Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


On Marriage

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #31
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: On Marriage



tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #32
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I got my finger on the trigger ready to fire at a beautiful figure. Only problem is she likes the idea of a fall wedding and I'm like "nu-uh, that's football season!"
Maybe thats the real reason behind the bye week?
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #33
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: On Marriage

Both the NFL season and anniversaries occur annually right? It's best to avoid anything in the fall as it could result in missing a game for something more important.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #34
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Both the NFL season and anniversaries occur annually right? It's best to avoid anything in the fall as it could result in missing a game for something more important.
This guy is thinking ahead! Unless her ideal anniversary date is a Skins game, DON'T DO IT!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #35
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: On Marriage

marriage is pointless. If you're committed then stay committed. If you're not then leave. I cannot for the life of me understand why people would intentionally "limit their options" only to make it harder for them to live separate lives if they change. Because other people do it? **** that. I am married by the way.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #36
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: On Marriage

when did we start getting censored???
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #37
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think everyone should have to wait until at least the age of 30 to get married, and you should also have to live with that person for at least a year prior. No kids until after 30 as well.

Most of my friends married in their early to mid 20's. All of them but one are still married. That living together before marriage crap has been proven to be bogus. Statwise the couples have a higher divorce rate if they shack up before hand. The reason is simple. If you feel you have to shack up beforehand to try it out you already have some significant doubts about if this person is the one. Marriage is one heavy committment and you better be damn sure the person is for you. Shacking up is almost like giving a nice sports car a test run, you like it, but you know you can't buy it.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #38
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: On Marriage

Good thread. I have nothing to add, but much to learn.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #39
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
For those of you who are married what tips do you have for us unmarried guys? How and where did you propose? Why did you propose to her? What do you do to keep the spark going? What kind of adjustments did you have to make? What kind of impact have the children had on your marriage?

You should cut your genitalia off and give it her in a gift box.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 AM   #40
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
You should cut your genitalia off and give it her in a gift box.
So you don't think a two state solution is feasible?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,614
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
when did we start getting censored???
****ing long time ago
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #42
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
when did we start getting censored???
SINCE YOU STARTED SAYING **** SO ****ING OFTEN, ****!!!!!!lc
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #43
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalEnigma21 View Post
marriage is pointless. If you're committed then stay committed. If you're not then leave. I cannot for the life of me understand why people would intentionally "limit their options" only to make it harder for them to live separate lives if they change. Because other people do it? **** that. I am married by the way.
Very happily it appears.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: On Marriage

Oh, saden, one more thing... the engagement ring. I was talking to my wife earlier this morning and she mentioned one of the girls in the office was getting married. Then she went on to talk about how the women were all comparing rings... and how hers was the best. I have to tell you, that is one purchase that you only get one shot at and you have to go big. You'll never regret the money you spend on a good one, but you'll kick yourself if you don't. I'd say find something that you think is just about right, and then go up by about 50-100% depending on your budget. My wife was never a big jewelry person, never talked about it anyway, but she has repeatedly talked about all the compliments she gets, and it always makes her smile. Money well spent.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #45
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: On Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Oh, saden, one more thing... the engagement ring. I was talking to my wife earlier this morning and she mentioned one of the girls in the office was getting married. Then she went on to talk about how the women were all comparing rings... and how hers was the best. I have to tell you, that is one purchase that you only get one shot at and you have to go big. You'll never regret the money you spend on a good one, but you'll kick yourself if you don't. I'd say find something that you think is just about right, and then go up by about 50-100% depending on your budget. My wife was never a big jewelry person, never talked about it anyway, but she has repeatedly talked about all the compliments she gets, and it always makes her smile. Money well spent.
How much are we talking here? 3k ring? more?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30993 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25