Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What Shows Are You Watching?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #766
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,258
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

i've been watching skull boys on vh3 lately. it's getting kind of old in season 2
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #767
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 2,886
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Anyone watching House of Lies on Showtime with Don Cheadle and Kristin Bell? A little over the top, but pretty entertaining.
Just caught up... Excellent show.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #768
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Really? I am starting to hate that show. There are more zombies in a episode of Gloden Girls then TWD.
Well, considering it was just picked up for a 3rd season, they're doing some side stories and character development. Can't really have sustained success if every episode is nothing but a zombie shooting gallery.

I thought that last scene in the bar in town was riveting. Rick is a bad ass.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #769
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,019
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, considering it was just picked up for a 3rd season, they're doing some side stories and character development. Can't really have sustained success if every episode is nothing but a zombie shooting gallery.

I thought that last scene in the bar in town was riveting. Rick is a bad ass.

Most people agree with me on this the story building has been going on long enough, it is no way as riveting as the first season.

They need to get off the farm and go to the federal prison. There be a lot more story lines.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #770
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 27
Posts: 12,203
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Catching up on The Bing Bang Theory. I need to apologize to Dirtbag for saying this show sucks.
I've been watching that too. That show is hilarious. I feel like Sheldon can be overly dry sometimes though.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #771
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,692
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, considering it was just picked up for a 3rd season, they're doing some side stories and character development. Can't really have sustained success if every episode is nothing but a zombie shooting gallery.

I thought that last scene in the bar in town was riveting. Rick is a bad ass.
YES. I was whining about last season and how there wasn't enough action. Now THIS is what I'm talking about. That being said, I'm still ready for them to move on from the farm.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #772
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Most people agree with me on this the story building has been going on long enough, it is no way as riveting as the first season.

They need to get off the farm and go to the federal prison. There be a lot more story lines.
If people want the show to be around for a while, I think you have to accept it as a drama just as much as an action show. It's not a military story or a 24-type television show. It's just average folks dealing with post-apocalyptic stuff. If it was the group constantly running from/shooting walkers every single episode, it would get played out pretty quickly. That said, I agree that there's some room for more action at this point.

I also agree that they need to put the farm behind them and move on. If I had to guess, the farm will end up getting overrun by walkers, and they'll all be forced to move on, Herschel included.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #773
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,462
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

I agree, if it was just a zombie slasher fest, yawn, people would have tuned out already, including myself
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #774
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,019
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I agree, if it was just a zombie slasher fest, yawn, people would have tuned out already, including myself

Really read the graphic novels, plenty of zombie killing with a great story line.

And I also agree it can't be all slash but come on it has been very very slow this season.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #775
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Really read the graphic novels, plenty of zombie killing with a great story line.

And I also agree it can't be all slash but come on it has been very very slow this season.
See I never read any of the books, so I have no point of reference for comparison. I only know it as a TV show, and a good one at that, IMO.

In my experience, TV shows/movies based on books rarely live up. I learned that at a young age with Jurrasic Park.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #776
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,019
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
See I never read any of the books, so I have no point of reference for comparison. I only know it as a TV show, and a good one at that, IMO.

In my experience, TV shows/movies based on books rarely live up. I learned that at a young age with Jurrasic Park.

I think it is a great show to I am just saying right now it seems to be in neutral. Though last nights ending was good. It just has the potential to be fawking awesome if they follow the book (BTW they are comic books).
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #777
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,462
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Rick is officially a badass now
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #778
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,692
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If people want the show to be around for a while, I think you have to accept it as a drama just as much as an action show. It's not a military story or a 24-type television show. It's just average folks dealing with post-apocalyptic stuff. If it was the group constantly running from/shooting walkers every single episode, it would get played out pretty quickly. That said, I agree that there's some room for more action at this point.

I also agree that they need to put the farm behind them and move on. If I had to guess, the farm will end up getting overrun by walkers, and they'll all be forced to move on, Herschel included.
That last episode I thought was a perfect mix. I think if it stays like that, and goes a little more action or a little more drama the rest of the season, I'm totally down.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #779
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,019
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

The story line would pick up if they get off that damn farm. In the comic books they were barley there.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #780
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 32
Posts: 2,726
re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Am i the only one that still watches survivor?
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26545 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25