Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #16
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Further evidence of the absurd bipartisan divide in this country. You're basically saying you'd treat a fellow American - of an opposing view - just as you'd treat one of America's enemies.

That's ridiculous and makes me sad to have you as an American.
maybe the most poetic post ever. while i do not agree with most of this past administrations policies, or the manner in which they carried them out, i do believe that they thought they were doing the right things. they just were flat out wrong, in alot of cases. but i do not wish bodily harm to anyone. but do not forget, that most of the far right is pro life. and with those lie a large amount that would sooner kill a doctor, or blow up an abortion clinic, to state their belief. so the hatred goes both ways
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
maybe the most poetic post ever. while i do not agree with most of this past administrations policies, or the manner in which they carried them out, i do believe that they thought they were doing the right things. they just were flat out wrong, in alot of cases. but i do not wish bodily harm to anyone. but do not forget, that most of the far right is pro life. and with those lie a large amount that would sooner kill a doctor, or blow up an abortion clinic, to state their belief. so the hatred goes both ways
Oh come on with the shooting and blowing up clinics. Every side has a radical fring but to say the pro life movement is full of these people is just crazy. When was the last time that even happened?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
maybe the most poetic post ever. while i do not agree with most of this past administrations policies, or the manner in which they carried them out, i do believe that they thought they were doing the right things. they just were flat out wrong, in alot of cases. but i do not wish bodily harm to anyone. but do not forget, that most of the far right is pro life. and with those lie a large amount that would sooner kill a doctor, or blow up an abortion clinic, to state their belief. so the hatred goes both ways
I would never associate a radical minority's willingness to act violently with the sane portion representing the majority of a party.

That would be like saying all Muslims are wrong because Osama wants to see us dead. Or like saying all blacks are brutal to animals because of Vick and his boys.

I wasn't saying anything about democrats in general. I was simply addressing saden and saden alone. He's gone off the deep end, and as bright as he may be, he's too far gone with the bipartisanship for his opinion to ever be considered valid. If you can't consider that the other party may be right at times, and concede when they are, then your opinion isn't credible.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #19
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

i didnt take any of it personal. i wasn't saying that all pro lifers are nut jobs. all im saying that both sides are filled with over zealous idiots.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

I don't hate Cheney, I'm just completely dispassionate about his wellbeing knowing what he stands for and advocates. You'll have to excuse me for not wanting to give CPR to man who advocates for torture. If it will make you feel better I feel the same about world dictators who tortured people. Finally, what's truly sad is Americans with the Constitution in one hand and Dick Cheney's balls in the other and acting like it's a lovely day. I am not one of these Americans, and I don't wish to be that American, I hope you understand this and if you don't it's a problem you have to deal with. Is this all perfectly clear?

saden wouldn't personally harm Dick and Rushbo because he's a lover not a fighter, saden wouldn't act if they were dying because he just doesn't give a shit about them.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 05-22-2009 at 12:03 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Dude! We're talking about Richard Cheney! You know the same guy that tried to have a dude's wife killed! The same guy that shot a "friend" in the face and got the "friend" to apologize to him! The same guy that gives a no bid multi billion dollar contract to his company! The same guy that committed war crimes against his enemy!

I could go on and on, but the fact remains that the world is better off without him! And you can quote me on that!
Yea Dude, I heard Cheney waterboarded the guy until he apologized to him. Who's wife did Cheney try to kill? You need to stop getting your news from democratsungerground.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #22
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It does seem absurd, this is twice, Rush and Cheney, recently where your rhetoric has been very antagonistic. I really am shocked by your disregard of someone's life because they hold a different, but within the range of our political dialogue, point of view then you.

I don't quite get it, you at one point really lambasted me for not being scared or whatever towards the end of time, but yet you somehow see allowing the death of a fellow American that you could save. I don't get it
They are not contradictory positions and I am confidant you know the difference between the two positions.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationa...n_(psychology)
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #24
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party


Guilty as charged but do you see the irony?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
They are not contradictory positions and I am confidant you know the difference between the two positions.
I suppose I do, yet, I can't imagine ever being in the same place as a person in need of CPR and not perform it. One, if you are certified, it is your obligation, and two, if you know it but your certification lapsed, it would seem like a compassionate person would do whatever he/she could to save another life.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #26
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I suppose I do, yet, I can't imagine ever being in the same place as a person in need of CPR and not perform it. One, if you are certified, it is your obligation, and two, if you know it but your certification lapsed, it would seem like a compassionate person would do whatever he/she could to save another life.

Even towards Osama bin Laden? I'm sure you draw the line somewhere and it just so happens Rushbo and Cheney are on the wrong side of my line.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #27
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Even towards Osama bin Laden? I'm sure you draw the line somewhere and it just so happens Rushbo and Cheney are on the wrong side of my line.
Why did I know someone would take it to a terrorist/prisoner. But we are not talking about enemies of our country, but a former Vice President and a person in Limbaugh who is in good standing in United States society. Not a person who has devoted his existence to the end of mine or my country, regardless of political leaning.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
saden wouldn't personally harm Dick and Rushbo because he's a lover not a fighter, saden wouldn't act if they were dying because he just doesn't give a shit about them.
saden posting in the third person is a ridiculous as some of his more recent posts concerning Rush and Cheney.

I really don't understand the venom/violent under(over)tones from some on the left towards people on the right who are vocal about their positions.

To Miller101's post: Clinton had some very shady business dealings, many believe Vince Foster's death was no "suicide", Clinton sent terror suspects to Egypt to be "interrogated" and you can be sure the Egyptians do FAR worse than waterboard. So would the world be better off without Clinton too?

How about debating politcal positions with facts/logic civilly and respecting other's opinions rather than using rhetorical half-truths/non-factual garbage and making statements about the other side being dead.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #29
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Why did I know someone would take it to a terrorist/prisoner. But we are not talking about enemies of our country, but a former Vice President and a person in Limbaugh who is in good standing in United States society. Not a person who has devoted his existence to the end of mine or my country, regardless of political leaning.
Good standing is a bit of an overstatement don't you think? Dick shattered our moral high-ground and gutted and disrespected our Constitution and Rushbo the venom spitting drug addict who thinks people shouldn't participate in the recession are not in good standing.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #30
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: republicans, is this helping, or hurting your party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
saden posting in the third person is a ridiculous as some of his more recent posts concerning Rush and Cheney.

I really don't understand the venom/violent under(over)tones from some on the left towards people on the right who are vocal about their positions.

To Miller101's post: Clinton had some very shady business dealings, many believe Vince Foster's death was no "suicide", Clinton sent terror suspects to Egypt to be "interrogated" and you can be sure the Egyptians do FAR worse than waterboard. So would the world be better off without Clinton too?

How about debating politcal positions with facts/logic civilly and respecting other's opinions rather than using rhetorical half-truths/non-factual garbage and making statements about the other side being dead.
saden always appreciates and values your input. saden also thanks you for your service to our country.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29012 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25