Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


death sucks

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #31
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,398
Re: death sucks

Sorry about your loss . Very nice post's WP'ers . I lost two of My GP's when I was young , never really knew them , one to cancer at 84 yrs . My one grandmother is , I hope going to hit 105 this June . I did lose many friends to car/motorcycle accicents , including my best friend 3 weeks before 9-11-01 ... the worst year IMO .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I had to bury an uncle this week. (not me personally of course). It wasn't totally unexpected, but still it's devastating.
Have buried three more family members since I wrote this in January, and expecting one more unfortunately.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Have buried three more family members since I wrote this in January, and expecting one more unfortunately.
Oh my gosh man. What's going on? I'm hoping they all lived long lives and are dying at old ages. A total of 5 family members in less than 5 months is just too much.

Last Friday this guy Jimmy who was kind of a local legend amongst the bar/restaurant community here in the DC area (lifetime bartender, great at his job, super nice dude from what I hear) died a horrible death. I didn't know him personally, but a lot of our employees were friends with him. He was working at a bar downtown called Front Page. Towards the end of his shift he was walking down some stairs into a storage area to do some re-stocking, and he fell down the stairs and broke his neck. He was having a seizure when a co-worker found him, and eventually went into cardiac arrest. Just awful. I didn't know him, but I'm close with some people who were close with him, and they're all very upset. Such a horrible way to go.

Yeah. Death sucks.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #34
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Have buried three more family members since I wrote this in January, and expecting one more unfortunately.
What the shit man? Sorry to hear that. Not that any passing is good but I hope none were terribly unexpected. Luckily I've had a 2 year break from close passings.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #35
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Oh my gosh man. What's going on? I'm hoping they all lived long lives and are dying at old ages. A total of 5 family members in less than 5 months is just too much.

Last Friday this guy Jimmy who was kind of a local legend amongst the bar/restaurant community here in the DC area (lifetime bartender, great at his job, super nice dude from what I hear) died a horrible death. I didn't know him personally, but a lot of our employees were friends with him. He was working at a bar downtown called Front Page. Towards the end of his shift he was walking down some stairs into a storage area to do some re-stocking, and he fell down the stairs and broke his neck. He was having a seizure when a co-worker found him, and eventually went into cardiac arrest. Just awful. I didn't know him, but I'm close with some people who are close with him, and they're all very upset. Such a horrible way to go.

Yeah. Death sucks.
damn.. how old was he?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #36
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
damn.. how old was he?
42. Waaay too young. And what a way to go. My gosh. Just horrible.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
What the shit man? Sorry to hear that. Not that any passing is good but I hope none were terribly unexpected. Luckily I've had a 2 year break from close passings.
Thanks. Two had lived long fruitful lives and it was simply their time to go. Ironically though those were the unexpected ones. The two younger ones were the ones that we had been preparing for several months now for them to go. By young I mean middle aged, still
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #38
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thanks. Two had lived long fruitful lives and it was simply their time to go. Ironically though those were the unexpected ones. The two younger ones were the ones that we had been preparing for several months now for them to go. By young I mean middle aged, still
That's terrible SS. Sorry for your losses.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #39
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
42. Waaay too young. And what a way to go. My gosh. Just horrible.
Damn man.. that's wild.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #40
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thanks. Two had lived long fruitful lives and it was simply their time to go. Ironically though those were the unexpected ones. The two younger ones were the ones that we had been preparing for several months now for them to go. By young I mean middle aged, still
I guess better to go without some long drawn out issues with the older ones. It's never easy no matter when or why though. Middle aged is certainly no time to go, that's for sure. Hope you guys have good support around the friends and family, I've been through similar though I think it was more like a year.. not less than half of one.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #41
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,303
Re: death sucks

Far be it for me to sissy up this place, but this song actually helps me cope with loss. I'm probably going to lose my dog soon, which clearly isn't the same as losing a father, mother, sister, brother, or other loved one. But nevertheless.

Even if this particular song doesn't help, I hope you can find something (Bible, friends, etc.) to help you all cope.

Lala Song Player - I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie

If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks,
Then I'll follow you into the dark.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #42
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: death sucks

Death Cab For Cutie is sissy enough, didn't need to mention the coping part. But yeah, mostly whatever helps you get through the tougher times is good.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #43
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,303
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Death Cab For Cutie is sissy enough, didn't need to mention the coping part. But yeah, mostly whatever helps you get through the tougher times is good.
Hey listen, I'm one mushroom cloud layin mother fucker, mother fucker. But even I gotta flip on something to soothe the soul once in a while.

You're lucky I made it Death Cab instead of Jewel.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #44
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Hey listen, I'm one mushroom cloud layin mother fucker, mother fucker. But even I gotta flip on something to soothe the soul once in a while.

You're lucky I made it Death Cab instead of Jewel.
Which wallet is it? It's the one that says bad ass mother fucker on it.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #45
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Hey listen, I'm one mushroom cloud layin mother fucker, mother fucker. But even I gotta flip on something to soothe the soul once in a while.

You're lucky I made it Death Cab instead of Jewel.
Your hands are small I know
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29896 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25