Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What has Obama done well?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #121
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,771
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Really? We should probably start a thread to discuss them!!!
Maybe we could get a debate between JoeRedskin and Saden going. We would have to limit length of posts though
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #122
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fine. I give up. Look, Obama has done some good things (already outlined) and he's broken promises (outlined as well), but that's to be expected. Politicians always make promises they can't keep when campaigning. Whether it's not kept through their own fault or reasons beyond their control, campaign promises are impossible to keep 100% of the time.

But this whole Obama hates America because there is allegedly no proof he was born in the United States is among the dumbest of the litany of dumb political posts here. That a Redskins fan would think that makes me both embarrassed to be a Redskins fan and a registered Republican.

I blame only myself for even participating in such a stupid discussion
Come on SS you cannot read this post of mine and not know I was joking. As I said several post before this one I have not followed the issue of his BC and that would probably indicate that I really don't care. Even if it was proven that Obama was not born in the US we would just get his side kick Biden and wouldn't that then make speaker of the house NP VP.

My post you replied to:
They are hiding something. If you look at the fine print on the bottom it says this will serve as proff in court but this is not a court. I demand a recount. By the way SS anybody (except me) with computers now days can make one of those things up.


firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #123
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
It seems that there's an organized effort by the Republicans to make Obama look bad in these town hall meetings. Honestly, I got an e-mail from a conservative friend where a doctor attacked Obama's health proposal. We complain about getting big bills from doctors, then we claim that they must know more than any of the rest of us on what Obama's health plan really means. What I'm thinking is it means less money for the doctors (and rightly so), and that's the real reason they don't like it.
Please explain why you think doctors should not get paid the money they are currently making. The reason I ask is I have two friends that are doctors and I'll also add they probably make more money then any of my other friends. With that said they both work harder then anyone else I know and they earn the money they make. If you start to cut doctors pay they will not become doctors and choose a career that pays them for their hard work. You will then water down the quality of doctors over time.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #124
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,771
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
It seems that there's an organized effort by the Republicans to make Obama look bad in these town hall meetings. Honestly, I got an e-mail from a conservative friend where a doctor attacked Obama's health proposal. We complain about getting big bills from doctors, then we claim that they must know more than any of the rest of us on what Obama's health plan really means. What I'm thinking is it means less money for the doctors (and rightly so), and that's the real reason they don't like it.
Certainly there was never any organized effort by the opposition party to make other Presidents look bad. And with biased facts at that. OMG I can't believe how unfair they are.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #125
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fine. I give up. Look, Obama has done some good things (already outlined) and he's broken promises (outlined as well), but that's to be expected. Politicians always make promises they can't keep when campaigning. Whether it's not kept through their own fault or reasons beyond their control, campaign promises are impossible to keep 100% of the time.

But this whole Obama hates America because there is allegedly no proof he was born in the United States is among the dumbest of the litany of dumb political posts here. That a Redskins fan would think that makes me both embarrassed to be a Redskins fan and a registered Republican.

I blame only myself for even participating in such a stupid discussion
From what I have read in the post here people are not saying he hates America because he was not born here they are looking at the people he associated with over the years. I currently do not buy into he hates Americia but its not that far of a stretch for someone to come up with that looking at his past relationships with certain people. Rev Write we know what he has said and he also had a close relationship to people who bombed a police cars. There are other ? people but I cannot think of them at this moment.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #126
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: What has Obama done well?

I have, and still do, associate with people who do not share my views -- some are even my good friends. It's important to understand that people's views don't have to conform to yours to make them valid. Once you understand that, it's easy to accept it.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #127
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
thats bullcrap. bush thought going into iraq was the right thing to do. we were attacked on american soil, i would say bush had a huge set of balls for actually fighting back instead of just standing pat and saying to the american people "we prolly deserved that, lets appoligize for the way we've been living and maybe the terrorists will leave us alone". thats what obama and all the lefties would want to do. bush fought back and to this day he still gets bashed for it.


and thanks for telling me how to spend my money. you want me to pay for another's health care to "save a life" but your prolly for abortion.
1. Iraq had nothing to do with the attack on American soil. You cannot fight a war against terrorists on a typical battlefield. The terrorists that attacked the U.S. were sent by a man hiding in Afghanistan. But you are right, Bush had the balls to persuade less intelligent people like you that going into Iraq was what we needed to do. Now before you start questioning my patriotism, realize that I was there. I could argue on and on about the war, but I would rather point out that youíre a hypocrite.

2. You said thanks for telling you how to spend your money. Isn't that what America does every day by telling countries that they cannot invest in their nuclear programs? You are telling me that I cannot tell you not to drive a V-8 because it is bad for the environment, but you can tell Iran not to make missiles because they are bad for the environment. That's awesome! Who told America that we couldn't make our nuclear missiles and build our nuclear sub marines and power plants? We tell them because we understand the devastation that may come of them just like I understand the devastation by you driving your V-8. So come on Wolfeskis, please donít drive a V-8 or I will sanction you and plan air strikes against your garage.

