Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Am I being too picky, especially now?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #31
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,294
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Well, it's still a bit muddy. I started the position I was familiar with today since the other one was still in the air. I figured they may be stringing me along. Then this afternoon I get an email saying they need one more approval and they hope they haven't lost me yet. I'll give you an update when I know what's going on myself.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #32
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hey Daseal, what did you decide on ultimately?

On a related note, how's this for a dilemma? Senior level management opportunity. Great salary and benefits, tremendous responsibility and exposure...with the Philadelphia Eagles
I probably identify with 31 teams moreso than the Eagles, but if that dilemma was offered to me, I'm taking it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #33
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hey Daseal, what did you decide on ultimately?

On a related note, how's this for a dilemma? Senior level management opportunity. Great salary and benefits, tremendous responsibility and exposure...with the Philadelphia Eagles
SS, this has been offered to you? Feel free to PM.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #34
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,142
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
SS, this has been offered to you? Feel free to PM.
PM'd you
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #35
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Well, it's still a bit muddy. I started the position I was familiar with today since the other one was still in the air. I figured they may be stringing me along. Then this afternoon I get an email saying they need one more approval and they hope they haven't lost me yet. I'll give you an update when I know what's going on myself.

You took a new position within your company and you're planning on leaving once this other offer is finally on the table?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hey Daseal, what did you decide on ultimately?

On a related note, how's this for a dilemma? Senior level management opportunity. Great salary and benefits, tremendous responsibility and exposure...with the Philadelphia Eagles
Ouch... I'd have to take it though. Hopefully it would be in a capacity that didn't directly translate to their on-the-field performance.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,142
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Ouch... I'd have to take it though. Hopefully it would be in a capacity that didn't directly translate to their on-the-field performance.
It wouldn't. All off-field related.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #38
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,294
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
You took a new position within your company and you're planning on leaving once this other offer is finally on the table?
Kinda sadden. I had given up on the second position, and once I took the other position they started to show a lot more interest. Hard to say. I'll see what they have to offer, but I have a feeling the total compensation package will be too much for me to turn down, especially when instead of adding to my education debt it starts relieving it and a security clearance. I'll see what happened, but I've decided in this situation I must do what's best for me.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #39
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 8,606
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Kinda sadden. I had given up on the second position, and once I took the other position they started to show a lot more interest.
Sounds like women...
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #40
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 8,606
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

BTW, daseal I am interviewing as well. I have one coming up tomorrow with a small tech solutions company in the NOVA area. Hopefully it goes well.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #41
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,294
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

haha hoo!

Good luck man, hope it goes well! If you're back in this area we should catch a game in the fall, probably at a bar since my work schedule may very well suck =(
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #42
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,294
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Time to feel like an asshole! After about 4-5 weeks Im quitting the job I took. The other offer is far too good for me to pass up. It's better in absolutely every way.

Money, schedule, perks, insurance, career growth, etc.

I guess I'll tell my boss I got a better offer and put in my two weeks. We'll see how this goes.

Also, Smoot. What decision did you end up making?
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #43
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,171
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Time to feel like an ***! After about 4-5 weeks Im quitting the job I took. The other offer is far too good for me to pass up. It's better in absolutely every way.

Money, schedule, perks, insurance, career growth, etc.

I guess I'll tell my boss I got a better offer and put in my two weeks. We'll see how this goes.

Also, Smoot. What decision did you end up making?
Good luck Daseal

(there aren't any puppies at the new job are there?)
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,142
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Time to feel like an asshole! After about 4-5 weeks Im quitting the job I took. The other offer is far too good for me to pass up. It's better in absolutely every way.

Money, schedule, perks, insurance, career growth, etc.

I guess I'll tell my boss I got a better offer and put in my two weeks. We'll see how this goes.

Also, Smoot. What decision did you end up making?
Good luck Daseal. I had a similar situation before I moved up here. I was in a job for about two weeks when I got a better offer. Sometimes you gotta look out for yourself though. I'd been screwed back to back times in less than three months so I didn't feel much remorse. They may not even tell you to bother with staying two weeks.

I got a good gig so I'm going to hold onto it a bit longer. That Eagles job just wouldn't make sense on too many levels.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #45
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 8,606
Re: Am I being too picky, especially now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
haha hoo!

Good luck man, hope it goes well! If you're back in this area we should catch a game in the fall, probably at a bar since my work schedule may very well suck =(
Yeah dude sounds good. Sorry I just noticed this post. BTW to everyone I got the offer and I start next Monday!
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28450 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25