Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


attn: those rocking other team avatars

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #31
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Oh I'm sorry I thought this was thewarpath, I thought this was thewarpath

loll..
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,939
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah it is pretty lame. So if they started winning I'm guessing these people would switch back? Double lame.
Agreed. Although I think it is more pathetic than lame. Maybe lamethetic.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
I've always hated freedom of expression...
lol.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #34
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,582
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

It's also kinda bogus to call people out on here for this. I'm not part of the mutiny, but if someone want's to show their disappointment/frustration that way, fair enough. They are still fans, they are still posting and watching and wanting the skins to be great like the 80s.

I will wonder aloud, if Danny has someone who watches these forums, and i imagine he does, and they tell him that alot of "fan unrest is being aired" could the mutiny actually get his attention.
For the most part Danny has to assume those fans on here that are posting and talking skins throughout the year represent the "core fan base", or those who would never change. If, now these fans are, even in the smallest way turning off to the b&g colors that has to prompt some attention.

Maybe not, maybe he doesn't care at all, but of course, then the mutiny will change from avatars to the team. I hope he wakes up before that happens
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #35
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

You know I've been a Skins fan since 74 and will always remain a Skins fan. There may be people out there who feel they are a better fan then me based on the fact that they have season tickets...sorry I can't afford them, or because they purchase everything that's associated with the Skins...I'm simply not a fanatic, but just because I don't bleed Burgandy and Gold does not mean I don't feel the change in atmosphere vs. if the team wins or loses. It does not mean I am any lesser fan then any of the rest of you. Believe what you will, call me what you want, label me anything you wish, but I will not be bullied or harrassed into changing my avatar simply to accomodate a few that have personal issues in regards to my showing displeasure toward my teams owner.

No I have not donned another teams avatar because I could not bring myself to do that. but that does not mean I do not have another team that I also like. Just because I have more then one team I like does not make me a lesser fan. Especially since the Skins are my #1 team/home team. I even went so far as to pick the blue NFL logo because I thought the AFC used red. So I stuck with the NFC colors. I would hope that someone from the Skins organization is watching the boards and happily reporting back to Ole DS and VC. I want them to see my displeasure. Maybe changes will be made.

It's funny to hear all the cheerleaders of the team. Perhaps you all should be donning the shorty shorts and the sports bra also. I can see that people are so easily persuaded when supposedly confronted or called out on how much of a fan they are. Well guess what ...I'm not. You all are the biggest fans I know. Way better fans then me. You guys bleed Burgandy and Gold. I hope I've made you happy. But...don't think that by your little minds believing this I'm going to change my avatar. Not going to happen until DS changes his ways.

And...if you were a true fan and cared about this team as much as you say you do...you would stop taking your fandom out on other fans and take it out on the owner and challenge him to change his ways. Have a nice G.D. day.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:50 AM   #36
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
sickening

if you're going to desert us, go ahead and do it fully and become fans of that team alone

that being said, I now START the drinking
I hear ya man...I've had the exact same avatar for YEARS! Never changed it.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #37
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You know I've been a Skins fan since 74 and will always remain a Skins fan. There may be people out there who feel they are a better fan then me based on the fact that they have season tickets...sorry I can't afford them, or because they purchase everything that's associated with the Skins...I'm simply not a fanatic, but just because I don't bleed Burgandy and Gold does not mean I don't feel the change in atmosphere vs. if the team wins or loses. It does not mean I am any lesser fan then any of the rest of you. Believe what you will, call me what you want, label me anything you wish, but I will not be bullied or harrassed into changing my avatar simply to accomodate a few that have personal issues in regards to my showing displeasure toward my teams owner.

No I have not donned another teams avatar because I could not bring myself to do that. but that does not mean I do not have another team that I also like. Just because I have more then one team I like does not make me a lesser fan. Especially since the Skins are my #1 team/home team. I even went so far as to pick the blue NFL logo because I thought the AFC used red. So I stuck with the NFC colors. I would hope that someone from the Skins organization is watching the boards and happily reporting back to Ole DS and VC. I want them to see my displeasure. Maybe changes will be made.

