Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What Shows Are You Watching?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #1111
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,464
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Started the Homeland series this week. Not bad, Claire Danes is an amazing actress.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #1112
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Started the Homeland series this week. Not bad, Claire Danes is an amazing actress.

Great show. Look on youtube for the SNL skit on homeland. It is hysterical.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #1113
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,766
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
All hail King Ragnar. What did you guys think of season 2 of Vikings? I read that in season 3 they're going to be raiding Paris, that should definitely not suck.
Season two was amazing and totally didn't see the finale going down that way. I've done my best not to look into the historical stuff involving the characters so I can be surprised and thus far haven't been disappointed. Also I've seen some jacked up shit through my years of watching various shows, but I swear I have never seen nor heard of anything like the "Blood Eagle." And here I was thinking being drawn and quartered would be the worst death/torture from medieval times.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #1114
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,464
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Should I be watching orange is the new black? People at work said not bad
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #1115
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,543
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I agree they are all hooked together but how are they fake , these guys really do that stuff .
I believe most of it is staged.Before they came to be linked all together I saw different characters from 1 show appearing on another pretending they didnt know each other when they did.I'm sure a lot of them know their stuff,but its impossible to know all the shit they do.I'm sure they know what the customer is bringing in and learn everything about it before going on the air.
American Pickers is FAKE! - The West Coast Truth
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #1116
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I believe most of it is staged.Before they came to be linked all together I saw different characters from 1 show appearing on another pretending they didnt know each other when they did.I'm sure a lot of them know their stuff,but its impossible to know all the shit they do.I'm sure they know what the customer is bringing in and learn everything about it before going on the air.

American Pickers is FAKE! - The West Coast Truth

Ofcourse it is pre-scripted. Same as pawn stars. Do you know how much time and money would be wasted if they just filmed all day and than edited together the good parts.
However it is real in the way that somebody is walking in with an Elvis autograph at some point, or the pickers do find an antique harley in some barn. So it is still cool to watch, but yes they definitely script all the jokes, and finds or deals out.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #1117
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,496
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

I went on a fishing trip down in OBX, and apparently they were filming a, "wicked tuna south". Was talking to some of the fishermen out there- and they were telling me the whole thing is very scripted.

Some scenes they hooked fishing lines to cinder blocks and dropped em off to simulate a fish on the line. Pretty weak.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #1118
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,543
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Ofcourse it is pre-scripted. Same as pawn stars. Do you know how much time and money would be wasted if they just filmed all day and than edited together the good parts.
However it is real in the way that somebody is walking in with an Elvis autograph at some point, or the pickers do find an antique harley in some barn. So it is still cool to watch, but yes they definitely script all the jokes, and finds or deals out.
Yeah but they make it seem like its not! You have to apply to be on the show and tell them what you have,they are not actually freestyling around the country like they want you to believe.I havent seen it lately,but in the first seasons the camera angle would be inside the peoples house watching them pull up and everybody acts like theyre surprised to see them!
As far as your first point,I understand that,but I dont believe they drive around at all looking for stuff,its all staged.
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #1119
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yeah but they make it seem like its not! You have to apply to be on the show and tell them what you have,they are not actually freestyling around the country like they want you to believe.I havent seen it lately,but in the first seasons the camera angle would be inside the peoples house watching them pull up and everybody acts like theyre surprised to see them!
As far as your first point,I understand that,but I dont believe they drive around at all looking for stuff,its all staged.
They did have an Ad in the locale paper but just ask for locale collectors to call .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #1120
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 2,884
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Rectify is back with its second season. Incredible show.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #1121
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,464
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Did anybody catch Black Jesus the other night? Not bad
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #1122
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Just amazing stuff .............



Shark Week 2014 : Discovery Channel
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #1123
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

LOL....


Shark Week: #SnuffyLives : Discovery Channel
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #1124
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,918
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

drunk history is pretty good. some skits are funny as hell, others kinda miss the mark.

they have good comedy actors come in and play the depiction - people like charlie day, patton, knokville etc

the baltimore one was kinda disappointing.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #1125
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,598
Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
drunk history is pretty good. some skits are funny as hell, others kinda miss the mark.

they have good comedy actors come in and play the depiction - people like charlie day, patton, knokville etc

the baltimore one was kinda disappointing.
Good show but I can't wait to see stoned history some day.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25012 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25