3. You say that I want money for healthcare and I am for abortion. Letís get one thing straight. I am for healthcare, but nobody is for abortion! There are just people out there that realize that there are circumstances that exist in which abortion is the lesser of 2 evils. If a woman is raped and she does not want to keep a child...I understand. If the mother has 50% chance of survival and the child has zero...I understand. You guys have to stop thinking in terms of it's this way or that way, and realize the grey areas out there.

4. Only you can prevent narrow mindedness. Do you really think that by adopting universal healthcare that we would actually allow a person into their 90's to just die? We as a society would not allow this. You guys bitch about how much money Obama is spending and how much is coming out of your pocket and you truly believe that the government is just going to take your money let grandma die? That's good old Republican cynicism at its best. Nothing like some good ole hell and damnation preaching! Grandma is going to be OK, so are your son, your father and anyone else. The good news is that there are also going to be people that never had healthcare before that are going to be OK as well.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #128
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
1. Iraq had nothing to do with the attack on American soil. You cannot fight a war against terrorists on a typical battlefield. The terrorists that attacked the U.S. were sent by a man hiding in Afghanistan. But you are right, Bush had the balls to persuade less intelligent people like you that going into Iraq was what we needed to do. Now before you start questioning my patriotism, realize that I was there. I could argue on and on about the war, but I would rather point out that youíre a hypocrite.

2. You said thanks for telling you how to spend your money. Isn't that what America does every day by telling countries that they cannot invest in their nuclear programs? You are telling me that I cannot tell you not to drive a V-8 because it is bad for the environment, but you can tell Iran not to make missiles because they are bad for the environment. That's awesome! Who told America that we couldn't make our nuclear missiles and build our nuclear sub marines and power plants? We tell them because we understand the devastation that may come of them just like I understand the devastation by you driving your V-8. So come on Wolfeskis, please donít drive a V-8 or I will sanction you and plan air strikes against your garage.

3. You say that I want money for healthcare and I am for abortion. Letís get one thing straight. I am for healthcare, but nobody is for abortion! There are just people out there that realize that there are circumstances that exist in which abortion is the lesser of 2 evils. If a woman is raped and she does not want to keep a child...I understand. If the mother has 50% chance of survival and the child has zero...I understand. You guys have to stop thinking in terms of it's this way or that way, and realize the grey areas out there.

4. Only you can prevent narrow mindedness. Do you really think that by adopting universal healthcare that we would actually allow a person into their 90's to just die? We as a society would not allow this. You guys bitch about how much money Obama is spending and how much is coming out of your pocket and you truly believe that the government is just going to take your money let grandma die? That's good old Republican cynicism at its best. Nothing like some good ole hell and damnation preaching! Grandma is going to be OK, so are your son, your father and anyone else. The good news is that there are also going to be people that never had healthcare before that are going to be OK as well.
There are over 1,200,000 abortions a year in the US and about 2% of them are done to save the life of the mother or rap. Thats an old argument and most people would agree that those are a different case. I'm not against abortion because I feel it a nessary evil but I'm against tax payer funded abortions.This comes from a person who had a friend die after giving birth.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #129
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
There are over 1,200,000 abortions a year in the US and about 2% of them are done to save the life of the mother or rap. Thats an old argument and most people would agree that those are a different case. I'm not against abortion because I feel it a nessary evil but I'm against tax payer funded abortions.This comes from a person who had a friend die after giving birth.
The rap game is killing kids?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #130
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What has Obama done well?

Fair enough, and I would somewhat agree. I am just sick of the whole. "Your for abortion" thing.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #131
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: What has Obama done well?

2. You said thanks for telling you how to spend your money. Isn't that what America does every day by telling countries that they cannot invest in their nuclear programs? You are telling me that I cannot tell you not to drive a V-8 because it is bad for the environment, but you can tell Iran not to make missiles because they are bad for the environment. That's awesome! Who told America that we couldn't make our nuclear missiles and build our nuclear sub marines and power plants? We tell them because we understand the devastation that may come of them just like I understand the devastation by you driving your V-8. So come on Wolfeskis, please donít drive a V-8 or I will sanction you and plan air strikes against your garage.

This is what I've been saying for awhile. The Federal Government should leave people alone, at home and abroad.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #132
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Most of us know that Obama has done a poor job thus far as president (at least those that are willing to look at things objectively). So to be fair, and objective, what has he done right thus far?

Please note, this is not a bash Obama thread, we could fill up a ton of pages with what he's done wrong, this is purely a thread to show the positive Obama has done to this point...I'm sure Obama has done some good, so here's your chance to voice it.
He reads a teleprompter well. That's about it.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #133
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
The rap game is killing kids?
video games too
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #134
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
video games too
Damn!
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #135
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,985
Re: What has Obama done well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
The rap game is killing kids?
Only when kids use it as a gateway into the "thug" life and they take the messages like "get rich or die tryin'" to heart.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude

Last edited by ArtMonkDrillz; 08-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39210 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25