Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What Shows Are You Watching?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #286
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,763
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

I don't know if anyone else was watching shark week and saw the ad for the Discovery channels new show "Speed of Life" starting tomorrow night, but it looks pretty amazing.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #287
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
I didn't really get a great chance to work through it. I wanted to be caught up, so I watched season 1-4 in about a 2 month period. I liked them all, but I would say that season 3 was a little slow.
I watched all 4 seasons in about two weeks. We have to repair laptops all summer long so I just played one episode after the other. CAn't for the new season.

Has anyone had a chance to watch Pillars of the Earth on Starz? I recommend it if you're into watching cool stuff that kicks ass.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #288
Camp Scrub
 
gafinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 60
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Might be a good idea to start a new thread.


Cosgrove I got to think is out, Sal will show up when they need an art director, some how Paul will get in the mix as well.

Unless, here is my thought Cosgrove, Paul and company become the competition and they build episodes where the two firms are fighting for the same business. I could definitely see that happening.

I think Sally pulled a wild card on the producers over the past 8 months, she had a major growth spurt and is no longer a chubby little girl.

Did anyone catch Rubicon? Looked good but I was to beat to watch it.
Yes I did, have been waiting for this show since I first watched the teaser opening show in July. I really like those type as the plot really makes it fun to watch. I think you will like it if you watch it.

Another show I enjoyed was "Justified" on FX will enjoy seeing if the second season is as good.
gafinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #289
Special Teams
 
Dlyne8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The ATL
Posts: 470
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm almost done with season 1 of Friday Night Lights, it's probably my favorite show right now
One of our favorites as well. I assume that the episode last Friday night (8-6-10) was their season finale? With the story lines going the way they did, would be the perfect ending to a great season (a short one though it seemed.

I asked someone here not long ago for some info. regarding the history of this series and fail to recall if I got a response. But, wasn't this show on a couple of years ago? If so, are the characters the same as before? What caused coach Taylor to leave the other "Dillon" school? Any update on this show would be greatly appreciated as it is a captivating watch. Just wish they had a little more football and a tad less drama.
__________________
Charmed your drug addled candor knows no bounds
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #290
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,047
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
One of our favorites as well. I assume that the episode last Friday night (8-6-10) was their season finale? With the story lines going the way they did, would be the perfect ending to a great season (a short one though it seemed.

I asked someone here not long ago for some info. regarding the history of this series and fail to recall if I got a response. But, wasn't this show on a couple of years ago? If so, are the characters the same as before? What caused coach Taylor to leave the other "Dillon" school? Any update on this show would be greatly appreciated as it is a captivating watch. Just wish they had a little more football and a tad less drama.
That was the season finale. Season 5 just wrapped shooting and will be the last season.

This show was on for two years on NBC as original content. Despite the fact that it is probably the best drama on TV (acting wise) it has never gotten great ratings. Before the third season NBC signed a deal with DirectTV to basically bankroll the show and DirectTV gets first run rights. Seasons 3 and 4 ran in the fall on DirectTV then in the spring on NBC. Season 5 will do the same.

As for what happened with Coach Taylor I think you should simply catch season 3 on DVD and find out. Season 3 is a good season. Season 4 was better.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #291
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,847
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Just started watching Border Wars. That show is sick, I have my own views on illigal immigration but man oh man these people are really going through alot to get here. National Geographic is a pretty good channel to have as a fall back. Switched between the Border Wars Marathon and the Man vs Food Marathon for about 3 hours.
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #292
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,198
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
That was the season finale. Season 5 just wrapped shooting and will be the last season.

This show was on for two years on NBC as original content. Despite the fact that it is probably the best drama on TV (acting wise) it has never gotten great ratings. Before the third season NBC signed a deal with DirectTV to basically bankroll the show and DirectTV gets first run rights. Seasons 3 and 4 ran in the fall on DirectTV then in the spring on NBC. Season 5 will do the same.

As for what happened with Coach Taylor I think you should simply catch season 3 on DVD and find out. Season 3 is a good season. Season 4 was better.
Just finished season 3. The next season is even better eh? Looking forward to it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #293
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,047
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Yeah..other than the second season the other seasons are all fantastic.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #294
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,109
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Did anyone see No Ordinary Family?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #295
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,942
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did anyone see No Ordinary Family?

No is it good?

I was meaning to bump this thread for The Event, I thought it was pretty good.


I can't wait for this!

The Walking Dead AMC Series - Official Site - AMC
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #296
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,109
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
No is it good?

I was meaning to bump this thread for The Event, I thought it was pretty good.


I can't wait for this!

The Walking Dead AMC Series - Official Site - AMC
Thought it was ok, nothing spectacular. But it's got Michael Chiklis and he's one of my favorites so I'll check it out for the time being.

Not sure I plan on watching The Event. Not too interested in committing to another Lost type show

Want to check out Blue Bloods, wanted to see LoneStar since it got such good reviews but it's already been cancelled
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #297
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,029
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did anyone see No Ordinary Family?
I watched it. I thought it was okay. For a TV show the special effects were pretty good and so far the cast seems pretty decent. Could be interesting for a season or two.

I'm also really enjoying Boardwalk Empire. It reminds me of Deadwood in terms of scope and range of characters. I like how they've sort of reversed roles in that Steve Buscemi is great as a likable bad guy whereas the federal agent Van Alden (can't think of the actor's name) is so creepy and intimidating.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #298
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,313
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I watched it. I thought it was okay. For a TV show the special effects were pretty good and so far the cast seems pretty decent. Could be interesting for a season or two.

I'm also really enjoying Boardwalk Empire. It reminds me of Deadwood in terms of scope and range of characters. I like how they've sort of reversed roles in that Steve Buscemi is great as a likable bad guy whereas the federal agent Van Alden (can't think of the actor's name) is so creepy and intimidating.
Boardwalk Empire is pretty tight...also started watching the second season of Eastbound and Down, funniest show on TV, first season was a classic
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #299
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,616
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Boardwalk Empire on HBO.
Not as great as Deadwood was but still a good show.

For comedy/incompetency I like to watch Whale Wars.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #300
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

The first couple shows of the Event aren't bad, but I just get the feeling that it's going to take years of my life to figure out what the hells going on. I'm not ready to make that commitment.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32415 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25