It's funny to hear all the cheerleaders of the team. Perhaps you all should be donning the shorty shorts and the sports bra also. I can see that people are so easily persuaded when supposedly confronted or called out on how much of a fan they are. Well guess what ...I'm not. You all are the biggest fans I know. Way better fans then me. You guys bleed Burgandy and Gold. I hope I've made you happy. But...don't think that by your little minds believing this I'm going to change my avatar. Not going to happen until DS changes his ways.

And...if you were a true fan and cared about this team as much as you say you do...you would stop taking your fandom out on other fans and take it out on the owner and challenge him to change his ways. Have a nice G.D. day.
I am not "cheerleading" the Skins, I am saying dont change your avy to another teams. You didn't. Why? because you said you couldn't bring yourself to doing it. Why? Because you are a true skins fan man. That little feeling/voice that told you not to pick another teams avy, was your conscience telling you not to rock another teams color. Rocking the NFL avy isn't really as bad, IMO.

Plus nobody said you should change your avy back, do what you want. As I said, it is a free country.

Am I proud of the current organization? Hell no, and just because I have a SKins avy doesnt mean I have season tix. I went to one game this year(home opener) because of free tix, and that was early this season. I am not planning to go anymore ever or buy more products till Snyder makes a big change.

I think you are missing the whole point of what I was getting at. The Skins logo does not just represent the 09-10 Skins. There is a ton of legacy and history behind that logo which I am proud of. When I show that logo on a forum, that is what I am representing. We are not representing the 09-10 Skins with our logos on a website; the 09-10 Redskins are representing the 09-10 Redskins on the field.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #38
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

nice points hooskins. i feel the same way.i kinda understand if a person decides to change their avatar in protest of the front office but to me the redskins emblem represents the redskins as a whole from day 1 till right now. if you wanna rock the skins colors when they're winning,you also gotta rock their colors when they're losing, thats how i feel.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #39
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,297
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's also kinda bogus to call people out on here for this. I'm not part of the mutiny, but if someone want's to show their disappointment/frustration that way, fair enough. They are still fans, they are still posting and watching and wanting the skins to be great like the 80s.

I will wonder aloud, if Danny has someone who watches these forums, and i imagine he does, and they tell him that alot of "fan unrest is being aired" could the mutiny actually get his attention.
For the most part Danny has to assume those fans on here that are posting and talking skins throughout the year represent the "core fan base", or those who would never change. If, now these fans are, even in the smallest way turning off to the b&g colors that has to prompt some attention.

Maybe not, maybe he doesn't care at all, but of course, then the mutiny will change from avatars to the team. I hope he wakes up before that happens
That's ridiculous. Dan Snyder watches one thing to monitor fans' committment to the team: the money they spend on them. An "avatar mutiny" on a fan website would actually make a difference to Dan Snyder? What planet do you live on?

Look you're either a fan or you're not. If you feel pissed off and saddened by what's going on, then it's clear you still care about the Redskins. But if you're starting to say hey you know what, I might enjoy watching the Saints play because they're fun to watch, that's headed down a bad road.

Besides, Dan Snyder wants to win football games. He sucks at it, but he wants to win. I don't think any boycotts, whether financial or avatar (pfft) will make a difference to him. We hear a lot of stuff about Zorn's status, but for all we know Snyder could be ready to drop the axe on both him and Vinny.

If this changing the avatars thing is meant as some sort of protest against Dan Snyder, then maybe I'm off-base in questioning someone's committment to the team. But I definitely don't think I'm off base in thinking they're idiots (honestly, who in their right mind thinks that's going to make a bit of difference???).
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

I can do whatever I want as long as the mods say I'm within the rules of the board. If you don't like my Steeler's, NFL, or Reed Doughty Avatars, well too bad.
As for fair weather fan, say what you want. I've been waiting for over ten years for good weather. We've had a few breaks in the storm every once in awhile, but for the most part its been a steady stream, if not a total downpour. When you're in the rain for that long it's impossible not to get sick.
Perhaps some of you think that I want the Skins to lose. Nothing can be farther from the truth. I want the Skins to win every effing game by big margins, but I'll take a win.
This is the only way I can show my anger towards the ownership of this team, besides not buying merchandise. Snyder is lucky to have people like us who still give a shit. I know of a lot of people who went to the Steelers and the Ravens. Most of the people I know, who wouldn't switch, don't even bother to watch anymore.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #41
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That's ridiculous. Dan Snyder watches one thing to monitor fans' committment to the team: the money they spend on them. An "avatar mutiny" on a fan website would actually make a difference to Dan Snyder? What planet do you live on?

