Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Just came out today...

If you have it what do you think?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Didn't buy it yet. It got some good reviews though. Hit up itunes, slap that bad boy on your ipod and make it your theme music for the New Orleans trip!
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

I've been listening to it all day... kinda like American Idiot Part II, but that's not a bad thing at all. Very good album front to back.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I've been listening to it all day... kinda like American Idiot Part II, but that's not a bad thing at all. Very good album front to back.
I had turned my back on this band, but then a co-worker and Tiger Woods competitor on XBox loaded American Idiot on his system which meant I was exposed to it incesantly. Easily the best rock album of the otts. Just great. I guess any record you're exposed to in that sort of hypnotic way (playing video golf, the songs re-cueing on each hole) you'll get to like it, but there was something basic and raw there.

I was even willing to forgive the lyric "The Jesus Of Suburbia is a Lie". Well of course he is. Suburbia is bullshit so you can't look for authenticity in the mega-church youth group. The Kurt Cobain of Suburbia is a lie as well. Insert any celebrity's name. Suburban Jesus is not the point. Real Jesus is. Tell me something about real Jesus that I don't know.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,303
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I was even willing to forgive the lyric "The Jesus Of Suburbia is a Lie". Well of course he is. Suburbia is bullshit so you can't look for authenticity in the mega-church youth group. The Kurt Cobain of Suburbia is a lie as well. Insert any celebrity's name. Suburban Jesus is not the point. Real Jesus is. Tell me something about real Jesus that I don't know.
Uh, what?

I just picked up 21st Century Breakdown and so far so good.

American Idiot was the best album they've put out, they did some different things musically in that album, and this one seems to be picking up where it left off. You still get the driving guitar like you're used to from Green Day, but they mix in some songs with a different sound and it suits them pretty well.

I think they're getting better with age.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #6
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

They're a quality band. Who really would have thought when "Dookie" came out they'd end up nearing icon status 15 years later? Easily one of the more shocking career rises in the music business in a long time. They have gotten a little over-exposed with American Idiot but that is because it is such a good set.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Oh and best band I have ever seen live. They played HFS years ago, like 98, and killed the show. It was awesome.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
They're a quality band. Who really would have thought when "Dookie" came out they'd end up nearing icon status 15 years later? Easily one of the more shocking career rises in the music business in a long time. They have gotten a little over-exposed with American Idiot but that is because it is such a good set.
Yeah seriously, I saw them in their Dookie days and there's no way I would have thought they would still be around and relevant all these years later.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Oh and best band I have ever seen live. They played HFS years ago, like 98, and killed the show. It was awesome.
They were great that night! Do you remember when they brought a random fan up from the crowd to play with them? That was pretty damn cool.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
They were great that night! Do you remember when they brought a random fan up from the crowd to play with them? That was pretty damn cool.
Didn't they throw part of the drumset into the crowd? I think I remember that but it was late, I was drunk and it was 11 years ago.

God it was hot that day but EVERYONE stuck around for them. Good day.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23678 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25