Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #16
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I agree with most of what you are saying and at one time I believed that the U.S. should give our police forces the same freedom to apprehend criminals that the German government gives the Polizi. The Germans are allowed to beat the piss out of you immediately, apprehend you, then ask questions later. This is due to the fact that their insurance basically states that they must do everything within their power to
detain the suspects to be covered medically in the event of a disaster. The reason that this would not work in the U.S. is because of the level of professionalism associated with the Polizi as opposed to our Police forces. Simply put, we have officers that have absolutely no right being a police officer. Telling them to do everything in their power to apprehend suspects would fuel some seriously excessive force.
You make a good point...so what would be your suggestion?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,636
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Hmmm they should have shown the face of the guy that got shoot in the face too that mother. I bet she would have thought her sons face looked much better after viewing that. If my son kills another innocent person for no reason, I pretty much would disown him.

BTW- This is Elliot in the Mornings milk jug face that he is always talking about.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #18
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
You make a good point...so what would be your suggestion?
I don't know that there is one outside of paying officers more money and being more picky about the screning process. Even then some bad apples will slip through the cracks.

The major problem with Police as I have said before is the lack of professionalism. When you have to use force, use only the amount necessary to neutralize your target up to and including deadly force. Once you have him aprehended, detained, neutralized or whatever you want to call it, then there is no more need to keep whoopin his ass. In other words as soon as the guy was laying on the ground unconcious you give him a swift kick in the nuts...if he is unresponsive then you do not need to keep whaling on him. If he was responsive you just made sure that he was unarmed and you can proceed to putting the jewlry on him. If he resists... hit him again. In other words one blow per instance of resistance. Officers in these situations however get too emotionally attached when one of these idiots hurts on of their own and they just excessively beat the man in a vigilant fashion. Obviously this is excessive and wrong because emotion has taken over.

Last edited by KLHJ2; 06-02-2009 at 10:51 AM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
It AMAZES me how some people instantly blame cops for everything! This is a classic case of a person NOT FOLLOWING THE LAWS and being chased by police, and when the Police do something (which has been deemed as FOLLOWING TRAINING) people are up in arms???? WTF??? People should be upset at the man trying to EVADE POLICE and WRECKLESS DRIVING, not the people that were trying to stop it. What that man that evaded police did, could be thought of as attempted murder!!!! Yet the cop is on trial???? That is wrong!
Do you people that have a problem with this have any idea what it takes to be a police officer???

Yes, there are SOME cops that abuse power, 99% do not! They have one of the toughest jobs on the planet. If you do what they ask, you have no problem. It's the law people! Follow the law and guess what? NO PROBLEMS! If you evade police and go on a wild chase, you derserve ANYTHING you get. Maybe the law should be the cops can shoot with deadly force, then we won't have these issues.

I commend the police for putting up with what they do. Some people have problems with police because of their own issues...shame on those people.
Heck, even break the law and follow what the cop says and no problems.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
Registered User
 
MasterBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

these responses are just one big joke
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
these responses are just one big joke

Care to elaborate?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I don't know that there is one outside of paying officers more money and being more picky about the screning process. Even then some bad apples will slip through the cracks.

The major problem with Police as I have said before is the lack of professionalism. When you have to use force, use only the amount necessary to neutralize your target up to and including deadly force. Once you have him aprehended, detained, neutralized or whatever you want to call it, then there is no more need to keep whoopin his ass. In other words as soon as the guy was laying on the ground unconcious you give him a swift kick in the nuts...if he is unresponsive then you do not need to keep whaling on him. If he was responsive you just made sure that he was unarmed and you can proceed to putting the jewlry on him. If he resists... hit him again. In other words one blow per instance of resistance. Officers in these situations however get too emotionally attached when one of these idiots hurts on of their own and the just excessively beat the man in a vigilant fashion. Obviously this is excessive and wrong because emotion has taken over.
I would imagine it being really difficult to keep emotion out of it. Imagine someone putting someone like your kid or wife in danger and really hurt one of them, if you used force to stop them, would you be able to stop that easily? Cops are BEST FRIENDS and have almost like a fraternity...a brotherhood. When one is in danger, they all take offense...same reason all those cops and fire fighters responded to the world trade center attacks from across the country. They didn't even know each other, but put their lives on the line for one another.
Don't get me wrong angry, I totally get your point, but I think the human factor takes its role and it's hard to be a machine in those instances.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Heck, even break the law and follow what the cop says and no problems.
exactly.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,386
Cool Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Here is what happens in jail if you kill a cop.
YouTube - Cop shooter gets beat down before court appearance
Much of his injuries occured from the fall , he jumped off the 3rd floor , lucky he didn't break both legs ,,,, I like Dmeks idea ......
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #25
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Is your definition of torture - brutality used to get information.
What differentiates police brutality from torture?
those cops that finally caught up with him weren't looking for any answers. they were pissed. and standing up for one of their own. if that guy had shot a family member, how would you have handled it?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #26
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
It AMAZES me how some people instantly blame cops for everything! This is a classic case of a person NOT FOLLOWING THE LAWS and being chased by police, and when the Police do something (which has been deemed as FOLLOWING TRAINING) people are up in arms???? WTF??? People should be upset at the man trying to EVADE POLICE and WRECKLESS DRIVING, not the people that were trying to stop it. What that man that evaded police did, could be thought of as attempted murder!!!! Yet the cop is on trial???? That is wrong!
Do you people that have a problem with this have any idea what it takes to be a police officer???

