Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,990
Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

McCrystal basically says get off your ass's or we'll have another Vietnam.
White House angry at General Stanley McChrystal speech on Afghanistan - Telegraph
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

We'll have? I think we have pass the point of "have" long ago and are in the midst of Vietnam minus the body count. Good luck "winning" this quagmire.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

I agree with the general's assessment of the situation in Afghanistan, I support a "surge," and I think the Administration should determine the new war plans, but the general should not run his mouth in public. He should report his recommendations in private and shouldn't spend his time talking to think tanks, analysts, and politicos.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I agree with the general's assessment of the situation in Afghanistan, I support a "surge," and I think the Administration should determine the new war plans, but the general should not run his mouth in public. He should report his recommendations in private and shouldn't spend his time talking to think tanks, analysts, and politicos.

When All-Universe Gen. MacArthur publicly disagreed and lamented President Truman's policies he was dismissed. If McChrystal opens his mouth again he should be fired promptly.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,990
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

We either need to do more, or less as the same will tend to deliver the same results. AND since I don't think the....world can afford to deliver Afganistan "officially" to
Al-Qaeda, it proably shoud be more.
AND, I respect his opinion, and I am confident he is correct. He should have his ass handed to him for talking shit to the media. I realize he is frustrated with the status Quo....but the President can....hardly afford that sort of weakness
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
When All-Universe Gen. MacArthur publicly disagreed and lamented President Truman's policies he was dismissed. If McChrystal opens his mouth again he should be fired promptly.
On the other hand, if Obama doesn't give McChrytsal what he needs, McChrystal should resign. He can't in good conscience carry out a policy he believes to be inadequate. Maybe Rahm Emmanuel should commission a poll on that scenario.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
On the other hand, if Obama doesn't give McChrytsal what he needs, McChrystal should resign. He can't in good conscience carry out a policy he believes to be inadequate. Maybe Rahm Emmanuel should commission a poll on that scenario.
This war is bigger than McChrystal. There are other advisors and generals besides him and their input is just as valuable. He can disagree with president's policy and quit. Honestly though I'm not entirly convinced he isn't replaceable just like his predecessor and Petraeus in Iraq. I would guess it's probably best for McChrystal's career to put as much distance between himself and Afghanistan as soon as possible.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Did anyone see the 60 minutes special on McChrystal? Pretty good piece about the man. Seems hardworking and genuine. Doesn't mince words.

General McChrystal - 60 Minutes - CBS News
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I agree with the general's assessment of the situation in Afghanistan, I support a "surge," and I think the Administration should determine the new war plans, but the general should not run his mouth in public. He should report his recommendations in private and shouldn't spend his time talking to think tanks, analysts, and politicos.
Well I said that over and over again about things in Iraq that alot of what is said in public should have been discussed in private.

Last edited by firstdown; 10-08-2009 at 10:54 AM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
This war is bigger than McChrystal. There are other advisors and generals besides him and their input is just as valuable. He can disagree with president's policy and quit. Honestly though I'm not entirly convinced he isn't replaceable just like his predecessor and Petraeus in Iraq. I would guess it's probably best for McChrystal's career to put as much distance between himself and Afghanistan as soon as possible.
Well was it not Obama who said he was going to fight the real war in Afg. and now when he has his man saying we need more troops he drags his feet. I'm also sure McChrystal makes his decisions based off what his advisors and generals tell him is needed. If I was McChrystal I'd be pissed if my leader had me fighting a war and said the goal is not to win the war. What? Maybe that explains why the death toll is at an all time high.Obama's Afghanistan Strategy: U.S. Deaths Hit A Record High In Afghanistan - Atlas Shrugs
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well was it not Obama who said he was going to fight the real war in Afg. and now when he has his man saying we need more troops he drags his feet. I'm also sure McChrystal makes his decisions based off what his advisors and generals tell him is needed. If I was McChrystal I'd be pissed if my leader had me fighting a war and said the goal is not to win the war. What? Maybe that explains why the death toll is at an all time high.Obama's Afghanistan Strategy: U.S. Deaths Hit A Record High In Afghanistan - Atlas Shrugs
He has already sent more troops and the death toll rose so if he sends more troops will the death toll fall or rise? All that the death toll indicates is that there more direct engagement with the enemy.

Of course McChrystal is going to ask for more troops becuase there's really not that many troops in there to "win" much of anything. And if he is given more troops he will eventually ask for more down the road. Obama is in a pickle of his own doing. He should either send in a very large force 250K+ or call it quits.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
He has already sent more troops and the death toll rose so if he sends more troops will the death toll fall or rise? All that the death toll indicates is that there more direct engagement with the enemy.

Of course McChrystal is going to ask for more troops becuase there's really not that many troops in there to "win" much of anything. And if he is given more troops he will eventually ask for more down the road. Obama is in a pickle of his own doing. He should either send in a very large force 250K+ or call it quits.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that when he was talking about sending more troops in Feb. 2009 his comander asked for 30,000 and he only sent 12,000. Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase - CNN.com
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Yeah McChrystal should resign if he the president does not provide what HE feels is the right amount of troops.

Both opinions are valid, the point is he shouldn't go out there like that and air it publicly. That is just bad for our nation, troops, etc.

That's like Portis bitching about playing calling instead of voicing his opinion to Zorn. In the this case there is actually much more at stake and he should never just complain to the media.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
When All-Universe Gen. MacArthur publicly disagreed and lamented President Truman's policies he was dismissed. If McChrystal opens his mouth again he should be fired promptly.
I think you're wanting to fire the wrong person.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #15
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Gen. McChrystal calls out the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I think you're wanting to fire the wrong person.
If only I had the power to fire people...there are a lot of folks I'd like to stick to a Delta IV rocket and send off to space. You would be a first first-class passenger on the maiden voyage.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28297 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25