Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


death sucks

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #76
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,989
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
An Insanity thread would be awesome. Or I should bump my old vent thread, where people could just bitch and be distasteful about whatever they wanted in one thread.
We have.....need
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #77
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,815
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
An Insanity thread would be awesome. Or I should bump my old vent thread, where people could just bitch and be distasteful about whatever they wanted in one thread.
I would agree with that.

You know Schneed, I have a lot of respect for you because you bring a lot of insight to these boards on certain topics, but some things are just in bad taste. Everybody and their mothers knows your opinion on Albert Haynesworth's bro, you don't need to keep repeating it.

And sorry about your loss SS33. At least she's in a better place now, and I'll be sure to bring my dad in here and read your post since everything else I've told him to try and make him quit smoking hasn't worked yet.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #78
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: death sucks

I don't give a rat's ass about bad taste. I'll speak my mind, and when I'm not allowed to express a valid opinion, yeah I get pissy and childish.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #79
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I don't give a rat's ass about bad taste. I'll speak my mind, and when I'm not allowed to express a valid opinion, yeah I get pissy and childish.

SS33 sorry for your MIL my prayers are with you and your family.


As far S10, I don't agree with you saying you are glad he died but I do agree that my heart is not all the heavy for him he could have easily taken someone else's life who was innocently going along.

What if and this is a really possibility if AH step brother had died but also took out a family four that include a mom a dad a 5 year old child and a new born something tells me folks would not be compassionate about his death.

To me these daredevil motorcyclist are just as bad as a drunk diver.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #80
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm a little bitter that the other thread got locked by another "mod". I expressed my opinion there, it offended his delicate sensibilities, so it got locked despite the irrefutable logic behind it.
The logic was the fact that you basically stated he was going 100 mph and thought the world was better off without him. I'm not going to go into it a lot, but that's a pretty shitty thing to say.

In a lot of cases you can say that premature deaths are caused by someone acting irresponsibly...

Maybe he was a model in his community? Maybe this was the first time he ever did that?

I'm two weeks away from year one of the death of my only brother. This type of stuff hits amazingly close to home. It's one of those things you can never understand until it happens to you. It's one of those things that you can keep to yourself if you feel that way. Someone died, and if the same situation happened to you, the last thing you'd want to hear is how better off the Earth is without your loved one in it.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #81
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: death sucks

This conversation really should be moved to the Rant Thread out of respect for the honor of the dead in here.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #82
Impact Rookie
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 994
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
The logic was the fact that you basically stated he was going 100 mph and thought the world was better off without him. I'm not going to go into it a lot, but that's a pretty shitty thing to say.

In a lot of cases you can say that premature deaths are caused by someone acting irresponsibly...

Maybe he was a model in his community? Maybe this was the first time he ever did that?

I'm two weeks away from year one of the death of my only brother. This type of stuff hits amazingly close to home. It's one of those things you can never understand until it happens to you. It's one of those things that you can keep to yourself if you feel that way. Someone died, and if the same situation happened to you, the last thing you'd want to hear is how better off the Earth is without your loved one in it.
I agree the best thing to do is keep comments like that to yourself.
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #83
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,989
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
The logic was the fact that you basically stated he was going 100 mph and thought the world was better off without him. I'm not going to go into it a lot, but that's a pretty shitty thing to say.

In a lot of cases you can say that premature deaths are caused by someone acting irresponsibly...

Maybe he was a model in his community? Maybe this was the first time he ever did that?

I'm two weeks away from year one of the death of my only brother. This type of stuff hits amazingly close to home. It's one of those things you can never understand until it happens to you. It's one of those things that you can keep to yourself if you feel that way. Someone died, and if the same situation happened to you, the last thing you'd want to hear is how better off the Earth is without your loved one in it.
Valid point TMC. Sorry about your Bro'. Do something good on the anniversary.

AND what AH's brother did was foolish and ended up being lethal. If we all had to pay for our foolishness with our lives.....there would be nobody left in the world.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #84
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
SS33 sorry for your MIL my prayers are with you and your family.


