Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Funny Story!!!

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,762
Funny Story!!!

So after about a week of arguing with my wife about getting a treadmill I finally broke and she bought one. I think they are a waste and they suck to move and they take a ton of space up. I prefer the gym plus there is no eye candy in the basement (other then my wife) to enjoy when working out. Oh did I mention I just got rid of one over the winter using Craig's list, 4 months later I have another, great.

So it is suppose to be delivered today between 8 and 12 and I work like 10 seconds from my house. So the guy calls me all grumpy and stuff, no biggie. Then he pulls up a little late to my house. I ask "do you have a hand truck?" he replies "Nah, we are going to carry it with our teeth", whatever dick. Then he goes in the back of the truck (straight boy) and starts moving stuff around. I hear him swearing up a storm cause the threadmill is all the way and the back and has to move like a bunch of stuff (I did feel bad about that) so 15 minutes later he emerges at the edge of the truck with the treadmill. I see him mess around with the lift then gives up and is like "I will just f--ing lower it down". So when he starts to lower it down I hear "POP" the box gives and the $2k treadmill goes flying out all over the main road, lands right on the road and falls out of the box. I seriously could not stop laughing the tears where flowing, man. He was like it is fine, I was like man I can't accept that.Then he said "I don't need you anymore".

The best part was when my drug delaer friend (see my earlier thread) was on the other side of the street and he was like "Goddamn!" So funny. I went in and ate my lunch and when I was leaving he was still out side picking up little pieces. I gave him a little tot when I drove by. He was just such a grumpy smart a$$, it could not have happen to a nicer person.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Funny Story!!!

You spent 2k on a treadmill? Now thats funny.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,762
Re: Funny Story!!!

Not really I have bought cheap ones in the past and they break after a year or so of use. If you actually use them well worth the money and we do. I rather speend $100 on a TV and $2K on a treadmill.

Maybe firstdown you just like being old and flappy. =) To each is own.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Funny Story!!!

I was riding down the road in NC once in the slow lane. So this guy gets on my bumper and starts flashing his lights. I could see him swearing up and down in the rear-view mirror. So finally he passes me, cussing and giving me the finger. 15 minutes later I see the state troopers have pulled someone over and guess who it is? That's right, the speeder. I slowed down, honked the horn, and waived. It felt so good.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,762
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I was riding down the road in NC once in the slow lane. So this guy gets on my bumper and starts flashing his lights. I could see him swearing up and down in the rear-view mirror. So finally he passes me, cussing and giving me the finger. 15 minutes later I see the state troopers have pulled someone over and guess who it is? That's right, the speeder. I slowed down, honked the horn, and waived. It felt so good.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

LOL! I use to have a really stuck up friend that had a Viper and he loved to do that people. Well one day we were speeding down to VA Beach and he pissed off most of 95, of course he gets pulled over and nearly every car that passed us blow their horn. The cop was like "buddy you got a lot friends out there, huh". I was so embarssed, I no longer hang with this dude plus it was like 8 years ago.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Funny Story!!!

Sounds like that delivery guy needs to buy a dime bag from your neighbor and mellow out a bit.

Good story mredskins. I got a laugh out of that.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Not really I have bought cheap ones in the past and they break after a year or so of use. If you actually use them well worth the money and we do. I rather speend $100 on a TV and $2K on a treadmill.

Maybe firstdown you just like being old and flappy. =) To each is own.
I was joking. My wife wanted one so I did the research on them then found her's on craigs list thinking she would use the thing a few times then it would sit and collect dust. She actually uses the thing 3 to 4 times a week but that did not stop her from joining the YMCA.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,762
Re: Funny Story!!!

No worries firstdown.

And this purchase was enlou of her joining the Y but we will see how that holds up. I was arguing about it with her and some guy at work was how can you argue that your wife wants to stay in shape, I was like "duh".
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Funny Story!!!

Hah the guy deserved it.

$2k isn't bad, you really get what you pay for with gym equipment. The cheap things you see in dept. stores are complete junk.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,762
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Hah the guy deserved it.

$2k isn't bad, you really get what you pay for with gym equipment. The cheap things you see in dept. stores are complete junk.

Agreed it is one of those live and learn things. I have bought cheap ones at Sears and after a year every time you step into your run the belt skips, ANNOYING!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
No worries firstdown.

And this purchase was enlou of her joining the Y but we will see how that holds up. I was arguing about it with her and some guy at work was how can you argue that your wife wants to stay in shape, I was like "duh".
My wife just went out and joined the Y and through out how our daughter will enjoy the pool in the winter time. I agree its hard to get ticked when they want to stay in shape and I'll have to say my wife is in better shape today then she was on 06/03/00 when we got married. Yep, its nine years today.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,982
Re: Funny Story!!!

Nothing beats the gym....nothing! And now they even have TVs everywhere in the gym so I can watch my boy Dwight Howard dominated in the post.

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
My wife just went out and joined the Y and through out how our daughter will enjoy the pool in the winter time. I agree its hard to get ticked when they want to stay in shape and I'll have to say my wife is in better shape today then she was on 06/03/00 when we got married. Yep, its nine years today.
congrats man.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I was riding down the road in NC once in the slow lane. So this guy gets on my bumper and starts flashing his lights. I could see him swearing up and down in the rear-view mirror. So finally he passes me, cussing and giving me the finger. 15 minutes later I see the state troopers have pulled someone over and guess who it is? That's right, the speeder. I slowed down, honked the horn, and waived. It felt so good.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
That reminds me of something that happened to a friend of mine:

He was driving in the left lane, and needed to get over to the right to make a turn, but there were lots of people in the right lane. The lady next to him wouldn't let him in and was so busy yelling and pointing at him that she didn't realize the car in front of her had stopped. She hit the car, and since they had to assess the damage, exchange info, etc., my buddy was able to get right over and make his turn.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,331
Re: Funny Story!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
LOL! I use to have a really stuck up friend that had a Viper and he loved to do that people. Well one day we were speeding down to VA Beach and he pissed off most of 95, of course he gets pulled over and nearly every car that passed us blow their horn. The cop was like "buddy you got a lot friends out there, huh". I was so embarssed, I no longer hang with this dude plus it was like 8 years ago.
That reminds me of the time when I blocked this motha ucka from speeding in the left lane.

That was today. And yesterday. And the day before...

Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28491 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25