Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What has Obama done well?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #301
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
oh, come on sweetie..don't be tho thentative.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not offended. I'm actually kind of laughing at you to be honest.

You post a string of comments like that, and then mock those of us who don't "know you so well." We know about you what you've typed here.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #302
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I think it's time for Obama to do a housecleaning. Rahm, Axelrod, Gibbs need to go. They are not up to the job. He should bring in some steadier hands and maybe he can save his presidency. Maybe. We were told that experience and lack thereof didn't count, but it does. In a town like Washington, people who wing it, get eaten for breakfast. He's got majorities that no President has enjoyed since Johnson and he still can't move legislation. That's indicative of staff weakness. That's what de-railed Carter. Reagan got legislation passed with Tip O'Neill running congress. Of course, he had Jim Baker. Obama has Chicago people who are coming from a play to play approach where you just buy off the legislature. In D.C you can buy some but not all of the votes you need. Money is unpersuasive if people are afraid for their political lives. He needs to clean house.
I've got to agree. Rahm is a bulldog, and he's over the top. Even Obama knows it. When roasting hm prior to the election, Obama referred to an accident Rahm had while working at a fast food restaurant back in the day: "Rahm lost part of his middle finger, rendering him mute." Exactly.

Axlerod is out to make money. AKPD is going to be this administration's Haliburton:
White House Denies Axelrod Benefits from Ad Deals - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Frankly the Obama administration scares me right now. This kind of defecit spending is out of control, and many in his own party are saying "slow down and listen to us."

