Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What has Obama done well?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #361
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,306
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
and:
And I would suggest someone who paints with as "wide a brush" in calling people dumbasses should look in the mirror to find the dumbass.

I never called anyone a dumbass.
Not to re-ignite this whole thing, but to clarify, I know you didn't call anyone a dumbass. The response you quoted from me was to Miller101.

And I don't think the "poopy head" one was your most controversial post, making lewd suggestions involving the Bible trumped that one.

Water under the bridge though, no worries.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #362
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,176
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Not to re-ignite this whole thing, but to clarify, I know you didn't call anyone a dumbass. The response you quoted from me was to Miller101.

And I don't think the "poopy head" one was your most controversial post, making lewd suggestions involving the Bible trumped that one.

Water under the bridge though, no worries.
When backed into a corner, I go for the most zinging thing I can. Not one of my finest moments. I got nuttin' but love for you, Slingin'. Politics is a testy business and usually one that leads to flare ups.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #363
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,306
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
When backed into a corner, I go for the most zinging thing I can. Not one of my finest moments. I got nuttin' but love for you, Slingin'. Politics is a testy business and usually one that leads to flare ups.
Ditto
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #364
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: What has Obama done well?

Geez, my post my have had something to do with the firestorm too. Dang you Republicans sure are touchy!

Just one thing to clarify. I didn't say all Republicans are dumbasses. I just said that Obama and his administration screwed up BY NOT USING LITTLE WORDS TO GET THEIR POINT ACROSS. Obama shouldn't have used the big words of "Public Option". He should have used something alot smaller and alot more simpler. Something Like "Medicare for all" or "GrandMa's Plan" or "Unemployed Care". Just anything but "Public Option". Then Republicans would have understood it and liked it! And it would have passed a while ago!

I say that, because the only things Republicans hate about the bill are things that aren't even in the bill. "Death Panels", "Abortions", and "Illegal Immigrant Care". They scream those things out at these town halls everyday. And now Republicans are all stuck on this and they won't drop it. Even when there told time and time again that its not in the bill. They just won't drop it. And I put that on Obama. I don't blame Republicans. I understand they're people too. And they just need a guy that went to Harvard Law School to better understand them and Keep It Simple. Thats all I was trying to say. I wasn't exactly calling Republicans dumbasses. I probably shouldn't have used that word and I am sorry for the problems that it caused here.
__________________
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #365
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Geez, my post my have had something to do with the firestorm too. Dang you Republicans sure are touchy!

Just one thing to clarify. I didn't say all Republicans are dumbasses. I just said that Obama and his administration screwed up BY NOT USING LITTLE WORDS TO GET THEIR POINT ACROSS. Obama shouldn't have used the big words of "Public Option". He should have used something alot smaller and alot more simpler. Something Like "Medicare for all" or "GrandMa's Plan" or "Unemployed Care". Just anything but "Public Option". Then Republicans would have understood it and liked it! And it would have passed a while ago!

I say that, because the only things Republicans hate about the bill are things that aren't even in the bill. "Death Panels", "Abortions", and "Illegal Immigrant Care". They scream those things out at these town halls everyday. And now Republicans are all stuck on this and they won't drop it. Even when there told time and time again that its not in the bill. They just won't drop it. And I put that on Obama. I don't blame Republicans. I understand they're people too. And they just need a guy that went to Harvard Law School to better understand them and Keep It Simple. Thats all I was trying to say. I wasn't exactly calling Republicans dumbasses. I probably shouldn't have used that word and I am sorry for the problems that it caused here.
So your sure abortion won't be covered by Obama:
Abortion: Which Side Is Fabricating? | FactCheck.org

I guess we can all keep our current insurance also:
Keep Your Insurance? Not Everyone. | FactCheck.org

Obama also said his plan will be paid for but we all know thats not true he also just missed his 10 estimate of the deffect by over two trillion dollars. I'll say that again HE MISSED THE PROJECTED DEFECET BY 2,000,000,000,000 but we are suppose to believe he has this all under controll and it will run cheap and smooth for years to come just like the cash for clunkers. Ops, that has been a mess also and that only dealing with junk cars but I should allow him to take over my health care with no worries. What a dumb rep. that I would even worry about that.

Maybe its the blind sheep on the other side that cannot see all the programs that the goverment has screwed up time after time but you smart people think they can get this right. Hmmm, if you allow someone to screw up thing after thing costing you money its smart to give them more money to screw up something else. OK, if that sounds smart I'm glade I'm dumb.

Last edited by firstdown; 08-26-2009 at 05:41 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #366
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,161
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Geez, my post my have had something to do with the firestorm too. Dang you Republicans sure are touchy!

