Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Interesting...

Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture | NBC Chicago
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

I think at this point people aught to know it's torture. My co-worker recently stated his position eloquently..."I know it's torture and I don't care if we torture the SOBs. I'm all for torture."
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,303
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I think at this point people aught to know it's torture. My co-worker recently stated his position eloquently..."I know it's torture and I don't care if we torture the SOBs. I'm all for torture."
Reflects my feelings to a T. Hell, pull their fingernails off one by one for all I care. Do whatever it takes.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Reflects my feelings to a T. Hell, pull their fingernails off one by one for all I care. Do whatever it takes.
Well we pretty much agree on this.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

I don't know that I agree...there's a reason we don't torture. Seems pretty slippery to me that it's ok to torture in some situations but not others.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I don't know that I agree...there's a reason we don't torture. Seems pretty slippery to me that it's ok to torture in some situations but not others.
Well when you start flying planes into buildings killing as many US citizens as you can then all bets are off.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Water-boarding isn't torture. Give me a chainsaw and a blow-torch and I'll show you torture.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

what if it was an American being water boarded? would that be OK?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

I'm with Schneed and Al Gore (while he was VP, see below), no problem with waterboarding these animals. Let's put this into perspective.

Only three high-level Al Qeada operatives were waterboarded:
KSM - Planner of 9/11, involved in WTC bombing, Bali nightblub bombings, beheaded Daniel Pearl
Abu Zubaydah - East African embassy bombings # 2 in Al Qeada, 25% of HUMINT obtained on Al Qeada come through or becasue of interrogation of Zubaydah
Al-Nashiri - Responsible for bombing of USS Cole, Limburg tanker bombing, Chief of Operations for Arabian Peninsula for Al Qeada

These pieces of s**t would torture any of us in the worst way, rape our wives/girlfriends, and then kill us all and believe their god will reward them for it. They declared war on us. Destroying Al Qeada and saving lives in the U.S. and abroad takes any precedence over a waterboarding/torture debate.

These are not enemy soldiers for another country. They are not covered under the Geneva Convention. They are terrorists, they exist to kill anyone who opposes them or their agenda. Do you think for one second if they had the ability to nuke the U.S. that they wouldn't? Do you think for a second if they had the power to take over/destroy the U.S. they wouldn't.

Not a lot I agreed with Clinton and Gore on, but Gore certainly had this one correct.

According to Clinton administration official Richard Clarke:
'extraordinary renditions', were operations to apprehend terrorists abroad, usually without the knowledge of and almost always without public acknowledgment of the host government…. The first time I proposed a snatch, in 1993, the White House Counsel, Lloyd Cutler, demanded a meeting with the President to explain how it violated international law. Clinton had seemed to be siding with Cutler until Al Gore belatedly joined the meeting, having just flown overnight from South Africa. Clinton recapped the arguments on both sides for Gore: "Lloyd says this. Dick says that. Gore laughed and said, 'That's a no-brainer. Of course it's a violation of international law, that's why it's a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his ass.'" [20]

Extraordinary rendition by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton authorized this:
Talaat Fouad Qassem, 38, a known leader of the Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group), an Egyptian extremist organization, is arrested and detained in Croatia as he travels to Bosnia from Denmark, where he has been been living after being granted political asylum. He is suspected of clandestine support of terrorist operations, including the 1993 World Trade Center bombing (see February 26, 1993). He also allegedly led mujaheddin efforts in Bosnia since 1990 (see 1990). In a joint operation, he is arrested by Croatian intelligence agents and handed over to the CIA. Qassem is then interrogated by US officials aboard a US ship off the Croatian coast in the Adriatic Sea and sent to Egypt, which has a rendition agreement with the US (see Summer 1995). An Egyptian military tribunal has already sentenced him to death in absentia, and he is executed soon after he arrives.

and this:
Over the next few months, according to the Journal, Albanian security forces, working with U.S. agents, killed one suspect and captured Attiya and four others. These men were bound, blindfolded, and taken to an abandoned airbase, then flown by jet to Cairo for interrogation. Attiya later alleged that he suffered electrical shocks to his genitals, was hung from his limbs, and was kept in a cell in filthy water up to his knees. Two other suspects, who had been sentenced to death in absentia, were hanged.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
what if it was an American being water boarded? would that be OK?
Mancow is American.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
what if it was an American being water boarded? would that be OK?
Our special forces already go through this during SERE training.

