Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Drunk Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #361
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
ya think?

I'm drinking Glenlivet on the rocks right now and watching NFL network. Worked 12 hours today, the fiancee is sleeping. Man time.
Man if only I could convert my roomie to scotch. I'm a big fan of a few of the Aberlours as well as many others. We don't feed it to the animals but whenever it's around they run towards it. Watching the combine info? I was watching that earlier but I'm a sucker for the female free skate.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #362
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Man if only I could convert my roomie to scotch. I'm a big fan of a few of the Aberlours as well as many others. We don't feed it to the animals but whenever it's around they run towards it. Watching the combine info? I was watching that earlier but I'm a sucker for the female free skate.
I'm a combine junkie. It's pretty pathetic, especially considering how overrated I think the combine is. I guess being such a workout junkie, I just love seeing these guys go after it. And as bad as Mike Mayock's lisp is, I think he's a damn good analyst.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:23 AM   #363
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'm a combine junkie. It's pretty pathetic, especially considering how overrated I think the combine is. I guess being such a workout junkie, I just love seeing these guys go after it. And as bad as Mike Mayock's lisp is, I think he's a damn good analyst.
Same way.. I'm usually a workout junky but the past couple of years has dealt me a very humble slice of humility. I bounce back and strong very solidly though

anyways..... very ready for certain things especially trade rumors, etc

I can only buy so much into combine numbers/players

I mean run around cones fines... run around cb's.. we're talking something diff
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #364
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,190
Re: Drunk Thread

and i bid you good night
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #365
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

I've had a bottle of a really good Syrah tonight. Delicious. Between last night and tonight, definitely my last night with booze for a few days.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #366
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

heh.. 2 days on for me as well, first time in awhile

what was the Syrah?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #367
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
heh.. 2 days on for me as well, first time in awhile

what was the Syrah?
Arrowood syrah, 2004. Great stuff. I definitely have a bit of a red wine headache this morning.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #368
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

nice, I'll keep an eye out next time I'm looking for something nice.. I'm a Syrah fan.. need my reds to be a bit more bold than say a Merlot
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #369
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

totally lied about not drinking tonight

roomie's fault
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #370
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
totally lied about not drinking tonight

roomie's fault
Me too. I have the whole day off tomorrow. I plan on sleeping in, so eff it. I'm not tying one on, but I am enjoying a little Macallan 12 yr right now.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #371
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Me too. I have the whole day off tomorrow. I plan on sleeping in, so eff it. I'm not tying one on, but I am enjoying a little Macallan 12 yr right now.
nice nice, can tell you love your scotches

we did a lil mixed drinky drink.. def not getting wild

tomorrow we're likely going to clean out his garage, which is a total shitstorm
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #372
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
nice nice, can tell you love your scotches

we did a lil mixed drinky drink.. def not getting wild

tomorrow we're likely going to clean out his garage, which is a total shitstorm
I do. I don't drink nearly as much as I did during the college years (and the few years after), but when I do, I like good stuff. I'd rather drink quality in moderation than shit in excess.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #373
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I do. I don't drink nearly as much as I did during the college years (and the few years after), but when I do, I like good stuff. I'd rather drink quality in moderation than shit in excess.
I'm the same way for the most part, though I still have that little guy on my other shoulder that even when I'm having something nice says "MORE MORE MORE" or whatever. When I actually did management for VA ABC I stayed stocked up and just had a couple of drinks here and there. There's really not much that I haven't tried; big scotch fan myself. Sounds like you've been doing the Speyside thing, speaking of, have you tried one.. kind of newer called "The Speyside" (totally original name right?). VA had the minis of those on introduction at $1 a piece for like a year.. now the 750 is nearly 40 and the mini is 2.25.. nice easy sipping scotch. I am definitely a fan of the Islays like lagavulin, ardbeg, etc though. Much like red wine I want the adventure and the kick.

I'm actually very curious in how you got into your job/career. I followed your education, etc in the help each other thread, but if there's anything more that you can share about that as far as relevant experience, etc that'd be great. A PM would be fine if you don't want to post it here.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #374
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'm the same way for the most part, though I still have that little guy on my other shoulder that even when I'm having something nice says "MORE MORE MORE" or whatever. When I actually did management for VA ABC I stayed stocked up and just had a couple of drinks here and there. There's really not much that I haven't tried; big scotch fan myself. Sounds like you've been doing the Speyside thing, speaking of, have you tried one.. kind of newer called "The Speyside" (totally original name right?). VA had the minis of those on introduction at $1 a piece for like a year.. now the 750 is nearly 40 and the mini is 2.25.. nice easy sipping scotch. I am definitely a fan of the Islays like lagavulin, ardbeg, etc though. Much like red wine I want the adventure and the kick.

I'm actually very curious in how you got into your job/career. I followed your education, etc in the help each other thread, but if there's anything more that you can share about that as far as relevant experience, etc that'd be great. A PM would be fine if you don't want to post it here.
I'm a fan of a lot of single malts. I like lowlands the best. I love the peaty flavors. If you like Islays, then you'd love Laphroaig. One of my favorites. Highlands are nice too, but tend to be sweeter.

As far as my career, I'll send you a PM sometime tomorrow.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #375
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'm a fan of a lot of single malts. I like lowlands the best. I love the peaty flavors. If you like Islays, then you'd love Laphroaig. One of my favorites. Highlands are nice too, but tend to be sweeter.

As far as my career, I'll send you a PM sometime tomorrow.
I do like laphroaig no doubt; I haven't had many lowlands but aren't those and the highlands typically lower on the peat? I know that the peat is a lot of what I love about the islays

I think that glenkinchie is the only lowland that I can recall having, so my recollection of both that as well as some regional notes could have me thinking in the wrong direction

thanks a lot in advance for the PM, I have many passions and it's hard to narrow it down to what I want to focus on, but this is one that's stuck with me for quite awhile
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 1.94009 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25