Just one thing to clarify. I didn't say all Republicans are dumbasses. I just said that Obama and his administration screwed up BY NOT USING LITTLE WORDS TO GET THEIR POINT ACROSS. Obama shouldn't have used the big words of "Public Option". He should have used something alot smaller and alot more simpler. Something Like "Medicare for all" or "GrandMa's Plan" or "Unemployed Care". Just anything but "Public Option". Then Republicans would have understood it and liked it! And it would have passed a while ago!

I say that, because the only things Republicans hate about the bill are things that aren't even in the bill. "Death Panels", "Abortions", and "Illegal Immigrant Care". They scream those things out at these town halls everyday. And now Republicans are all stuck on this and they won't drop it. Even when there told time and time again that its not in the bill. They just won't drop it. And I put that on Obama. I don't blame Republicans. I understand they're people too. And they just need a guy that went to Harvard Law School to better understand them and Keep It Simple. Thats all I was trying to say. I wasn't exactly calling Republicans dumbasses. I probably shouldn't have used that word and I am sorry for the problems that it caused here.
hey look ma, he's right and everyone else is stupid!

maybe some people just hold different opinions for very good reasons.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #367
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,176
Re: What has Obama done well?

Can't wait for some football! Politics is my idle folly.
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #368
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: What has Obama done well?

You didn't vote for Obama and your candidate didn't win. Now I understand the frustration when your agenda is in the process of being erased at break neck speed but please stop crying about teh deficit. After the imigration bill the hispanic majority population will be the ones who pay off the National Debt. Go play golf and pretend like you are actually doing something positive for America.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #369
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
You didn't vote for Obama and your candidate didn't win. Now I understand the frustration when your agenda is in the process of being erased at break neck speed but please stop crying about teh deficit. After the imigration bill the hispanic majority population will be the ones who pay off the National Debt. Go play golf and pretend like you are actually doing something positive for America.
I guess you said the same thing for 8 years to all the people who bitched and protested Bush even before he took office. Funny thing was Bush always said those people had the right to protest and Obama and the left now say the right should just shut up. Last time I looked I have the right to say as I feel and thats my freedom which seems now like the left would like to take that away now that they are in office. I'll be glade to shut up when the policies pushed by Obama do not affect my life and my income. By the way last time I check the hispanic comunity coming here has no money so how will they pay the 9 trillion of dept. With our money that we have run out of?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #370
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: What has Obama done well?

so first, i guess you were against the patriot act? since you are worried about your freedoms? i get the feeling you might be one of those not in my back yard types
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #371
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
By the way last time I check the hispanic comunity coming here has no money so how will they pay the 9 trillion of dept. With our money that we have run out of?
Which immigrant group that ever came to America had money when they got here. Most immigrant groups excluding Anglos and the descendants of African slaves got here after the country had already been built into an shining sucess. So any immigrant after the industrial revolution is spending our money (those of us who are descendants of the Americans who built this country).

footnote:
Most of these zenophobic types haven't been here a hundred years yet. A Russian immigrant who can barely speak English is the leader of the birthers. How ironic.

ps. My grandfather fought in WW2. I am authentic Amercian as you can get.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #372
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: What has Obama done well?

1796
Public Land Act of 1796 authorized Federal land sales to the public in minimum 640-acre plots at $2 per acre of credit.

SOCIALISM
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #373
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: What has Obama done well?

I'll take 640 acres for $1,280 please. Thank you.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #374
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I guess you said the same thing for 8 years to all the people who bitched and protested Bush even before he took office. Funny thing was Bush always said those people had the right to protest and Obama and the left now say the right should just shut up. Last time I looked I have the right to say as I feel and thats my freedom which seems now like the left would like to take that away now that they are in office. I'll be glade to shut up when the policies pushed by Obama do not affect my life and my income. By the way last time I check the hispanic comunity coming here has no money so how will they pay the 9 trillion of dept. With our money that we have run out of?
Exactly my point firstdown!!!!! EXACTLY! Remember back when Obama did his budget, the Republicans said 'no'. Obama said what do you mean 'no', no what? Republicans said 'no'. Obama, a little bit frustrated, said.......okay do you have any ideas?. Republicans, 'NO'. Obama then says, "just shut up". You see, thats my whole point. Obama is trying to communicate with them, but is using words that are just a little bit to big. He needs to simplify it. "Shut up" is a simple word. Thats what Republicans get and thats what they remember. Obama needs to find those little words and use them! Then he has bipartisanship. Thats going to be a challenge. I don't know if he can do it myself, but we'll see.
__________________
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #375
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
1796
Public Land Act of 1796 authorized Federal land sales to the public in minimum 640-acre plots at $2 per acre of credit.

SOCIALISM
Does that come with a mule?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46490 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25