Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


I'm pretty effing mad

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #31
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

I really don't get mad anymore. Frustrated maybe, but I quickly let it slide once the game is over. Life is too short to stress about a football game that I have zero control over.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #32
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I really don't get mad anymore. Frustrated maybe, but I quickly let it slide once the game is over. Life is too short to stress about a football game that I have zero control over.

Fell the same way. Looking back at my behavior in my teenage years and early twenties it kind of embarrassing.

I totally ruined a thanksgiving one year when the skins lost to the Cowboys. We had guest over and I was screaming and crusing like a salior and the whole time everyone else is trying to have a nice holiday.

Now I know if it gets bad turn it off. Watching football is a hobby something to get away from it all for a few hours, but if that get away is pissing you off why bother it is my free time I want to be happy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #33
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,899
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

It really is just funny now. Can't even get angry anymore.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #34
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
It really is just funny now. Can't even get angry anymore.
I've been there for awhile now. People have been unhappy with my cynical attitude but what else is there?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #35
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,971
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

I'm mad because pretty soon I'm going to put up my Christmas tree, which I typically cover with nothing but Skins ornaments and top with an old Redskins troll doll. I don't know if I can stand to look at that for a month!
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #36
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I've been there for awhile now. People have been unhappy with my cynical attitude but what else is there?
I find cynicism refreshing.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I find cynicism refreshing.
It has its place. What about the rain? Do you like that too?

Are y'all taking a beating like we are?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Fell the same way. Looking back at my behavior in my teenage years and early twenties it kind of embarrassing.

I totally ruined a thanksgiving one year when the skins lost to the Cowboys. We had guest over and I was screaming and crusing like a salior and the whole time everyone else is trying to have a nice holiday.

Now I know if it gets bad turn it off. Watching football is a hobby something to get away from it all for a few hours, but if that get away is pissing you off why bother it is my free time I want to be happy.
Yeah I used to get myself all worked up after a loss, looking back now some of those moments were definitely embarrassing. I remember the season opener in '99 against Dallas, that big shoot-out where Aikman won it in OT with a bomb and I stormed out of the sports bar and ripped my jersey off and threw it on the ground in the parking lot. LOL totally ridiculous.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #39
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah I used to get myself all worked up after a loss, looking back now some of those moments were definitely embarrassing. I remember the season opener in '99 against Dallas, that big shoot-out where Aikman won it in OT with a bomb and I stormed out of the sports bar and ripped my jersey off and threw it on the ground in the parking lot. LOL totally ridiculous.
When I lived in Gainesville, I drove to Jacksonville to see the Skins play the Jaguars. It was the glorious Spurrier era, and Shane Effing Matthews was the starting QB. Of course, we lost the game. I was so pissed off that I burned my Redskins t-shirt in the parking lot afterwards, and rode home shirtless in my buddies car. Retarded.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,971
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah I used to get myself all worked up after a loss, looking back now some of those moments were definitely embarrassing. I remember the season opener in '99 against Dallas, that big shoot-out where Aikman won it in OT with a bomb and I stormed out of the sports bar and ripped my jersey off and threw it on the ground in the parking lot. LOL totally ridiculous.
That was the first regular season game I got to go to. Talk about a kick to the nuts.

Although I grew up a Redskins fan I didn't become a fanatic (for lack of a better word) until probably my junior year of college, which was when my friend got season tickets. For a couple of years there I couldn't watch a game in the same room as other people because of how pissed off I would get. These days I still get mad and a loss can still put me in a bad mood but it's not like it used to be.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

i got you both beat as far as being retarded. when we lost to tampa in 05 when we blocked their extra point and looked like we had the game won at 34-35, then they called us offside and gruden then went for 2 the win and alstott did not get in but the refs said he did and we lost the game 36-35, well i was so pissed and a little drunk that i slammed my hand on a pizza box on the coffee table and proceeded to fracture my hand, that was pretty bad especially since i had to explain why i coudn't work, pretty retarded.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i got you both beat as far as being retarded. when we lost to tampa in 05 when we blocked their extra point and looked like we had the game won at 34-35, then they called us offside and gruden then went for 2 the win and alstott did not get in but the refs said he did and we lost the game 36-35, well i was so pissed and a little drunk that i slammed my hand on a pizza box on the coffee table and proceeded to fracture my hand, that was pretty bad especially since i had to explain why i coudn't work, pretty retarded.
Well at least you had a good reason that TD was BS. At least we got them back in the playoffs.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
When I lived in Gainesville, I drove to Jacksonville to see the Skins play the Jaguars. It was the glorious Spurrier era, and Shane Effing Matthews was the starting QB. Of course, we lost the game. I was so pissed off that I burned my Redskins t-shirt in the parking lot afterwards, and rode home shirtless in my buddies car. Retarded.
ugh what a mess that game was, didn't Matthews throw like 50 times or something totally retarded? I remember Spurrier's rationale was like "Well I just thought it was a good night to pitch it around".
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
ugh what a mess that game was, didn't Matthews throw like 50 times or something totally retarded? I remember Spurrier's rationale was like "Well I just thought it was a good night to pitch it around".
the good ole ball coach at his best
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: I'm pretty effing mad

speakin of the ball coach remember this gem

YouTube - Funny lips
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28132 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25