Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What Shows Are You Watching?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #136
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
.Why are people talking to the camera?
That bothers me too. Shows and concepts have just gotten a bit ridiculous. Another good example of a show that I don't really enjoy that people seem to love is It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, just a bit too over the top.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #137
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
+1. I stopped watching 30 Rock last season. Modern Family is smart, funny and well-paced. The dad cracks me up every time.
I need to check that out.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #138
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
maybe its an acquired taste or something. generally, its the show i look forward to most on thursday nights (due to the office and 30 rock being pretty weak of late).
I think the office has been so weak lately because they have cut the episodes to half an hour. Earlier season's had more hour long episodes allowing for the show to actually have a plot.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #139
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Were there actual funny scenes or was it just as awkward?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #140
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Were there actual funny scenes or was it just as awkward?
I think the last two episodes have been pretty funny. The couple episodes before were about the company that bought out dunder mifflin and they were kind of depressing.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #141
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I think the last two episodes have been pretty funny. The couple episodes before were about the company that bought out dunder mifflin and they were kind of depressing.
Okay the one that I watched the other day (I don't know if it was an older one or what) the younger couple were leaving and the chick thought that she was getting proposed to when the guy kneeled down to tie his shoe. That was the only thing that was even amusing to me.

Are they all like that? I've watched a couple of other episodes (one shortly after it came out) and another recent one (though it may have been older replays on TBS or something) and didn't like it at all. The other recent one (I think it was another episode) they detained the pizza delivery boy because he wouldn't honor the coupon on all of the pizzas or something.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #142
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Okay the one that I watched the other day (I don't know if it was an older one or what) the younger couple were leaving and the chick thought that she was getting proposed to when the guy kneeled down to tie his shoe. That was the only thing that was even amusing to me.

Are they all like that? I've watched a couple of other episodes (one shortly after it came out) and another recent one (though it may have been older replays on TBS or something) and didn't like it at all. The other recent one (I think it was another episode) they detained the pizza delivery boy because he wouldn't honor the coupon on all of the pizzas or something.
Yeah the episode you are talking about was from 2 seasons ago. I think it's one of those shows where you have to watch it from the beginning so you can follow along with the plot.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #143
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Yeah the episode you are talking about was from 2 seasons ago. I think it's one of those shows where you have to watch it from the beginning so you can follow along with the plot.
Ahh got ya.. who knows. Pretty much the only shows I watch are cooking, sports, and Two And A Half Men.. love that show
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #144
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,766
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

My two new show's this year are Modern Family and Spartacus. Modern Family is a perfect cast that seems to play off each other so seamlessly and Spartacus is essentially 300 mixed with Gladiator on a semi cheesy level, but is still addictive as hell. I haven't had the time to go through the over 130 posts in this thread, but is anybody else a huge Big Bang Theory fan? I just got into it a few months ago, but Sheldon is one of the funniest characters on tv IMO in years.

Also I've gotten hooked on Mythbusters. That would be such an awesome job because they do some absolutely crazy crap on there.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #145
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Commedy Ranked:

1.- How I met your mother... Barney RULEEES have to see it from season 1 but it's the best series in a long time.this series is Legen.... waith for it... dary
2.- Modern Familly.. New Series but maaan great charecters and great writing
3.- Bing bang Theory... Bazzinga nuf said.
4.- The Office even I have to agree this hasn't been the best season still a clasic.
5.- Community as some said started slow and hated that Chevy Chase was in it but found it's voice and man cracks me up every week... Abed and Sr. Chang are the show.
6.- Parks & recreation quickly gaining grown on the Office I think that because one is fresh the writers have more to work with.

Dramas

1.- Dexter... best series out there even named my dog after it.
2.- Spartacus... it's new but man gladiators,blood fights good story and tons of boobs what's not to like.
3.- Breaking bad... great story with malcoms dad in it about a father with cancer that start making meth.
4.-House... love the sarcastic take and subplots.
5.-FlashFoward very similar to Lost without the island started very good had a slump i nthe middle but got me hooked again since it came back.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #146
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,116
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
My two new show's this year are Modern Family and Spartacus. Modern Family is a perfect cast that seems to play off each other so seamlessly and Spartacus is essentially 300 mixed with Gladiator on a semi cheesy level, but is still addictive as hell. I haven't had the time to go through the over 130 posts in this thread, but is anybody else a huge Big Bang Theory fan? I just got into it a few months ago, but Sheldon is one of the funniest characters on tv IMO in years.

Also I've gotten hooked on Mythbusters. That would be such an awesome job because they do some absolutely crazy crap on there.
When I watch Big Bang Theory I generally like it, but I don't make it a point to watch it regularly
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #147
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
I'm sick and tired of carrying all the weight, the coaches and owners not giving me the shit I need to win. Atlanta, you're f*cking out. Kenny Powers is now a free agent. Let's buy the bar and get shitfaced. Get me paid, bitch!
Eastbound & Down
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #148
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,766
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
When I watch Big Bang Theory I generally like it, but I don't make it a point to watch it regularly
I'm a pretty hard core geek/nerd so I think thats why I've gotten hooked on it.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #149
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Eastbound & Down
i can't wait for the new season that show was awesome, i'm goin to sha-booms!!
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #150
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
My two new show's this year are Modern Family and Spartacus. Modern Family is a perfect cast that seems to play off each other so seamlessly and Spartacus is essentially 300 mixed with Gladiator on a semi cheesy level, but is still addictive as hell. I haven't had the time to go through the over 130 posts in this thread, but is anybody else a huge Big Bang Theory fan? I just got into it a few months ago, but Sheldon is one of the funniest characters on tv IMO in years.

Also I've gotten hooked on Mythbusters. That would be such an awesome job because they do some absolutely crazy crap on there.
yes.. I actually came in here to mention big bang theory
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32818 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25