I hope he's enjoying his vacation.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #303
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurfs22 View Post
~~~~~~~
I have no problem with Obama taking a vacation, everyone needs a break. I do find it interesting he is vacationing in one of the most elitist and still racially divided places in America. Bush hung out at his ranch and chopped wood. Last I checked the economy is still faltering and we are still at war.
I find that interesting, too.

What I find disgusting is how he preached that it is "time for Americans to tighten their belts," yet he can take Michelle out for "date night" in NYC to the tune of a $24,000 cost to US taxpayers, and a $50K/week vacation in Martha's Vineyard. I said it before, I wonder what the carbon footprint of that estate is?

Come on, Barry. At least make your campaign hyperbole somewhat believable. Do you what you say, not what you do I guess. Especially while your wife plants the official White House vegetable garden (and visited a homeless shelter) in $500+ shoes. She also just enjoyed a lavish European vacation with the girls on our dime. Now on to the Vineyard. How's that belt feel?

Remember this while he was campaigning in Ohio? :

ďAnd thatís why Iím not going to stand here and simply tell you what Iím going to spend, Iím going to tell you how weíre going to save when Iím president. Iíll do what you do in your own family budgets. You got to tighten your belt. You make sure youíre spending money wisely. The government needs to do the same thing."


I'll do what you do in your own family budgets. Wow.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #304
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: What has Obama done well?

He could probably get a health care bill tomorrow if he were willing to stiffarm the Left. Republicans + Moderate House Democrats + 70 Senators from both sides on a limited bill that guarantees coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions, guarantees portability, and offers vouchers for low-income consumers, (+ negotiable extras) = Greatness. He might have to throw the trial lawyers over but, what are they gonna do?

Tavis Smiley was on MTP yesterday, and he said "Bi-partisanship is great but you shouldn't give up your principles". Which is an interesting quote because it reveals a lot about the Liberal mindset. Their idea of compromise is when they write the bill and you vote for it. True bi-partisanship necessarily means giving up at least on or more of your principles. Until they figure that out, they will struggle because they have 50 or 60 house members who could easily be voted out next time and who are increasingly unlikely to go along with the Left.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #305
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I find that interesting, too.

What I find disgusting is how he preached that it is "time for Americans to tighten their belts," yet he can take Michelle out for "date night" in NYC to the tune of a $24,000 cost to US taxpayers, and a $50K/week vacation in Martha's Vineyard. I said it before, I wonder what the carbon footprint of that estate is?

Come on, Barry. At least make your campaign hyperbole somewhat believable. Do you what you say, not what you do I guess. Especially while your wife plants the official White House vegetable garden (and visited a homeless shelter) in $500+ shoes. She also just enjoyed a lavish European vacation with the girls on our dime. Now on to the Vineyard. How's that belt feel?

Remember this while he was campaigning in Ohio? :

ďAnd thatís why Iím not going to stand here and simply tell you what Iím going to spend, Iím going to tell you how weíre going to save when Iím president. Iíll do what you do in your own family budgets. You got to tighten your belt. You make sure youíre spending money wisely. The government needs to do the same thing."


I'll do what you do in your own family budgets. Wow.
He should have gone to Branson/Lake of the Ozarks, MO. It's awesome. Golf, Jet Skis, a party cove with naked Midwestern chicks, Yakov Smirnoff. What's not to like.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #306
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
I think it's time for Obama to do a housecleaning. Rahm, Axelrod, Gibbs need to go. They are not up to the job. He should bring in some steadier hands and maybe he can save his presidency. Maybe. We were told that experience and lack thereof didn't count, but it does. In a town like Washington, people who wing it, get eaten for breakfast. He's got majorities that no President has enjoyed since Johnson and he still can't move legislation. That's indicative of staff weakness. That's what de-railed Carter. Reagan got legislation passed with Tip O'Neill running congress. Of course, he had Jim Baker. Obama has Chicago people who are coming from a play to play approach where you just buy off the legislature. In D.C you can buy some but not all of the votes you need. Money is unpersuasive if people are afraid for their political lives. He needs to clean house.
you guys make me laugh. you jump all over dbanch, because he speaks against your beliefs. calling him mindless. but posts like this, nothing is said. Obama has been in office all of 7 months. thank god you have all of this figured out already. maybe we can have an emergency election to get someone that suits you into office. oh, i forgot.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #307
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: What has Obama done well?

Go back and read where I began my threads. I'm surprised no one has caught on yet...horses can be made to drink, I guess.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #308
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I voted for Obama and think he's done a reasonably good job thus far. First and foremost, I am pretty convinced that Bush and Obama brought us back from the brink of the Great Depression II. We were staring down a deep abyss and, although we spent a lot of money on our lifeline (i.e., the various stimulus packages), it was likely a necessary evil.

That said, I don't agree with everything he's done and plans to do. For example, I like the idea of universal health care coverage, but I see this latest effort as a "bridge too far." We're facing record deficits, fighting two wars, and just coming out of the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression. Whether the goals are laudable is irrelevant; the entitlement spending being contemplated by any iteration of the health care plan is exhorbitant. I also feel uncomfortable with the bailout of the auto industry. Whereas we could not have afforded to watch the banking system collapse, I think we would have been okay had we let inefficient auto companies file for bankruptcy and reorganize on their own.

But, I must say, that the right is doing a major disservice to itself by waging an ugly war against Obama. Sure, the left did it to Dubya, but two wrongs don't make a right. Calling Obama unAmerican or Hitler, or blasting him for bowing to king, is childish and, frankly, stupid. Talking about recession, carrying firearms to town hall protests, or talking about "watering the tree of liberty" is repulsive and, ultimately, will push moderates to the left.
Good post, and not because you voted for Obama either. You mentioned that the bailouts started under Bush, a fact some of my conservative brothers don't bring up when they talk about deficit spending, but hammer away at President Obama as if he caused the financial crisis. The initial signs seem to have had a somewhat positive effect on the banking industry. I say somewhat because there are still too many banks failing at a rapid pace, which isn't a good sign.

On a somewhat related note, it looks like the president will reappoint Ben Bernanke as Fed Chairman. I think it's a good move. You want a steady hand on the tiller in times like these.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #309
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not offended. I'm actually kind of laughing at you to be honest.

You post a string of comments like that, and then mock those of us who don't "know you so well." We know about you what you've typed here.
you just proved my point for me. cheers.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #310
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
you guys make me laugh. you jump all over dbanch, because he speaks against your beliefs. calling him mindless. but posts like this, nothing is said. Obama has been in office all of 7 months. thank god you have all of this figured out already. maybe we can have an emergency election to get someone that suits you into office. oh, i forgot.
dblanch was getting the responses he got because of his mindless comments below, not because he has differing beliefs:
- accusing me of dropping acid (in more than one thread) because I have differing views from him.
- alluding to Christians being stupid.
- calling Smoot's response "uneducated wit"
- he gets called out on a bogus claim and responds with "poopy head" and a nonsense response.
- responds to posts with "doo doo head", "panties twisted", "go burn a cross, you tool", "jack off to the bible, Bartholomew", "your momma"

70s post is his opinion, nowhere close to the level of the nonsense last night.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' ó Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #311
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
you guys make me laugh. you jump all over dbanch, because he speaks against your beliefs. calling him mindless. but posts like this, nothing is said. Obama has been in office all of 7 months. thank god you have all of this figured out already. maybe we can have an emergency election to get someone that suits you into office. oh, i forgot.
Please, you have to be kidding. Your only problem with 70's post is that 70 wrote it. Let's recap what got us to where we are. Miller101 made the comment that basically Obama's problem is he's trying to communicate with Republicans which is a lost cause because all Republicans are stupid. Dblanch said "get ready for a firestorm my friend" I, being a stupid Republican, made the mistake of getting involved in this thread by joking that I couldn't respond because, well,...if I only had a brain. Then Dblanch came back with some assertion about most Christians are ignorant about religious history and most Christians are Republicans so therefore I guess most Republicans are ignorant. SS33 then came back with some evidence refuting Dblanch's allegations and then Dblanch's retort was to...well, you're a smart liberal, you can go back and read the posts.

But let's not act like we should be giving Dblanch the benefit of the doubt here. He hasn't done or said anything that merits anyone coming to his defense. I think we'd all be best served by ignoring him moving forward...or we can just lock this thread.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #312
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,550
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
dblanch was getting the responses he got because of his mindless comments below, not because he has differing beliefs:
...
- he gets called out on a bogus claim and responds with "poopy head" and a nonsense response.
...
Seriously, "poopy head"- isn't that banworthy just by itself. I think we all appreciate discussion and we know there are viewpoints across the board, but to use truly juvenile responses, just is ridiculous.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #313
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: What has Obama done well?

somewhere along the line this " discussion" turned into an argument
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #314
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,938
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
somewhere along the line this " discussion" turned into an argument
Pretty much right off the bat.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #315
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
you just proved my point for me. cheers.
Posting stuff like "go jack off to the bible" tells me all I care to know about you. But I'm sure it's all part of some plan by you, seeing as we're all "horses being made to drink." Please.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33841 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25