Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Dang I just gained a little respect for Gore:

Gore laughed and said, 'That's a no-brainer. Of course it's a violation of international law, that's why it's a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his ass.'" [20]
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Slingin' Sammy, you've quoted it and said "if, if, if" but never answered the question. Are you okay with American's being tortured?
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #18
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Slingin' Sammy, you've quoted it and said "if, if, if" but never answered the question. Are you okay with American's being tortured?
I will answer this way, in a perfect world no one would torture, and/or be tortured. However, lets not play dumb a** and say Americans are NOT tortured. We have witnessed our soldiers dragged and beaten, civilians heads chopped off on the internet, planes flown directly into a civilian target. If I thought for half a second that us not torturing these agents would prevent these types of acts from re-occurring, then do not use these techniques. BUT our enemies will torture regardless of our actions, they will commit atrocities against civilians regardless of our civility, they will seek out targets that will cause mass casualties regardless of our attempts to use pinpoint accuracy and minimize civilian casualties.
Bottomline, no I do not want United States citizens tortured, but I recognize our enemies regardless of my desires, and so if we need to use brutal tactics on the very worst of the worst, then so be it
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,317
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Slingin' Sammy, you've quoted it and said "if, if, if" but never answered the question. Are you okay with American's being tortured?
Our special forces are Americans. Our special forces go through waterboarding. Yes, I am OK with that. They have to be prepared for what they will face from our enemies if captured. It sucks that there are bad people in the world, but that's how it is.

I'm not quite sure what corner you're trying to paint me into here. Of course I'm not OK with Americans being tortured.

If there are Americans who decide to become terrorists and go out an kill innocent people in say, India, Poland, England, etc. and they get caught and their government feels that they need to waterboard them to get information to save the lives of their own citizens then I'm OK with that country doing what it needs to do to protect itself.

American soldiers are covered by the Geneva Convention, so if captured then they shouldn't be tortured under any circumstance. If we were at war with Russia or China and we caught some of their uniformed soldiers on the battlefield I would NOT be OK with torturing them.

Did I miss a specific scenario?
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Violence perpetuates violence.
Sometimes violence ENDS violence. If someone is standing there hitting you KNOWING you won't hit back, diplomacy won't end it. But if you suddenly stand up & punch the guy in the face a few times, he'll stop.

Diplomacy can go only so far. With some people & certain TYPES of people, violence is the only thing that works.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #21
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
What are you trying to say?

EDIT: just saw the bolded part, I get it. Question for you, if you could've waterboarded one of the 4 soldiers before the rape and murder of the Iraqi family and gained the intel to stop the murders, would you waterboard to get the info?

My opinion: If the facts stated are true & correct, that this ex-soldier and the other soldiers raped and murdered this girl and her family, they deserve the death penalty.
No I wouldn't resort to torture because I wouldn't assume torture was the only viable means of archiving the desired result. Furthermore, your argument for torture in this instance would pave the way for using torture in any scenario where someone's life is in danger.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Slingin' Sammy, you've quoted it and said "if, if, if" but never answered the question. Are you okay with American's being tortured?
If there were Americans forming groups and running planes into another countries buildings like what happened here then at that point they are on their own. See I just don't see this as a coventional type war with another country so my views are different.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Did I miss a specific scenario?
Personally, I have seen youtube videos of Americans being tortured AND murdered (I can recall one specific journalist[?] I believe where we watched these animals saw his head off with a machete). I think we should be just as willing to go as far as them to stop the terrorism as they are to create it.

It seems to me that the more we try to "abide" by rules that only exist to make THEIR lives easier for committing these crimes, the more we play into their hands.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missin21 View Post
Personally, I have seen youtube videos of Americans being tortured AND murdered (I can recall one specific journalist[?] I believe where we watched these animals saw his head off with a machete). I think we should be just as willing to go as far as them to stop the terrorism as they are to create it.

It seems to me that the more we try to "abide" by rules that only exist to make THEIR lives easier for committing these crimes, the more we play into their hands.
I'm not willing to go that far.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Top Al-Qaida suspect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who has been held at Guantanamo Bay since 2003, said he beheaded American journalist Daniel Pearl in Pakistan in 2002, according to the transcript of a hearing at the Guantanamo prison camp released Thursday.

"I decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew Daniel Pearl," Mohammed said through a personal representative, according to the transcript released by the Pentagon.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm not willing to go that far.
I am. And then some.

I say go after their families. They are born to die for their cause & take as many Americans & Jews with them as possible, but they know in doing so, their families will be protected & provided for by their governments. You take that protection away, you take away that motivation.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #27
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missin21 View Post
I am. And then some.

I say go after their families. They are born to die for their cause & take as many Americans & Jews with them as possible, but they know in doing so, their families will be protected & provided for by their governments. You take that protection away, you take away that motivation.
That's some evil genius shit right there...good stuff man...keep the ideas flowing.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
No I wouldn't resort to torture because I wouldn't assume torture was the only viable means of archiving the desired result. Furthermore, your argument for torture in this instance would pave the way for using torture in any scenario where someone's life is in danger.
I agree.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #29
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
No I wouldn't resort to torture because I wouldn't assume torture was the only viable means of archiving the desired result. Furthermore, your argument for torture in this instance would pave the way for using torture in any scenario where someone's life is in danger.
If Obama released the means of torture then why if it didn't work did he not release the results from what YOU call torture?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
what if it was an American being water boarded? would that be OK?
I would prefer it. When I take them apart with a chainsaw I could understand their screams for mercy. :FIREdevil
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28465 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25