As far S10, I don't agree with you saying you are glad he died but I do agree that my heart is not all the heavy for him he could have easily taken someone else's life who was innocently going along.

What if and this is a really possibility if AH step brother had died but also took out a family four that include a mom a dad a 5 year old child and a new born something tells me folks would not be compassionate about his death.

To me these daredevil motorcyclist are just as bad as a drunk diver.
This is basically my point. I'm overstating it when I say the world is better off without AH's brother. He could have been an EMT or a teacher or a cop or somebody doing something positive.

But... driving 100mph in any vehicle through traffic is foolish, dangerous, irresponsible, and reckless. Society is better now that there's one less person driving like that. We're all lucky he didn't take anybody with him, and now he won't have another chance to do it again.

Don't take it personally because you lost a brother or whatever. I didn't say shit about anybody else but AH's brother. Don't silence me because of your own sensitivities.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #85
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,576
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This conversation really should be moved to the Rant Thread out of respect for the honor of the dead in here.
Let the person who shit on the thread clean up his own mess.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #86
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This is basically my point. I'm overstating it when I say the world is better off without AH's brother. He could have been an EMT or a teacher or a cop or somebody doing something positive.

But... driving 100mph in any vehicle through traffic is foolish, dangerous, irresponsible, and reckless. Society is better now that there's one less person driving like that. We're all lucky he didn't take anybody with him, and now he won't have another chance to do it again.

Don't take it personally because you lost a brother or whatever. I didn't say shit about anybody else but AH's brother. Don't silence me because of your own sensitivities.
whats up your ass man? why can't you just let it go? your being a douche bag and it's annoying as shit. do you know anything about this kid other than his name, his age, he rides motorcycles, and is hanyesworths brother?
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #87
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This is basically my point. I'm overstating it when I say the world is better off without AH's brother. He could have been an EMT or a teacher or a cop or somebody doing something positive.

But... driving 100mph in any vehicle through traffic is foolish, dangerous, irresponsible, and reckless. Society is better now that there's one less person driving like that. We're all lucky he didn't take anybody with him, and now he won't have another chance to do it again.

Don't take it personally because you lost a brother or whatever. I didn't say shit about anybody else but AH's brother. Don't silence me because of your own sensitivities.
I agree with TMC. He articulated things very well. I just came back from my MIL's viewing so I'm not gonna put together a long post to explain my point of view, but as mredskins said, this ain't the thread for this. You want to prove your point and get into a pissing contest over your comments on AH's brother, start another thread.

I think your comment about TMC's "sensitivities" is f-ing BS, the guy lost his brother less than a year ago he's got every right have sensitivities on this subject. And you're making yourself look like a real @sshole to prove a point.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #88
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: death sucks

Ever stop to think I might have my own sensitivities? I lost an uncle to a drunk driver when I was a little kid. Douche was all over the road and crashed into my uncle's car head on and that was that.

So when I see reckless driving of any sort, yeah I guess I'm a little pissed about it.

Why do I need to know anything about AH's brother to have an opinion on the matter? What happened to him is exactly what I wish happened to the guy who killed my uncle. I wish he were the one who was dead, and my uncle the one who lived.

With AH's brother, what should have happened actually did happen. Does saying that make me an asshole? If you think so, fine. I'm not the sort to really care. But it's the truth. Douchebags that drive like that shouldn't be allowed to walk the Earth when so many of them take the lives of others.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #89
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: death sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Valid point TMC. Sorry about your Bro'. Do something good on the anniversary.

AND what AH's brother did was foolish and ended up being lethal. If we all had to pay for our foolishness with our lives.....there would be nobody left in the world.
Have you ever done something as foolish as driving 100mph through traffic?

There are mistakes in life, like oh I guess it was dumb to order ribs while wearing my white sweater. Then there are heinously foolish mistakes like driving 100mph in traffic.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #90
Impact Rookie
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 994
Re: death sucks

SS33 sorry about your current family issues I hope your wife/husband is doing well and I hope you both can get some peace tonight, may she Rest In Peace.
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30262 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25