Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #16
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,575
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

My thought was not politically based in the least bit. Does it always have to be a Bush/Obama thing with some people?

But if you want to make it a Bush thing, let's be honest a big part of the reason we're in this situation is due to his administration.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #17
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,630
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
COWBOY? LOL...think that's the first time I have ever been called that.

I understand you weren't making a direct connection to Bush / Obama, but if Bush was miraculously in office (obviously couldn't happen) then how would you respond to this?
This isn't a political thread, it's an economic one. As was Matty's response.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #18
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This isn't a political thread, it's an economic one. As was Matty's response.
I agree but the damn liberals keep screwing it up
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #19
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
My thought was not politically based in the least bit. Does it always have to be a Bush/Obama thing with some people?

But if you want to make it a Bush thing, let's be honest a big part of the reason we're in this situation is due to his administration.
Sorry, Obama will always have ties to Bush, just like Clinton had to Bush...and you were pretty darn harsh on Bush, but awfully leinant on Obama...so yes, when you complained harshly about Bush's economic state, and his then "high unemployment rate", why would anyone think not to compare. If you were silent on that subject in the past, there would be no comparison now. You can't just say whatever you want and not be called on it when the guy you voted in is doing next to nothing. (which is no surprise given his lack of experience) The fact that you defend such a horrible unemployment rate and kind of pass it off, well we both know that would not be happening if this was even McCain.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This isn't a political thread, it's an economic one. As was Matty's response.
How is it not? It's an unemployment rate, and it's directly related to Obama. That's like saying a Jason Campbell issue is not a football thread.

Again, I see what Matty was trying to say, but we all don't all of sudden forget the plethera of attacks on Bush by Matty. Do you guys think you get a pass on any attacks on Obama and what you said about the previous administration just goes away? I am still astounded at the fact that even you attacked Bush about his national debt, yet Obama over quadruples it and you are miraculously silent??? You don't find that odd?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,575
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This isn't a political thread, it's an economic one. As was Matty's response.
There's no difference to some people.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Sorry, Obama will always have ties to Bush, just like Clinton had to Bush...and you were pretty darn harsh on Bush, but awfully leinant on Obama...so yes, when you complained harshly about Bush's economic state, and his then "high unemployment rate", why would anyone think not to compare. If you were silent on that subject in the past, there would be no comparison now. You can't just say whatever you want and not be called on it when the guy you voted in is doing next to nothing. (which is no surprise given his lack of experience) The fact that you defend such a horrible unemployment rate and kind of pass it off, well we both know that would not be happening if this was even McCain.
I need to correct myself...he's not doing next to nothing, he's digging America in an even BIGGER hole, and making horrible decisions over and over. He's a joke of a president and well on his way to the worst we have seen in recent memory. At this pace, he will go down as the worst ever unless he suddenly grows some advisors and turns this around.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,575
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
How is it not? It's an unemployment rate, and it's directly related to Obama. That's like saying a Jason Campbell issue is not a football thread.

Again, I see what Matty was trying to say, but we all don't all of sudden forget the plethera of attacks on Bush by Matty. Do you guys think you get a pass on any attacks on Obama and what you said about the previous administration just goes away? I am still astounded at the fact that even you attacked Bush about his national debt, yet Obama over quadruples it and you are miraculously silent??? You don't find that odd?
You don't even want to talk about the issue, you just want to point fingers.

Just never mind, seriously.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
There's no difference to some people.
HAHAHA...then what would you catagorize it as?

Unemployment rate IS POLITICAL people. WOW...to even suggest otherwise is well, blind.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #25
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You don't even want to talk about the issue, you just want to point fingers.

Just never mind, seriously.
Check and mate.

Thank you sir...of course you can't defend the issue, there is no defense. So you will continue to blindly support who you voted for, and the ones that see Obama for who he is will continue to notice.

I guess the unemployment rate will just continue to spike, and you will continue to care less as to why.

Maybe you should continue to stay in the football sections, at least there you have valid arguments behind your comments. Been enjoying most of your comments there even though some oppose my views, but I like that you at least defend what you believe. But again, how do you defend the undefendable?

I will cease to comment on here, cause I'd rather the warpath know about his horrible unemployment rate, then the thread be closed because it is calling Obama out.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #26
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,575
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Great job ruining the thread.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #27
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,575
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
HAHAHA...then what would you catagorize it as?

Unemployment rate IS POLITICAL people. WOW...to even suggest otherwise is well, blind.
Economics and politics are not one in the same. Ever take an economics course?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #28
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,473
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

How is Bush " mostly " responsible for the " mess " we are in ? Clinton Admin. pass the Subprime / CRA's and eliminated the Glass Steagal Act . The Clinton admin . ran our banks and Financial Intstitutions as well as Fannie Mae Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com) ...Robert Rubinís Days Are Numbered | Hennessy's View ....http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2008...braines18.html ...Countrywide's Many 'Friends' - News Markets - Portfolio.com. Bush , Republicans could have done better on spending , but lets not ignore the fact that our banks , Fannie -Freddie , Senate and House Finance Commities were run by Frank-Dodd . See video of Fannie Mae CEO D. Mudd w/ Obama on YouTube . Much of the blame goes to Washington , on both sides of the isle , but the Dems need to stop this garabage of " giving " things away as if people are entitled to what they will not work for and earn .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #29
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,473
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So at what point do we declare that the stimulas bill didn't work or do we just keep waiting until things to turn around to declare its was a sucess?
Do you think an 89,000 car , not built in the USA will help " stimulate " our economy ? Looks like it will help Mr. Al Gore Gore-Backed Car Firm Gets Large U.S. Loan [Finland that will sell for about $89,000....]
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #30
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,630
Re: September unemployment is 9.8 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
HAHAHA...then what would you catagorize it as?

Unemployment rate IS POLITICAL people. WOW...to even suggest otherwise is well, blind.
For someone who supposedly has an MBA, you have a really poor understanding of economics. The President of the US and the public policy he sets has very little impact on the unemployment rate.

Since you're a fan of analogies, Obama trying to stem the surge in unemployment is akin to building a dyke out of bricks to keep out a 90-foot tsunami.

The stimulus at most could swing unemployment by half a %, and that's IF it's fully successful. But to blame the 9.8% on Obama or the stimulus is ludicrous and reeks of failure to understand economics.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29378 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25