Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F...Kanye West

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #31
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY. Kanye is definitely a big racist. Guaranteed he doesn't get up there if it's not a white country music singer is accepting that award. Just another on his long list of attention starved douchebaggery. What a jerk.
I don't care if she was white or a country singer...but she's only 18. He was picking on someone who wasn't going to fight back Can you imagine him doing that to Toby Keith or someone like that? KW wouldn't get the mic out of his hand.
Shameful.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #32
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I don't care if she was white or a country singer...but she's only 18. He was picking on someone who wasn't going to fight back Can you imagine him doing that to Toby Keith or someone like that? KW wouldn't get the mic out of his hand.
Shameful.
Yeah, her age plays a part too. He drunkenly intimidates a female teenager so he can get the spotlight. An all around A-hole.

It would be funny to see him try to do that to Toby Keith.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #33
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: F...Kanye West

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him a racist. Last year he bitched about Britney's VMA performance. And that had nothing to do with her being white. Although he said he can't headline "because he's a black man".

Definitely the type of guy brought up to use race when he can't find any other way to defend his views.

Racist... A bit of a stretch.

He just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Nobody would've said anything if he took to his blog after the show or said that in a post-show interview. But of course he made himself look like an angry, belligerent black man because he interrupted a white woman in the middle of her shining moment. (A well deserved one at that)

And by the way, I absolutely think it was disgusting how he did that to her. Thank God Beyonce had enough class to give Taylor a chance to take her hard earned moment.

Kanye is a pure attention hound. No such thing as bad publicity in his mind, because unfortunately, I assume, a good amount of the black population will back him up no matter what. I'll always like the guy for his music, but the respect I have for him as a person is just about gone.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #34
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: F...Kanye West

Is it sad I watched that and was thinking "Come on, someone please ask him if he likes fish sticks."
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #35
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him a racist. Last year he bitched about Britney's VMA performance. And that had nothing to do with her being white. Although he said he can't headline "because he's a black man".

Definitely the type of guy brought up to use race when he can't find any other way to defend his views.

Racist... A bit of a stretch.

He just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Nobody would've said anything if he took to his blog after the show or said that in a post-show interview. But of course he made himself look like an angry, belligerent black man because he interrupted a white woman in the middle of her shining moment. (A well deserved one at that)

And by the way, I absolutely think it was disgusting how he did that to her. Thank God Beyonce had enough class to give Taylor a chance to take her hard earned moment.

Kanye is a pure attention hound. No such thing as bad publicity in his mind, because unfortunately, I assume, a good amount of the black population will back him up no matter what. I'll always like the guy for his music, but the respect I have for him as a person is just about gone.
Not sure if it's a stretch D-Rave. Put the shoe on the other foot. If a white musician said Obama doesn't like white people, and then pulled last night's stunt with Rhianna, I wonder how many African Americans would be screaming racism? My guess is hundreds of thousands or more. Chances are Jackson and Sharpton would already be on the case.

For the most part I like his music (and I think his dumb ass antics seriously diminish how talented he really is), but he and Common both have lyrics saying how they don't approve of black women dating white men and vice versa. Can't remember the exact song/verse, but it's something along the lines of making them sick.

I hate to bring race into anything, but I can't help it on this one. Ask yourself this, do you really in your heart believe if it was Rhianna up there getting that award that Kanye would have pulled that stunt? I really really doubt it.

I only use Rhianna b/c she is a young African American music star with fame/popularity similar to that of a Taylor Swift.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #36
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Not sure if it's a stretch D-Rave. Put the shoe on the other foot. If a white musician said Obama doesn't like white people, and then pulled last night's stunt with Rhianna, I wonder how many African Americans would be screaming racism? My guess is hundreds of thousands or more. Chances are Jackson and Sharpton would already be on the case.

For the most part I like his music (and I think his dumb ass antics seriously diminish how talented he really is), but he and Common both have lyrics saying how they don't approve of black women dating white men and vice versa. Can't remember the exact song/verse, but it's something along the lines of making them sick.

I hate to bring race into anything, but I can't help it on this one. Ask yourself this, do you really in your heart believe if it was Rhianna up there getting that award that Kanye would have pulled that stunt? I really really doubt it.

I only use Rhianna b/c she is a young African American music star with fame/popularity similar to that of a Taylor Swift.
I dunno. I'm only 22, I've grown up around white people my entire life so it's hard for me to see things from a race point. (I'm one of those people that get hounded by inner city black people for "talking white") Like I have an old school black family and I start getting really weird uncomfortable feelings when I hear them say, "People don't like Obama because he's black" because I know that's not true in most cases. And at the same time those feelings tend to rub off on me and I don't wanna end up being small minded like that. So it's a really hard thing for me personally to juggle.