Last I checked, Americans aren't beheading people and executing terrorist attacks on innocent people throughout the world.

EDIT: The last American terrorist we had (OK City, McVeigh) was executed. Which I have no problem with.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I'm with Schneed and Al Gore (while he was VP, see below), no problem with waterboarding these animals. Let's put this into perspective.

Only three high-level Al Qeada operatives were waterboarded:
KSM - Planner of 9/11, involved in WTC bombing, Bali nightblub bombings, beheaded Daniel Pearl
Abu Zubaydah - East African embassy bombings # 2 in Al Qeada, 25% of HUMINT obtained on Al Qeada come through or becasue of interrogation of Zubaydah
Al-Nashiri - Responsible for bombing of USS Cole, Limburg tanker bombing, Chief of Operations for Arabian Peninsula for Al Qeada

These pieces of s**t would torture any of us in the worst way, rape our wives/girlfriends, and then kill us all and believe their god will reward them for it. They declared war on us. Destroying Al Qeada and saving lives in the U.S. and abroad takes any precedence over a waterboarding/torture debate.

These are not enemy soldiers for another country. They are not covered under the Geneva Convention. They are terrorists, they exist to kill anyone who opposes them or their agenda. Do you think for one second if they had the ability to nuke the U.S. that they wouldn't? Do you think for a second if they had the power to take over/destroy the U.S. they wouldn't.

Not a lot I agreed with Clinton and Gore on, but Gore certainly had this one correct.

According to Clinton administration official Richard Clarke:
'extraordinary renditions', were operations to apprehend terrorists abroad, usually without the knowledge of and almost always without public acknowledgment of the host government…. The first time I proposed a snatch, in 1993, the White House Counsel, Lloyd Cutler, demanded a meeting with the President to explain how it violated international law. Clinton had seemed to be siding with Cutler until Al Gore belatedly joined the meeting, having just flown overnight from South Africa. Clinton recapped the arguments on both sides for Gore: "Lloyd says this. Dick says that. Gore laughed and said, 'That's a no-brainer. Of course it's a violation of international law, that's why it's a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his ass.'" [20]

Extraordinary rendition by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton authorized this:
Talaat Fouad Qassem, 38, a known leader of the Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya (the Islamic Group), an Egyptian extremist organization, is arrested and detained in Croatia as he travels to Bosnia from Denmark, where he has been been living after being granted political asylum. He is suspected of clandestine support of terrorist operations, including the 1993 World Trade Center bombing (see February 26, 1993). He also allegedly led mujaheddin efforts in Bosnia since 1990 (see 1990). In a joint operation, he is arrested by Croatian intelligence agents and handed over to the CIA. Qassem is then interrogated by US officials aboard a US ship off the Croatian coast in the Adriatic Sea and sent to Egypt, which has a rendition agreement with the US (see Summer 1995). An Egyptian military tribunal has already sentenced him to death in absentia, and he is executed soon after he arrives.

and this:
Over the next few months, according to the Journal, Albanian security forces, working with U.S. agents, killed one suspect and captured Attiya and four others. These men were bound, blindfolded, and taken to an abandoned airbase, then flown by jet to Cairo for interrogation. Attiya later alleged that he suffered electrical shocks to his genitals, was hung from his limbs, and was kept in a cell in filthy water up to his knees. Two other suspects, who had been sentenced to death in absentia, were hanged.
Who are we talking about?

Quote:
...In a March 2006 attack in Mahmoudiya, about 20 miles south of Baghdad, Green and three other soldiers went to the home of 14-year-old Abeer Qassim al-Janabi. Green shot and killed the teen's mother, father and sister, then became the third soldier to rape the girl before killing her.

...and garbing someone to bring them to justice (trying them in the court of law) is not the same as garbing them and torturing them.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 05-26-2009 at 03:57 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Violence perpetuates violence.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
what if it was an American being water boarded? would that be OK?
What's worse:

1) killing 3 Somali teenagers who haven't actually killed anyone.

or

2) waterboarding 3 adult terrorists who have murdered many.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What are you trying to say?

EDIT: just saw the bolded part, I get it. Question for you, if you could've waterboarded one of the 4 soldiers before the rape and murder of the Iraqi family and gained the intel to stop the murders, would you waterboard to get the info?

My opinion: If the facts stated are true & correct, that this ex-soldier and the other soldiers raped and murdered this girl and her family, they deserve the death penalty.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 05-26-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32015 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25