Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Need an NCAA team to follow...

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Need an NCAA team to follow...

Ok, short and sweet. I have always followed pro football, never really got into college sports. I went to a tech school so there's no allegiance or anything. I refuse to root for Penn St because everyone around here does. I want to start watching CFB this year but need a team. I don't want to root for any of the really heavy hitters (Texas, Michigan, Florida, etc) since that would be some front running b.s. Basically, I'm looking for a team that runs the spread or some other creative offense. Right now I'm thinking of Texas Tech or Boise St... I want to start researching early enough to pick a team for this year. Any suggestions?
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Ok, short and sweet. I have always followed pro football, never really got into college sports. I went to a tech school so there's no allegiance or anything. I refuse to root for Penn St because everyone around here does. I want to start watching CFB this year but need a team. I don't want to root for any of the really heavy hitters (Texas, Michigan, Florida, etc) since that would be some front running b.s. Basically, I'm looking for a team that runs the spread or some other creative offense. Right now I'm thinking of Texas Tech or Boise St... I want to start researching early enough to pick a team for this year. Any suggestions?
You probably root for Afghanistan in the Olympics too, just to spite all those America homers you must run into. Seriously, I was so pumped up to open this thread and lay out my reasons for supporting Penn State...and then I read your third sentence. Now I'm wondering if you rooted for England during Braveheart
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
Smooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 30
Posts: 965
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Boomer Sooner!
__________________
Same freakout different year.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Maryland. Who else?
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

I'll plug my alma mater, the Richmond Spiders. Coming off their first NCAA division 1 AA national championship!

Yeah they're 1 AA, or baby D1, but they're good. And no other college has the Spider for its mascot.

I loved my racing swim suit, navy blue with a white embroidered Spider right on the right ass cheek. Well, I loved it as much as a guy can love a speedo, I guess.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #6
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Ok, short and sweet. I have always followed pro football, never really got into college sports. I went to a tech school so there's no allegiance or anything. I refuse to root for Penn St because everyone around here does. I want to start watching CFB this year but need a team. I don't want to root for any of the really heavy hitters (Texas, Michigan, Florida, etc) since that would be some front running b.s. Basically, I'm looking for a team that runs the spread or some other creative offense. Right now I'm thinking of Texas Tech or Boise St... I want to start researching early enough to pick a team for this year. Any suggestions?
I suggest Northwestern. Pick an academic school.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 AM   #7
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Gtripp, wtf you doing on in teh middle of the night.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #8
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Gtripp, wtf you doing on in teh middle of the night.
I'm always on.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

LSU is really a fun team to watch/follow. The SEC is where it's at. Easily the best conference and competition, imo. I'm also a Michigan fan even though they're terrible now and I love Tulane because I went there, but they may get their program cut in the near future. So, I would recommend LSU, if you can ever make it to a game down there, I would highly suggest it. Their fans are crazy and really committed to their team.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 AM   #10
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

LSU and OU are way too huge. I always liked Arizona State, plus Pat Tillman went there... When I've watched games over the last couple of years, it's always been fun to watch the smaller schools use the spread to close the gap.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #11
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
LSU and OU are way too huge. I always liked Arizona State, plus Pat Tillman went there... When I've watched games over the last couple of years, it's always been fun to watch the smaller schools use the spread to close the gap.
If that's the case, when Dennis Dixon was the Q, Oregon was awesome to watch. I didn't have Fox Sports Pacific during last football season, but they're still an up and comer trying to use the spread to catch up to/bring down U$C.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #12
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
You probably root for Afghanistan in the Olympics too, just to spite all those America homers you must run into. Seriously, I was so pumped up to open this thread and lay out my reasons for supporting Penn State...and then I read your third sentence. Now I'm wondering if you rooted for England during Braveheart
How else did you think I got to be a Redskins fan in the middle of Eagles/Steelers country?
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,440
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Do people really pick teams this way? Just seems like your choice needs to be a little more natural.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #14
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Do people really pick teams this way? Just seems like your choice needs to be a little more natural.
I know, it is a little weird, but I've never followed it and I have no allegiance whatsoever, which leaves something missing during watching the games. Like i said, if I had to pick right now, i'd say ASU, but I'm not entirely sure as to why. I liked the school and the fact that Tillman went there is very cool.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #15
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Do people really pick teams this way? Just seems like your choice needs to be a little more natural.
I was thinking the same thing. Just watch College Football and you'll end up liking teams. I just got into it a couple of years ago and I love watching it now, regardless of who's playing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26911 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25