Look you're either a fan or you're not. If you feel pissed off and saddened by what's going on, then it's clear you still care about the Redskins. But if you're starting to say hey you know what, I might enjoy watching the Saints play because they're fun to watch, that's headed down a bad road.

Besides, Dan Snyder wants to win football games. He sucks at it, but he wants to win. I don't think any boycotts, whether financial or avatar (pfft) will make a difference to him. We hear a lot of stuff about Zorn's status, but for all we know Snyder could be ready to drop the axe on both him and Vinny.

If this changing the avatars thing is meant as some sort of protest against Dan Snyder, then maybe I'm off-base in questioning someone's committment to the team. But I definitely don't think I'm off base in thinking they're idiots (honestly, who in their right mind thinks that's going to make a bit of difference???).
You dont think if merchandise sales go down and games start getting blacked out, Snyder might change his behavior? I think we he feels the impact in those ways, he would. Do fans actually have the composure and communication to carry out such an act? I don't think so.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #42
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Trample....get over it. We are fair weather fans. We don't have as much spirit as those who choose to "Rock the Colors or Avatars."

and now we are not idiot enough to think that even if we could bribe you all to change your avatar, that it would show up on DS's radar and he would feel compelled to fire everyone and bring in all new staff including a GM and step back and enjoy the show. I mean it's a nice thought but not going to happen. but it does allow some of us fair weather fans to feel like we are voicing our opinions or feelings perhaps even bonding with you most spirited folk. Unless you all would like to start a petition or have us all write a letter or e-mail to DS.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #43
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I can do whatever I want as long as the mods say I'm within the rules of the board. If you don't like my Steeler's, NFL, or Reed Doughty Avatars, well too bad.
As for fair weather fan, say what you want. I've been waiting for over ten years for good weather. We've had a few breaks in the storm every once in awhile, but for the most part its been a steady stream, if not a total downpour. When you're in the rain for that long it's impossible not to get sick.
Perhaps some of you think that I want the Skins to lose. Nothing can be farther from the truth. I want the Skins to win every effing game by big margins, but I'll take a win.
This is the only way I can show my anger towards the ownership of this team, besides not buying merchandise.
Snyder is lucky to have people like us who still give a shit. I know of a lot of people who went to the Steelers and the Ravens. Most of the people I know, who wouldn't switch, don't even bother to watch anymore.

So you feel the Redskins logo only represents this season and the current ownership.

It doesn't. By switching your logo you are lumping your displeasure this season with all the Skins have done in the past IMO.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #44
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Trample....get over it. We are fair weather fans. We don't have as much spirit as those who choose to "Rock the Colors or Avatars."

and now we are not idiot enough to think that even if we could bribe you all to change your avatar, that it would show up on DS's radar and he would feel compelled to fire everyone and bring in all new staff including a GM and step back and enjoy the show. I mean it's a nice thought but not going to happen. but it does allow some of us fair weather fans to feel like we are voicing our opinions or feelings perhaps even bonding with you most spirited folk. Unless you all would like to start a petition or have us all write a letter or e-mail to DS.
FAN EXODUS.COM
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #45
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,347
Re: attn: those rocking other team avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That's ridiculous. Dan Snyder watches one thing to monitor fans' committment to the team: the money they spend on them. An "avatar mutiny" on a fan website would actually make a difference to Dan Snyder? What planet do you live on?

Look you're either a fan or you're not. If you feel pissed off and saddened by what's going on, then it's clear you still care about the Redskins. But if you're starting to say hey you know what, I might enjoy watching the Saints play because they're fun to watch, that's headed down a bad road.

Besides, Dan Snyder wants to win football games. He sucks at it, but he wants to win. I don't think any boycotts, whether financial or avatar (pfft) will make a difference to him. We hear a lot of stuff about Zorn's status, but for all we know Snyder could be ready to drop the axe on both him and Vinny.

If this changing the avatars thing is meant as some sort of protest against Dan Snyder, then maybe I'm off-base in questioning someone's committment to the team. But I definitely don't think I'm off base in thinking they're idiots (honestly, who in their right mind thinks that's going to make a bit of difference???).
Yeah that's pretty laughable
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35002 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25