic party.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #123
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well then what is a hate crime? If I call someone a name as I'm betting on them its a different set of rules and a longer sentence. Besides abortion what othe religious type laws have the Rep. pushed for.
Are you kidding me?

The GOP has run for the last 20 years at least on social conservatism and fiscal conservatism RHETORIC.

When given the chance to govern they were able to:

a) do nothing to advance their social values legislatively because those values are held by a minority
b) completely ignore their fiscal conservative principles.

We don't have a single true fiscal conservative politician in this country of any significance because they get run out of the party pretty effing fast. Look at a guy like Demint in SC. He is a true free-marketer and gets barely any traction within the party because of it. He voted against the Medicare bill because it was crap while the rest of the dumbsh*t Republicans rallied around our wonderful "Conservative" President as they passed into law one of the biggest spending projects in US history.

But to answer your question:

Abortion
Gay Marriage
Gays in the Military
10 Commandments in public buildings
Prayer in school
The whole "family values" campaign


Just to name a few
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #124
Trade Robert for a 4th.
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,504
Re: the new health care?

No thanks. If i wanted to be socialist, i'd hop to France.
__________________
Looking for a pocket passer.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #125
Trade Robert for a 4th.
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,504
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
from a random website

Thanks random website.
__________________
Looking for a pocket passer.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #126
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,802
Re: the new health care?

Does anybody REALLY believe our representatives are concerned with what we think, or make decisions based on what is best for the American people? That they are going to do what is right, rather than self serving issues they are concerned about? It does not appear so to me.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #127
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,295
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I'm happy to inform all of you that there is another option for disenfranchised Republicans and Moderates, it's called the Democratic party.
Nope. As demonstrated by the trillion dollar budget and trillion dollar health care plan, fiscal responsibility is not within their lexicon. It's 1970's liberalism all over.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #128
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I'm happy to inform all of you that there is another option for disenfranchised Republicans and Moderates, it's called the Democratic party.
With whom I agree on almost nothing.

I get to choose from one group who I believe is totally and utterly wrong in both idea and application or another who cares more about things I don't care about at all but has the forethought to throw a few good sentences into their campaign speeches about the things I really do care about.

It's why the two-party system doesn't work for me...and most Americans. We're always stuck voting for people who are the best of two evils. And that accounts for about 60-70% of the electorate. Since this group is so hard to campaign to then the parties campaign to the bases and hope to pull in a few moderates and win. That's why even in this recent "landslide" election it was basically a 55-45 split. Both parties campaign from the outside->in and anyone with in-view(middle of rthe road) as defined by the party don't get the political party support they need to get traction.

VA is a great example. We have some good fiscal conservatives in this state. None ever get shots at the bigger jobs. Instead we put up dipwads like Mark Early, Jerry Kilgore, George Allen, Jim Gilmore. Why? Because they say the right stuff about gay people and abortions. Then they run through the standard stuff on national security and finally might throw a line or two in there about stopping spending. Then they get nominated and get trounced in a largely CONSERVATIVE state because no one believes them fiscally (history speaks the truth) and are scared of their social agenda.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #129
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well I look at a marriage as a man and a women and I have not been to church in around 10 or more years.
Good for you. I agree...but I don't care if gay people want to try and get married. In fact I don't care if ANYONE wants to get married. Why does the government care if people get married? Why is a marriage a sanctioned relationship anyways? That seems pretty dumb to me. What logical reasoning is behind this from a governmental standpoint? If the state got out of the marriage business it'd make this all a lot easier to logically handle.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #130
Trade Robert for a 4th.
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,504
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Good for you. I agree...but I don't care if gay people want to try and get married. In fact I don't care if ANYONE wants to get married. Why does the government care if people get married? Why is a marriage a sanctioned relationship anyways? That seems pretty dumb to me. What logical reasoning is behind this from a governmental standpoint? If the state got out of the marriage business it'd make this all a lot easier to logically handle.

taxes my friend. taxes.
__________________
Looking for a pocket passer.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #131
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: the new health care?

OK, if you can't stomach the Democrats but you still want to be a moderate, please stop voting in the Republican Primaries. None of the Conservatives ever get a chance because you guys want guys like Giuliani and McCain "Mister Moderate Maverick" to be President. Now we have a broke Medicaid system, a SS system that's going broke sooner than expected, and now national health care. Why be half-assed Democrats when you can go vote for one?
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #132
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
OK, if you can't stomach the Democrats but you still want to be a moderate, please stop voting in the Republican Primaries. None of the Conservatives ever get a chance because you guys want guys like Giuliani and McCain "Mister Moderate Maverick" to be President. Now we have a broke Medicaid system, a SS system that's going broke sooner than expected, and now national helath care. Why be half-assed Democrats when you can go vote for one.
You're being an idiot.

Sorry but it's the truth. A Fiscal Conservative is farther from a Democrat than you. Someone who wants to use the government to legislate about people's lives is no better than a liberal socialist. Plain and simple. The Republican party is rooted in small government and fiscal conservatism. Not in growing the government/increasing government intrusion by legislating how people live. I consider myself very far from moderate when it comes to the things I think are actually important for us to be concerned with on a political level. It only proves my point that the two-party size fits all is tragically flawed. You care about things I don't care about. Why should we have to vote together just because we probably agree on one sector of issues? There isn't only 2 ways to look at things but we only to get to vote for candidates representing 2 ways of thinking. We're never even presented any of the other options.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #133
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
First off gay people can find a church and get married everyday its just not recognized by the goverment. If they love each other so much why don't they just get married and move on with life?
Sorta my point. Why does the government have to care either? Gays care because the gov't provides benefits to married people for some reason. What logical explanation exists for an arbitrary relationship to be sanctioned by the government so that those people can get benefits? It seems petty crappy to me that there are churches that will marry gay people but the gov't don't afford them the same legal sanction that we afford "normal" married people. That doesn't even remotely make sense or seem fair. The easiest way to fix it is to have the gov't not even care about married people from a legal standpoint.

Last edited by FRPLG; 05-14-2009 at 04:45 PM.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #134
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Sorta my point. Why does the government have to care either? What logical explanation exists for an arbitrary relationship to be sanctioned by the government?
Acknowledgement of a married relationship brings certain legal and tax status. I agree with your point though, the federal government should not be focused on legislating moral behavior unless there is a negative effect on others. There also shouldn't be an effect on how you're taxed whether single or married either (insert FairTax plug here).
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #135
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: the new health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Acknowledgement of a married relationship brings certain legal and tax status. I agree with your point though, the federal government should not be focused on legislating moral behavior unless there is a negative effect on others. There also shouldn't be an effect on how you're taxed whether single or married either (insert FairTax plug here).
I edited mine to add some stuff...but the the legal and tax stuff exists BECAUSE of the sanctioning. Not the other way around. We didn't decide to give out benefits and then come up with the magic idea of marriage as a way to make it happen. Marriage is a religious invention that the gov't/society decided to use as a tool for providing benefits.

It should remain strickly a religious institution and we should forego providing benefits/status based on marriage since it intrinsically can't be done in a fair way.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36952 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25