Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Drunk Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 06:15 AM   #631
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: Drunk Thread

I need a word and I didn't want tostart a new thread. i have used this word before but it escapes me right now. If I were to think that one's actions were for personal gain or that everything he does is either for the worst or his own benefit...what would that make me?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #632
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Drunk Thread

cynical?
skeptical?
realistic?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #633
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
cynical?
skeptical?
realistic?
Cynical...thank you.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #634
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,584
Re: Drunk Thread

Thought this article was apropos for this thread

Heavy Drinkers Outlive Nondrinkers, Study Finds - TIME
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #635
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: Drunk Thread

so me and the lady have been at ocean city the past few days. right now is hotel week so pirces are discounted and while there is still a good bit of people most of the crazy drunk kids have gone off to school.

anyways, we are bar hoping with a couple were friends with. there from philly and our buddy used to live and bartend here for 7 years.

so were bouncing around from bar to bar. go to this steelers bar called buxy's. its about 2, they are closing up so i order a jack n coke to chug before we leave. the 2 bartenders giggle to each other. then one say to the other in between his giggles "what'd he order a carson palmer"

i thought it was funny. i should have just gotten a straight jack and not mixed it with coke but after drinking 30 beers over 10 hours and gettin a sun burn i guess i was alil pussified.

i never have gotten flax for ordering a jack n coke but i can see were the guys call it a carson palmer b/c its kind of weak sauce.

the other day i started talking to this cowboy fan. ends up his grandfather got a call from roger staubach 6 years ago. his grandfather was roger's CO in the military. said he calls every year, hes been to dinner at rogers house. pretty cool.

and one last damn thing. they have these shirts that say "bleed blue" or "bleed gold" football shirts.

for the skins? bleed maroon. WTF!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #636
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
so me and the lady have been at ocean city the past few days. right now is hotel week so pirces are discounted and while there is still a good bit of people most of the crazy drunk kids have gone off to school.

anyways, we are bar hoping with a couple were friends with. there from philly and our buddy used to live and bartend here for 7 years.

so were bouncing around from bar to bar. go to this steelers bar called buxy's. its about 2, they are closing up so i order a jack n coke to chug before we leave. the 2 bartenders giggle to each other. then one say to the other in between his giggles "what'd he order a carson palmer"

i thought it was funny. i should have just gotten a straight jack and not mixed it with coke but after drinking 30 beers over 10 hours and gettin a sun burn i guess i was alil pussified.

i never have gotten flax for ordering a jack n coke but i can see were the guys call it a carson palmer b/c its kind of weak sauce.

the other day i started talking to this cowboy fan. ends up his grandfather got a call from roger staubach 6 years ago. his grandfather was roger's CO in the military. said he calls every year, hes been to dinner at rogers house. pretty cool.

and one last damn thing. they have these shirts that say "bleed blue" or "bleed gold" football shirts.

for the skins? bleed maroon. WTF!

Probably because we actually do bleed Red so they need a varation but why not Burgundy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #637
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: Drunk Thread

Yeah, Buxy's is a straight up Steelers bar. My buddy is a DJ down there and the owner of Buxy's gives him shit for being a Rams fan. I guess the next time you go you'll have to ask what a Joe Flacco is. Peach Schnapps?

Heading down to Smith Mountain Lake this weekend for a wedding. Supposedly the bride texted my wife today and said she left BJ's Warehouse Club with many many cases of beer and wine. I guess I'll be drinking nicely this weekend.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #638
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thought this article was apropos for this thread

Heavy Drinkers Outlive Nondrinkers, Study Finds - TIME
Wow. Best news I've heard all day! TMC and I are gonna live forever!
Bottoms up!
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #639
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

I'm doing something for my health right NOW
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #640
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Yeah, Buxy's is a straight up Steelers bar. My buddy is a DJ down there and the owner of Buxy's gives him shit for being a Rams fan. I guess the next time you go you'll have to ask what a Joe Flacco is. Peach Schnapps?

Heading down to Smith Mountain Lake this weekend for a wedding. Supposedly the bride texted my wife today and said she left BJ's Warehouse Club with many many cases of beer and wine. I guess I'll be drinking nicely thyadais weekend.
thats pretty sweet. my buddy who lived in oc and an eagles fan is a dj too, does some bars in balt yada yhis is our 3rd night in oc. he worked at kurbys (awesome wings n burgers) fangers (we got 2 drunk to do the monday night deck party yesterdat see post above) and some other joint. i dont think he worked buxys but knew everyone there etc

just fuuny as shit to cat h flax for a jack n coke, which strangely i understtood as a 13 yr old drink

right now pretty much hammered on our balcony on 31st st w the lady passed out. justgot back from a beer run soprobably sitttin here gettin drunker. life is sooo good
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #641
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
thats pretty sweet. my buddy who lived in oc and an eagles fan is a dj too, does some bars in balt yada yhis is our 3rd night in oc. he worked at kurbys (awesome wings n burgers) fangers (we got 2 drunk to do the monday night deck party yesterdat see post above) and some other joint. i dont think he worked buxys but knew everyone there etc

just fuuny as shit to cat h flax for a jack n coke, which strangely i understtood as a 13 yr old drink

right now pretty much hammered on our balcony on 31st st w the lady passed out. justgot back from a beer run soprobably sitttin here gettin drunker. life is sooo good
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:55 PM   #642
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: Drunk Thread

lol do u wanna konw whats a big fat putty cat. me swearing i dont need any lotion b/c i lived in diego for some mane years and now im freaking sun poinson burnt on my legs. my lady is loving the irony.

its like 90 degrees out here and im getting chills. man chills, but you know, the shit hurts.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #643
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

I know all about it

during the summer my arms stay looking like they were rubbed with cherry pie filling
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #644
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Drunk Thread

So I've got a drinking question: would losing 10 lbs make a big difference in your ability to metabolize booze?

I ask because Sat I drank the following: a big Vesper Martini (probably 5 shots total), three White Russians, a Contreau right after dinner and then a JW blue and a Hennessy (sp) later. I haven't been that drunk in a coon's age, but have definitely drank as much earlier in the year (before I lost some weight) w/o losing my ability to speak intelligibly...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #645
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Drunk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
So I've got a drinking question: would losing 10 lbs make a big difference in your ability to metabolize booze?

I ask because Sat I drank the following: a big Vesper Martini (probably 5 shots total), three White Russians, a Contreau right after dinner and then a JW blue and a Hennessy (sp) later. I haven't been that drunk in a coon's age, but have definitely drank as much earlier in the year (before I lost some weight) w/o losing my ability to speak intelligibly...
you prob drank less between those points?

lot of other variables
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.58006 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25