Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #46
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,122
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
SS I thought you came here to see if you could just read and understand my post.
Not even a genius like Norman Einstein could understand your posts
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
And you didn't already know this? I've never heard of a plan that didn't cover emergency rooms visits in some way...as long as they were necessary.
I got hit by an old lady who got her foot stuck on the accelerator. It seemed like BS to me too. I was current and it wasn't my fault either? Allen times 4 got me the money back for the hospital bill. It all worked out in the end. What should I've already known?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #48
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,303
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
For what it's worth, on these health care threads I basically skip everyone's posts but yours...if that makes you feel any better
I'm deeply hurt.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I'm deeply hurt.
For what it's worth, on these health care threads I basically read everyone's posts but Schneeds...if that makes you feel any better

haha, j/k
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #50
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,303
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

I would love to actually sit down and read the bill. But at 1000 pages that is just impossible for me to do on a comp. Plus, to really make sense of it, you need to have access to the various cross references within it.

I am used to reading these types of things and, when I tried to read through it on my comp, it just made my eyes hurt and my head spin. Is any one aware of: 1) where I can get a full copy of the bill w/out spending an arm an a leg in printer ink and paper; 2) a legislative synopsis so that I can cut through some of the legalese or least track down the meaning?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #51
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I would love to actually sit down and read the bill. But at 1000 pages that is just impossible for me to do on a comp. Plus, to really make sense of it, you need to have access to the various cross references within it.

I am used to reading these types of things and, when I tried to read through it on my comp, it just made my eyes hurt and my head spin. Is any one aware of: 1) where I can get a full copy of the bill w/out spending an arm an a leg in printer ink and paper; 2) a legislative synopsis so that I can cut through some of the legalese or least track down the meaning?
Cheapest way is to call your representative and ask for a copy though this is not always the easiest or fastest way. You can also buy a bound copy from these guys for $43.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #52
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,122
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I got hit by an old lady who got her foot stuck on the accelerator. It seemed like BS to me too. I was current and it wasn't my fault either? Allen times 4 got me the money back for the hospital bill. It all worked out in the end. What should I've already known?
So is that where your user name comes from?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #53
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,474
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

We all would like better health care / coverage . Im not sold on Capitol Hill making good sound policies , here is another state program to cover all that has ,,,,, you be the judge ..Tennessee Experiment's High Cost Fuels Health-Care Debate - WSJ.com
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #54
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,474
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not even a genius like Norman Einstein could understand your posts
What .... I don't understand
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #55
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I would love to actually sit down and read the bill. But at 1000 pages that is just impossible for me to do on a comp. Plus, to really make sense of it, you need to have access to the various cross references within it.

I am used to reading these types of things and, when I tried to read through it on my comp, it just made my eyes hurt and my head spin. Is any one aware of: 1) where I can get a full copy of the bill w/out spending an arm an a leg in printer ink and paper; 2) a legislative synopsis so that I can cut through some of the legalese or least track down the meaning?

It might be helpful to watch The Committee on Energy and Commerce markup meeting (day 1, day 2, day 3). Note that they've put out a section by section summary of the bill.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #56
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

They changed our health coverage at work, I now pay nearly 400 bucks a month. If it wasn't to cover my son I would just let the tax payers pay for me whenever I go to the emergency room and not pay the cost of health insurance. In my opinion any kind of insurance is a scam.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #57
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,064
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Well at least someone's getting something out of it. Glad to hear there's still an appetite to talk about the issues intelligently.

It's just tough to keep at it when you need to read through 3 pages of garbage just to find the one post by someone who has something meaningful to add.

Frustrated!
I think the issue is basically this. You know how complicated this issue is. Probably as complicated as anything, and for various reasons. But, BIG BUT, everyone is involved in some way so everyone has an opinion. Most of the opinions are based on extremely limited experience in the system and a rather limited (nice way of saying it) understanding of the industry and economics in general. But they still have opinions and because they are based on "experience" and self-belief so they are ingrained opinions. On the other hand those who have payed attention and tried to "know" what they are talking about are mostly partisan hacks who believe one way because they lack the ability to adequately remove political bias from their opinions.

The ones who actually know how this bad boy works, or at least have a more in depth knowledge, are people like you, doctors and insurance companies. But no one wants to listen to you all because you all "created the mess".
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #58
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,064
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I got hit by an old lady who got her foot stuck on the accelerator. It seemed like BS to me too. I was current and it wasn't my fault either? Allen times 4 got me the money back for the hospital bill. It all worked out in the end. What should I've already known?
How your insurance works. They don't make up the policies on the spot when you show up.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #59
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,684
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think the issue is basically this. You know how complicated this issue is. Probably as complicated as anything, and for various reasons. But, BIG BUT, everyone is involved in some way so everyone has an opinion. Most of the opinions are based on extremely limited experience in the system and a rather limited (nice way of saying it) understanding of the industry and economics in general. But they still have opinions and because they are based on "experience" and self-belief so they are ingrained opinions. On the other hand those who have payed attention and tried to "know" what they are talking about are mostly partisan hacks who believe one way because they lack the ability to adequately remove political bias from their opinions.

The ones who actually know how this bad boy works, or at least have a more in depth knowledge, are people like you, doctors and insurance companies. But no one wants to listen to you all because you all "created the mess".
I agree that the issue's complexity really muddies the waters when it comes to productive discussion.

But still, focusing on the heckler during the speech is flat out unproductive.

But in the end you're right. It takes a more global view than the typical "I pay $500 a month for crappy coverage and that shit ain't right" viewpoint. Of course your coverage is expensive, that's why congress is trying to do something!

The questions are what are they planning to do, why, what affect will it have, and how will it help. Without trying to get at those answers, not much thoughtful discussion can take place.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #60
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,684
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

So let's get to it:

What are they doing?: Trying to reduce malpractice costs.

Why?: Because doctors pay out the nose to keep themselves covered, all because juries keep awarding people multi-millions. That cost of malp insurance drives up the cost of doc appointments as docs pass the cost on.

How will they do it? Unknown at this point, no specifics are available, but ultimately the only way to substantively reduce this cost is to somehow reduce the amount of money awarded to victims of malpractice.

How will it help? Over time malpractice insurance premiums will drop for docs. They'll stop raising prices for their appointments.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34584 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25