Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Madden 10 reviews

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm liking the game so far but I can't run the ball for shit. I'm averaging 3 yards a pop with Portis. I've tried running inside, outside, and out of every formation possible but can't get anything consistent going.
Perhaps you're in need of training camp to improve your hand-eye coordination?

Are there any noticeable bugs in the game? How annoying is Collinsworthless?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #32
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,442
Re: Madden 10 reviews

It's alright
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-05-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #33
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm liking the game so far but I can't run the ball for shit. I'm averaging 3 yards a pop with Portis. I've tried running inside, outside, and out of every formation possible but can't get anything consistent going.
I agree. I could break some stuff off in "Pro," but on "All-Pro" I am getting shut down in the run. I do think the game is big step up over last year.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #34
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Madden 10 reviews

I'm just not getting any holes to run through. I regularly get hit at the line before I even get going.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Graphics wise though the game is gorgeous.

I like how they have the throwing motions down for all the starting QBs, nice touch.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #36
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,813
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Graphics wise though the game is gorgeous.

I like how they have the throwing motions down for all the starting QBs, nice touch.
Agreed on both counts. I love how they've got JC's throwing motion and stance down, it makes it feel so much more realistic.

My big gripe with the game was the "my skill" thing I did. I hadn't played Madden since '08 came out so I was slightly rusty but I didn't do too good on the skill thing that determines your skill level.

But for some reason when it came to the pass defense it rated me as a mid-All Pro. The only reason for that was because I was pretty successful at using my d-line guy to get pressure on the qb and force a bad throw. But as a result of it scoring me high in the games I've been getting lit up on pass defense despite getting pressure on the qb. I couldn't win my first two preseason games in franchise mode because it made Joe Flacco and Roethlisberger look like Tom Brady, gunslingin' the ball all over the place. I can't get picks or sacks or fumbles either, not to mention on the rare occasion I do force a fumble I'm usually too late on playing that fumble pile minigame they got so it usually gives the ball to the other team.

Another thing I was looking forward to was seeing if I could edit packages in the playbook to make certain players play in certain packages. In years past lets say I wanted to make Marcus Washington play end when my nickel d package was on the field well I could do a subsitute and he would play at left end or w/e whenever I ran that package. I was looking forward to taking Orakpo and putting him as the LDE when I wasn't running the 4-3 so he would have a better shot at more sacks when he wasn't on the field as a linebacker but you can't do that apparantly. Maybe they reorganized it or something but I couldn't find it which is disappointing.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Madden 10 reviews

I've been messing around with the sliders and I can finally run the ball and avg more than 2 or 3 yards a carry.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Agreed on both counts. I love how they've got JC's throwing motion and stance down, it makes it feel so much more realistic.

My big gripe with the game was the "my skill" thing I did. I hadn't played Madden since '08 came out so I was slightly rusty but I didn't do too good on the skill thing that determines your skill level.

But for some reason when it came to the pass defense it rated me as a mid-All Pro. The only reason for that was because I was pretty successful at using my d-line guy to get pressure on the qb and force a bad throw. But as a result of it scoring me high in the games I've been getting lit up on pass defense despite getting pressure on the qb. I couldn't win my first two preseason games in franchise mode because it made Joe Flacco and Roethlisberger look like Tom Brady, gunslingin' the ball all over the place. I can't get picks or sacks or fumbles either, not to mention on the rare occasion I do force a fumble I'm usually too late on playing that fumble pile minigame they got so it usually gives the ball to the other team.

Another thing I was looking forward to was seeing if I could edit packages in the playbook to make certain players play in certain packages. In years past lets say I wanted to make Marcus Washington play end when my nickel d package was on the field well I could do a subsitute and he would play at left end or w/e whenever I ran that package. I was looking forward to taking Orakpo and putting him as the LDE when I wasn't running the 4-3 so he would have a better shot at more sacks when he wasn't on the field as a linebacker but you can't do that apparantly. Maybe they reorganized it or something but I couldn't find it which is disappointing.
Think you can still do that, check out the in-game subs.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #39
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,813
Re: Madden 10 reviews

The only other thing I don't like about it is having to pay like 10 extra bucks if you want your franchise players to do the maximum progression, or if you want to have a good training staff, etc. I mean we already had to pay 60 bucks for the game, now we have to pay 10 more if we want to receive the best improvements in franchise mode? Franchise mode is my bread and butter so that's why I'm kinda upset about that.

Edit: Thanks for the tip Matty, I'm gonna check that out.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #40
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,813
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Think you can still do that, check out the in-game subs.
I was looking but I can't find it. I went under the coaching tab, but it's not in audibles or defensive assignments. I could assign him to guard a specific player if I wanted to but unless I'm mistaken you can't sub him in on certain packages.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #41
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,442
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Agreed on both counts. I love how they've got JC's throwing motion and stance down, it makes it feel so much more realistic.

My big gripe with the game was the "my skill" thing I did. I hadn't played Madden since '08 came out so I was slightly rusty but I didn't do too good on the skill thing that determines your skill level.

But for some reason when it came to the pass defense it rated me as a mid-All Pro. The only reason for that was because I was pretty successful at using my d-line guy to get pressure on the qb and force a bad throw. But as a result of it scoring me high in the games I've been getting lit up on pass defense despite getting pressure on the qb. I couldn't win my first two preseason games in franchise mode because it made Joe Flacco and Roethlisberger look like Tom Brady, gunslingin' the ball all over the place. I can't get picks or sacks or fumbles either, not to mention on the rare occasion I do force a fumble I'm usually too late on playing that fumble pile minigame they got so it usually gives the ball to the other team.

Another thing I was looking forward to was seeing if I could edit packages in the playbook to make certain players play in certain packages. In years past lets say I wanted to make Marcus Washington play end when my nickel d package was on the field well I could do a subsitute and he would play at left end or w/e whenever I ran that package. I was looking forward to taking Orakpo and putting him as the LDE when I wasn't running the 4-3 so he would have a better shot at more sacks when he wasn't on the field as a linebacker but you can't do that apparantly. Maybe they reorganized it or something but I couldn't find it which is disappointing.
You still can. I know on PS3 it's R1 that allows you to sub by formation. Not sure what it is on XBOX but if you pay attention to the prompts under the play select screen you'll see it. All you have to do is select plays by formation instead of play types or ask Madden.

The thing that kind of disappoints me is they still haven't taken care of that OLB/DE glitch thats been around since the PS2 days. Orakpo was originally slated to be rated 80 or something at DE but now that he plays LB he becomes an 85 when you move him. I mean it's great that he's a Skin but they really need to fix that. In the meantime it reminds me of the old days when I would draft David Pollack and Manny Lawson who were rated around 80 at LB and turn them into 90+ DE's.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Madden 10 reviews

I am hating JC in this game. His delivery takes so damn long and anything over 20 yds is a prayer as far as accuracy is concerned. (all pro)
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #43
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,442
Re: Madden 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I am hating JC in this game. His delivery takes so damn long and anything over 20 yds is a prayer as far as accuracy is concerned. (all pro)
I know tell me about it. I'm having a much easier time playing with Colt and Collins. I think the key to being successful to this game is finding a guy with a quick release.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 AM   #44
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,903
Re: Madden 10 reviews

I have been good with JC maybe I am just lucky
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #45
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Madden 10 reviews

You do have to adjust to his longer delivery but basically you just have to time your throw earlier. I really haven't had a big problem either.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.48203 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25