Yes, there are SOME cops that abuse power, 99% do not! They have one of the toughest jobs on the planet. If you do what they ask, you have no problem.

I couldn't read any further then this. OBVIOUSLY, every experience you have had with the police has been rainbows & kittens. I would go the other way & say that 99% of all police ABUSE their power in some form. Be it speeding or running red lights to get the freshest donuts or beating someone near death & then claiming "he was trying to get up." Other then a court that says otherwise, who's going to argue with them? Another cop isn't going to pull over one of his own & site him for speeding or running that red light. If anything, he'll get behind him in hopes that he knows where the fresh donuts are.

I have had cops pull me over on a technicality & use that to have my car towed & leave me & my then disabled wife on the side of the road to walk thru several different gang infested neighborhoods at 4 in the morning. Why? Because he could. Because he was the police.

Pardon my expression, but F*** the police. They are just as crooked as politicians & are just as willing to break the very laws they are paid to enforce as the criminals they put away. I have been abused by them, I've had friends put in the hospital because of them, using similar excuses "he was trying to attack us." Puh-lease.

With the overwhelming belief that cops are on the up & up 99% of the time, no matter what anyone says AGAINST them, people like you won't believe it & you will take whatever the cop says at face value because...well, because he's a cop. Of COURSE he had to beat him that bad. He MUST have done something wrong. Forgetting that cops are still people and just as capable of losing their tempers or abusing someone because they have an agenda as anyone else.

Take a look at your boss. Take a look at his/her boss. EVERYONE in a position of authority abuses their power. To believe that cops are the exception to this rule is just plain ridiculous. Maybe every experience you have had has been a good one. Good for you. I have had few good experiences with these badge wielding pricks & I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

I don't know all the details of this case particularly, but based on my experiences alone with the police, I will ALWAYS take the side of the person they are beating on first until I see reason to believe the cops. Which is to say I would have to see video or real life evidence that the cops were in the right. I haven't seen much of that...ever.

Last edited by Missin21; 05-25-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #27
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Heck, even break the law and follow what the cop says and no problems.
Yeah, ok. Unfortunately, regardless of what some people seem to think, that is not true.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #28
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

What's tragic to me is that a lot of people will argue against torturing someone who threatens to kill everyone in this country & everyone they are related to & anyone who refuses to agree with their way of life. That means that they will be happy to shoot everyone here in the face at point blank range (or heck, maybe even saw your head off for everyone with an internet connection to see) & it's terrible what we would do to them, but shoot a cop in the face & let the cops get vigilante justice for it & that's ok. Sometimes, I just don't get the double-standards.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:11 AM   #29
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
im against torture. that wasn't torture. he is lucky those cops didnt cut his balls off, and put them in his mouth
I feel the same way about anyone who was caught trying to commit a terrorist act against my country.

How is vigilante justice not torture? Because they weren't trying to get information? What they did was torture, plain & simple. It just had a different intent behind it. There was no information to get, only pain to inflict & to make themselves feel better.

I thought in this country you were innocent until proven guilty, even with a million witnesses. I guess that's out the window when it suits you, huh? (not "you" personally, "you" in general)

I'm not saying they didn't have the right to feel the way they did. But it's 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Missin21; 05-25-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #30
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: 5 Ala. officers fired for beating caught on tape

Mr. Cheney said they got what they wanted from the terroists they waterboarded.
..any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31243 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25