But I think you could have a valid point. You could be totally right and I've just got my shades on and I don't see it.

Personally I wish Kanye would just keep his mouth shut and put out records. You don't see Jay-Z doing that shit, and he's sleeping with Beyonce. So.. Yeah. I understand where you're coming from.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #37
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
You don't see Jay-Z doing that shit, and he's sleeping with Beyonce. So.. Yeah. I understand where you're coming from.
Well Jay-Z isn't some dope and his lady is first class in my book. And our President gets major points from me for calling KW a "jackass". Not only was it the perfect name it is also cool that our president just said what he thought without it being politically parsed into the perfect say nothing comment that every other politician would say. Kudos to smart people.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #38
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Not sure if it's a stretch D-Rave. Put the shoe on the other foot. If a white musician said Obama doesn't like white people, and then pulled last night's stunt with Rhianna, I wonder how many African Americans would be screaming racism? My guess is hundreds of thousands or more. Chances are Jackson and Sharpton would already be on the case.

For the most part I like his music (and I think his dumb ass antics seriously diminish how talented he really is), but he and Common both have lyrics saying how they don't approve of black women dating white men and vice versa. Can't remember the exact song/verse, but it's something along the lines of making them sick.

I hate to bring race into anything, but I can't help it on this one. Ask yourself this, do you really in your heart believe if it was Rhianna up there getting that award that Kanye would have pulled that stunt? I really really doubt it.

I only use Rhianna b/c she is a young African American music star with fame/popularity similar to that of a Taylor Swift.
Not to nitpick, but Rihanna's not African American.

I think it's fair to assume race was a factor in this - at least as much as the fact that Beyonce is his friend, and records in a genre he presumably respects more than Nashville pop or whatever you would call Ms. Swift - but full-blown racist might be too strong to a term for a guy who has multiple songs featuring white artists.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #39
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: F...Kanye West

Not a fan of Taylor Swift at all but that is seriously F**KED up of him. What made it worse is that if he would have just waited a while. Beyonce did win best video. So yeah what an asswipe
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #40
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: F...Kanye West

I think Randy Moss and TO have more class than he does.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #41
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I don't care if she was white or a country singer...but she's only 18. He was picking on someone who wasn't going to fight back Can you imagine him doing that to Toby Keith or someone like that? KW wouldn't get the mic out of his hand.
Shameful.

not to nitpick but she is 19 now
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #42
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
not to nitpick but she is 19 now
I always enjoy the "not to nitpick" line. It always precedes actual pointless nitpicking.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #43
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,485
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Not to nitpick, but Rihanna's not African American.

I think it's fair to assume race was a factor in this - at least as much as the fact that Beyonce is his friend, and records in a genre he presumably respects more than Nashville pop or whatever you would call Ms. Swift - but full-blown racist might be too strong to a term for a guy who has multiple songs featuring white artists.
When does factoring in race become racist and is it a different standard for whites v. blacks? If so, isn't that racist?

BTW - Finally saw the video. West is an ass. Beyonce has class.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #44
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: F...Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Not sure if it's a stretch D-Rave. Put the shoe on the other foot. If a white musician said Obama doesn't like white people, and then pulled last night's stunt with Rhianna, I wonder how many African Americans would be screaming racism? My guess is hundreds of thousands or more. Chances are Jackson and Sharpton would already be on the case.

For the most part I like his music (and I think his dumb ass antics seriously diminish how talented he really is), but he and Common both have lyrics saying how they don't approve of black women dating white men and vice versa. Can't remember the exact song/verse, but it's something along the lines of making them sick.

I hate to bring race into anything, but I can't help it on this one. Ask yourself this, do you really in your heart believe if it was Rhianna up there getting that award that Kanye would have pulled that stunt? I really really doubt it.

I only use Rhianna b/c she is a young African American music star with fame/popularity similar to that of a Taylor Swift.
You know I can't help it but I'm gonna go with Rep. Joe Wilson is racist. Don't know if he would have done that to a white president. He was one of only 7 republicans who championed the confederate flag in SC so it must be true.

Stop being silly, Kanye West is a dick and has always been a dick. He has issues it's that plain and simple.

Rhianna and Beyonce (married to Jay-Z) are under the Rockafella label so no he wouldn't gone after them.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,598
Re: F...Kanye West



Nothing feels sincere from him, because it's not the first time he's done this. (still like his music though). Leno talks to him like he's 5 when he's asking him about whether his mom would have been disappointed in him.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31976 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25