Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #91
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Even the DoD knows violence (military action) is not a good solution to solving the terrorism threat so all you couch six star generals ain't got no cloths. Just ask the Russians, they'll tell you you're naked.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #92
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Even the DoD knows violence (military action) is not a good solution to solving the terrorism threat so all you couch six star generals ain't got no cloths. Just ask the Russians, they'll tell you you're naked.
What the report fails to address in the proverbial "nuclear option". If we wanted we could go the way of dictators and simply kill every freaking last one of them. That isn't our way though.

But yeah in the long run our national discussion needs to change towards newer more favorable methods for fighting this stuff. Practical methods that can work. The first thing we need to get straight on though is expectations. We cannot expect to ever make everyone happy. There will never be peace in the world. At least in a world of 7 billion humans beings all with competing interests. And where there are unhappy people there will be undoubtedly some crazy people and unhappy crazy people blow up buses and fly planes into buildings. We have to accept that we can't end terrorism we can only hope to contain it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #93
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Even the DoD knows violence (military action) is not a good solution to solving the terrorism threat so all you couch six star generals ain't got no cloths. Just ask the Russians, they'll tell you you're naked.
And you were questioning Trample's reading comprehension.....

This study simply states that "nation building" in the long term is more effective than the current strategy (boots on the ground being targets). from the article "It says massive military interventions against insurgencies usually fail." No argument here, we are facing an uphill climb.

However it encourages; "....special operations against high-value targets." Anytime Special Ops are involved you can be pretty sure "violence" is involved.

The USSR had a totally different reason for being in Afghanistan than we do. They were attempting to expand their empire. We are responding to the worst attack on U.S. soil since Pearl Harbor. The USSR tried to take over Afghanistan. We are attempting to allow the people of Afghanistan to control their own country and form a stable democracy.

We went into Afghanistan and Iraq, nothing can change that. What do you suggest we do now, just pull out and leave a HUGE void that will certainly be filled by extremists/terrorists? There is a reason Iran is funding and supporting terrorist groups efforts to de-stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #94
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
And you were questioning Trample's reading comprehension.....

This study simply states that "nation building" in the long term is more effective than the current strategy (boots on the ground being targets). from the article "It says massive military interventions against insurgencies usually fail." No argument here, we are facing an uphill climb.

However it encourages; "....special operations against high-value targets." Anytime Special Ops are involved you can be pretty sure "violence" is involved.

The USSR had a totally different reason for being in Afghanistan than we do. They were attempting to expand their empire. We are responding to the worst attack on U.S. soil since Pearl Harbor. The USSR tried to take over Afghanistan. We are attempting to allow the people of Afghanistan to control their own country and form a stable democracy.

We went into Afghanistan and Iraq, nothing can change that. What do you suggest we do now, just pull out and leave a HUGE void that will certainly be filled by extremists/terrorists? There is a reason Iran is funding and supporting terrorist groups efforts to de-stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.
Sure, we are, "attempting to allow the people of Afghanistan to control their own country and form a stable democracy." However, the study shows our efforts (U.S. military intervention) are, "at best inadequate, at worst counter-productive, and, on the whole, infeasible."

So, we need to change what we're doing. In essence, we need to abandon, "U.S. military intervention and occupation in the Muslim world." Instead, we should, "focus [our] priorities on improving 'civil governance' and building 'local security forces,' according to the report, referring to those steps as 'capabilities that have been lacking in Iraq and Afghanistan.'"

That is what the study says.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #95
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Sure, we are, "attempting to allow the people of Afghanistan to control their own country and form a stable democracy." However, the study shows our efforts (U.S. military intervention) are, "at best inadequate, at worst counter-productive, and, on the whole, infeasible."

So, we need to change what we're doing. In essence, we need to abandon, "U.S. military intervention and occupation in the Muslim world." Instead, we should, "focus [our] priorities on improving 'civil governance' and building 'local security forces,' according to the report, referring to those steps as 'capabilities that have been lacking in Iraq and Afghanistan.'"

That is what the study says.
I think it says compassion is the path to peace and righteousness . If special forces could eliminate terrorism they would have. Special forces is a precision tool whose value in the short term I am not willing to deny but in the long term it is worthless if you're dealing with free range lemmings.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 05-28-2009 at 08:13 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #96
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
So, we need to change what we're doing. In essence, we need to abandon, "U.S. military intervention and occupation in the Muslim world." Instead, we should, "focus [our] priorities on improving 'civil governance' and building 'local security forces,' according to the report, referring to those steps as 'capabilities that have been lacking in Iraq and Afghanistan.'"

That is what the study says.
OK, we agree on what the study says.

