Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #106
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Ding ding ding...

Almost...articles like this make me laugh at the Pubs
My Way News - Romney taunts Democrats with memories of Carter
They act like they aren't just as responsible for the over-spending.
Do you know about how bad things got under JC. Spending was not the issue it was inflation, loans for a home around 18% and higher, gas lines, no foriegn policy, etc....
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #107
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Do you know about how bad things got under JC. Spending was not the issue it was inflation, loans for a home around 18% and higher, gas lines, no foriegn policy, etc....
Stop. Read what I wrote. It has nothing to do with Jimmy Carter. For the love of god read. You can read right? You don't have some learning disability that inhibits you from reading something and properly comprehending what is being conveyed right?


edit: it occurs to me that you didn't actually read the article so you have no context for what I wrote. In which case you are a dumbass. The article, like ym post, has nothing to do with JC other than referencing that crap got bad when he was Pres. Again...please make an attempt at knowing WTF you are talking about before you post.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #108
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Stop. Read what I wrote. It has nothing to do with Jimmy Carter. For the love of god read. You can read right? You don't have some learning disability that inhibits you from reading something and properly comprehending what is being conveyed right?


edit: it occurs to me that you didn't actually read the article so you have no context for what I wrote. In which case you are a dumbass. The article, like ym post, has nothing to do with JC other than referencing that crap got bad when he was Pres. Again...please make an attempt at knowing WTF you are talking about before you post.
Yea, I can read and go F yourself.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #109
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yea, I can read and go F yourself.
If you can read then please do explain your response. It lacks sense.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #110
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
If you can read then please do explain your response. It lacks sense.
I was working and only read some of the article and your right my response missed your point. Why couldn't you just have asked if a read the entire article instead of the long rant calling me a dumb ass? That would have been alot easier and my reply would have been alot better.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:56 AM   #111
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Why is it that some people think that a lack of alternative ideas necessarily disqualifies someone from being allowed to disagree? Aren't those two notions mutually exclusive? I mean I can tell you it's a bad idea to use plexiglas for the windshield of the space shuttle but I don't have a clue what they really use. I know you may not be getting at the whole "don't talk unless you have solutions" argument but you're wandering down that road with that question and I have definitely seen that argument around here more than once.
Well given that health care costs are expected to balloon to as high as 25 percent of total GDP in the next 15 years, creating a massive competitive disadvantage for American companies vis a vis other industrialized nations, I think said some people are starting with the premise that the current system is economically unsustainable. This is of course a completely different argument than the moral question of guaranteeing insurance. Anyway, if you accept as true the idea that significant measures to control costs are needed, it is reasonable to demand more than criticism right? That doesn't mean you can't challenge any of the current plans without a detailed alternative I suppose, but leaving things as they are doesn't seem like a serious choice.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #112
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,480
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

I think everyone wants to see a "detailed plan", I think it is fair to ask of both sides. Sadly, politicians, and political discourse in general, is now much more of The Other Plan Wont Work, so Use Ours. and then you proceed to point out all the errors in the other plan. Why? because getting a lot of people to agree that a specific idea is a bad idea is easier, than getting a lot of people to agree that specific idea is the right, or best, idea.
Interestingly enough, the opposite is kind of true for platform speeches: it is easier to write a general all inclusive platform that everyone can agree on, than it is to write a platform that contains a real plan that can then be attacked.

Yes I know this an obvious post.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #113
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Well given that health care costs are expected to balloon to as high as 25 percent of total GDP in the next 15 years, creating a massive competitive disadvantage for American companies vis a vis other industrialized nations, I think said some people are starting with the premise that the current system is economically unsustainable. This is of course a completely different argument than the moral question of guaranteeing insurance. Anyway, if you accept as true the idea that significant measures to control costs are needed, it is reasonable to demand more than criticism right? That doesn't mean you can't challenge any of the current plans without a detailed alternative I suppose, but leaving things as they are doesn't seem like a serious choice.
Not sure if you saw the last Presidents address but if you remember that when he mentioned that the rep. have not helped several help up their plans they have proposed but ignored. From what I have read the dems have also rejected all or most of any of the rep. amendments to the proposed bills. Where did you get the number that health care could hit 25% of total GDP in 15 years?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:27 AM   #114
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure if you saw the last Presidents address but if you remember that when he mentioned that the rep. have not helped several help up their plans they have proposed but ignored. From what I have read the dems have also rejected all or most of any of the rep. amendments to the proposed bills. Where did you get the number that health care could hit 25% of total GDP in 15 years?
The Long-Term Outlook for Health Care Spending

Did you try google? It's a widely reported figure.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #115
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
The Long-Term Outlook for Health Care Spending

Did you try google? It's a widely reported figure.
So that report also shows that federal spending on Medicare and Medicaid will also jump just like private ins. So if the goverment cannot control spending on Medicare and Medicaid why would we now assume that they are going to be able to control cost in the future? Why not use the current Medicare and Medicaid program as a test program and reform them and lest see what kind of results they can achieve? If they can then show the ability to control cost with good regulation whiel providing good coverage then I'm sure more Americans would/might be willing to listen to what they are proposing instead of them trying to crame some thrown together plan on us. I have also read that Medicare and Medicaid have 50 to 75 billion in waist and fraud now, so once again why not fix that today? Everyday they wait is just more tax money going to waist and fraud and that spending would pay for itself by just the money saved and then some.

Well today they are voting on amendments to one of the bills and the dems still do not want the public to see the bill. A rep. had an amendment stating that before any votes on the bill it must be post on the internet 72 hours in advance. The amendment was rejected along party lines. Go figure.

Last edited by firstdown; 09-23-2009 at 12:39 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #116
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,232
Re: The Health Care Reform Address Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Well given that health care costs are expected to balloon to as high as 25 percent of total GDP in the next 15 years, creating a massive competitive disadvantage for American companies vis a vis other industrialized nations, I think said some people are starting with the premise that the current system is economically unsustainable. This is of course a completely different argument than the moral question of guaranteeing insurance. Anyway, if you accept as true the idea that significant measures to control costs are needed, it is reasonable to demand more than criticism right? That doesn't mean you can't challenge any of the current plans without a detailed alternative I suppose, but leaving things as they are doesn't seem like a serious choice.
dude you totally sound like will farrell when he answers the debate question in old school! nicely done sir.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32946 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25