Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Yankees vs Red Sox ALCS

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 04:04 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock-skins
The Dallas Cowboys of baseball? Sorry but the boys don't have 26 titles.
He means that he hates the Yankees in the same way he hates the Cowboys. I'm right there with him. Dallas is my #1 hatred, but NYY are a close second.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2004, 04:56 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
That's cool. Bring on the haters! I consider it respect for my team!
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:29 PM   #18
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
By the way, I was wondering if any of my fellow Yankee fans are members over at this great Yankee Fan site?

P.S. You have to use you ISP-based email address to get in. No Yahoo or Hotmail accounts allowed.

http://www.nyyfans.com/
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:46 AM   #19
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
Don't hate the player, hate the game....Yankees have done nothing wrong
except ruin the game...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM   #20
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
except ruin the game...
The Yankees have done nothing to ruin the game. They haven't broken any rules. It's not their fault that MLB doesn't have a salary cap.

STOP HATING!


WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!! GO YANKEES!!!
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #21
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
The yankees have done such zealous overspending that there's a total of one club that's even remotely competitive, no, that's not hurting baseball when no one gives a crap cause they know the yankees will just win anyways...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #22
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
The yankees have done such zealous overspending that there's a total of one club that's even remotely competitive, no, that's not hurting baseball when no one gives a crap cause they know the yankees will just win anyways...
Don't our beloved Redskins do a lot of overspending also? If we were winning like the Yankees then everyone would hate us too. Thats the difference.

Yes the Yankees have done a lot of overspending, but hey they haven't won the World Series since 2000. Every club spends.......it just depends on the owner. Steinbrenner spends more than any other owner, but look at the Red Sox they have the 2nd highest payroll no one says anything about that. The Orioles went out and spent alot this year also.

The difference is is that the Yankees win. That's all.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #23
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
If we were the Yankee's ( and dont get me wrong I root for the Yankee's and dont think they ruined the game ) , but if we were the Yanks, Manning would be our QB, Owens and Holt would be our WR's, Arrington, Lewis and Urlacher would be our LBs... and so on and so on.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:41 PM   #24
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711
If we were the Yankee's ( and dont get me wrong I root for the Yankee's and dont think they ruined the game ) , but if we were the Yanks, Manning would be our QB, Owens and Holt would be our WR's, Arrington, Lewis and Urlacher would be our LBs... and so on and so on.
I hear ya Gman, but what I meant was the Yankees have highest payroll like the Skins.......
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #25
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
The Yankees are an easy target. But as has been said here already they haven't played outside the rules and other teams spend as well. It's not their fault if other teams don't spend wisely and it's not their fault if other teams don't spend enough. Take the Royals for example, you figure they make around $20 million from revenue sharing. Plus roughly $25 million in national tv, radio money. They draw around 1.6 million fans to their stadium. Let's say that brings in another $50 million or so. Well now the Royals have $100 million dollars in revenue. Yet their major league payroll is only $46 million. Where's the rest of that money going then? It can pretty much go anywhere the owner wants it to go-stadium renovations, advertising, the team's minor league system.

In theory, because of revenue sharing and the luxury tax the more money teams like the Yankees spend the more money funnels down to teams like KC who complain they don't have enough money to compete (which isn't true). If there is no rule in place to enforce that this money is spent on the major league roster that's not the Yankees fault.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:35 PM   #26
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
The Yankees are an easy target. But as has been said here already they haven't played outside the rules and other teams spend as well. It's not their fault if other teams don't spend wisely and it's not their fault if other teams don't spend enough. Take the Royals for example, you figure they make around $20 million from revenue sharing. Plus roughly $25 million in national tv, radio money. They draw around 1.6 million fans to their stadium. Let's say that brings in another $50 million or so. Well now the Royals have $100 million dollars in revenue. Yet their major league payroll is only $46 million. Where's the rest of that money going then? It can pretty much go anywhere the owner wants it to go-stadium renovations, advertising, the team's minor league system.

In theory, because of revenue sharing and the luxury tax the more money teams like the Yankees spend the more money funnels down to teams like KC who complain they don't have enough money to compete (which isn't true). If there is no rule in place to enforce that this money is spent on the major league roster that's not the Yankees fault.

The owner of the Royals is also one of the wealthiest of the owners also. Nice post.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #27
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
What a game....Yanks up 2-0. No one expected this to happen. Lieber out-pitched Pedro.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:59 AM   #28
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock-skins
By the way, I was wondering if any of my fellow Yankee fans are members over at this great Yankee Fan site?

P.S. You have to use you ISP-based email address to get in. No Yahoo or Hotmail accounts allowed.

http://www.nyyfans.com/

Everytime I try to join the website won't let me. But I'll keep on trying. Once I get on, I'll let you know.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:59 AM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Lieber was Pedro's "daddy" tonight. Meanwhile the Cardinals exploded for a 6 run inning to win Game 1 of the NLCS 10-7.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:03 AM   #30
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
Lieber was Pedro's "daddy" tonight. Meanwhile the Cardinals exploded for a 6 run inning to win Game 1 of the NLCS 10-7.

Yeah I kept on switching during commercials. It looks like besides Clemens, and Oswalt the Astros don't have much pitching.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27368 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25