From my post: This study simply states that "nation building" in the long term is more effective than the current strategy (boots on the ground being targets). from the article "It says massive military interventions against insurgencies usually fail." No argument here, we are facing an uphill climb.

However, "we" (the U.S.) shouldn't be in the business of nation-building. Unfortunately at this point we are stuck getting Iraq and Afghanistan stabilized, but this shouldn't be our policy going forward. I don't think a big group hug with Al Qaeda and other Muslim extremists is going to help the situation either.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #97
Impact Rookie
 
Zerohero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: phoenix, az
Age: 36
Posts: 765
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
OK, we agree on what the study says.

From my post: This study simply states that "nation building" in the long term is more effective than the current strategy (boots on the ground being targets). from the article "It says massive military interventions against insurgencies usually fail." No argument here, we are facing an uphill climb.

However, "we" (the U.S.) shouldn't be in the business of nation-building. Unfortunately at this point we are stuck getting Iraq and Afghanistan stabilized, but this shouldn't be our policy going forward. I don't think a big group hug with Al Qaeda and other Muslim extremists is going to help the situation either.
While it shouldn't, this is gonna be going on for years to come. Iraq and Aftgan are not even done, and NKorea and Iran will soon be in the works. On the brightside it should help provide more jobs.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #98
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I think it says compassion is the path to peace and righteousness . If special forces could eliminate terrorism they would have. Special forces is a precision tool whose value in the short term I am not willing to deny but in the longer term it is worthless if you're dealing with free range lemmings.
Dang I laughed so hard when I read your first line the others in my office wanted to hear the joke. Thats what Obama has been saying about Iran and N Korea and every day they are testing new stuff like never before. What to fear anymore? The UN.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #99
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
He probably would. I watched the video, and it seemed to me that he accepted what is.

Funny thing is, there is no Nick Berg -- only the One Life, the One Energy. Isn't it amazing to think that the atoms in your body were created inside stars?
Dude, I stopped smoking pot a long time ago. What are you talking about? Why don't you post like a normal human being and leave that transcendentalist bs alone, or I'll just be forced to ignore you unless I need a good laugh.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #100
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Dude, I stopped smoking pot a long time ago. What are you talking about? Why don't you post like a normal human being and leave that transcendentalist bs alone, or I'll just be forced to ignore you unless I need a good laugh.
You're not fooling anyone...it's okay to admit it...it might even help explain your psychosis.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #101
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Dang I laughed so hard when I read your first line the others in my office wanted to hear the joke. Thats what Obama has been saying about Iran and N Korea and every day they are testing new stuff like never before. What to fear anymore? The UN.
What do you have against Jesus' teachings?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #102
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
let's not pretend like hitting back solves everything in the end.

sometimes it works and sometimes it don't but regardless, you, me, him, her, the USA need to stand up and fight back.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #103
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Dude, I stopped smoking pot a long time ago. What are you talking about? Why don't you post like a normal human being and leave that transcendentalist bs alone, or I'll just be forced to ignore you unless I need a good laugh.
What you call a "normal" human being is in a constant state of dysfunction. No thanks.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #104
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
OK, we agree on what the study says.

From my post: This study simply states that "nation building" in the long term is more effective than the current strategy (boots on the ground being targets). from the article "It says massive military interventions against insurgencies usually fail." No argument here, we are facing an uphill climb.

However, "we" (the U.S.) shouldn't be in the business of nation-building. Unfortunately at this point we are stuck getting Iraq and Afghanistan stabilized, but this shouldn't be our policy going forward. I don't think a big group hug with Al Qaeda and other Muslim extremists is going to help the situation either.
If we are in Iraq and Afghanistan for "national security reasons", then we should be in the business of nation-building -- unless we want to fail, because occupation is not working.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #105
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
What the report fails to address in the proverbial "nuclear option". If we wanted we could go the way of dictators and simply kill every freaking last one of them. That isn't our way though.

But yeah in the long run our national discussion needs to change towards newer more favorable methods for fighting this stuff. Practical methods that can work. The first thing we need to get straight on though is expectations. We cannot expect to ever make everyone happy. There will never be peace in the world. At least in a world of 7 billion humans beings all with competing interests. And where there are unhappy people there will be undoubtedly some crazy people and unhappy crazy people blow up buses and fly planes into buildings. We have to accept that we can't end terrorism we can only hope to contain it.
Every action has equal and opposite reaction. The equal and opposite reaction to the "nuclear option' is not a pleasant one and that much I am certain of. Maybe we won't feel the reaction immediately, maybe not in 5 years or 10 but eventually the reaction would be at our door step. This isn't merely philosophical musing but a fact of life.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38450 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25