Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Bachelor Party Ideas

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #46
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I have to plan my best friend's bachelor party in January. Any good ideas (beyond the standard bachelor party live entertainment excursions) a bachelor party in DC in the dead of winter?
I had my bachelor party in DC, and I had a pretty damn good time. My best man planned a pretty awesome trek, started on a party bus complete with keg and booze.

Since we started in Germantown, we had a good 45-60 minute ride to the first bar, so you get several in you before you even start. First stop was Island Jim's Tiki Bar over by Catholic University. Considering I had on a hawaiian shirt and a ship captain's hat that was too small, this was the perfect place to start. Then we headed over to Buffalo Billiards for cigars and beer. Next stop was to be The Reef in Adams Morgan, but the line was already down the street, so we went to the Angry Inch instead, where I got to pee out the 2nd story back door. Last stop was Nexus Gold Club before heading back to Germantown. To be honest, I don't remember much of the strip club since we got there at 1am and had been drinking since 5:30pm. We got back to Germantown at 3am, and I slept until Noon the next day.

Other ideas: Dinner at Morton's or Charlie Palmer's, a Caps/Zards game followed by a crawl in and around Chinatown (one of my favorite bars down there is Irish Channel) or a stop at ESPNZone might not be too bad. A crawl in Adams Morgan (make sure to end the night with a slice of pizza) or Georgetown/Foggy Bottom.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #47
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

I had to plan a bachelor party without strippers this summer, it was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, it's important to cater to your audience. The group of us went out and did some paintball in the morning, we had 3 places setup for showers, rested for about an hour, met up for dinner at Texas De Brazil in Fair Oaks (awesome meat fest...) then went back and had a bit of a house party, played poker, etc.

However, sounds like you're looking more for a day out on the town. The atlas district in DC is fun. A lot of fun. I haven't been there but the H street country club is supposed to be great. Not the cheapest place in town, but where else have you seen the combination of an inside mini golf course and bar? Sticky Rice is nearby which is a great time, especially if you want sushi and/or a bucket of tater tots. At the end of the night, maybe a little Ben's Chili Bowl to soak up the sin.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #48
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,990
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I had to plan a bachelor party without strippers this summer, it was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, it's important to cater to your audience. The group of us went out and did some paintball in the morning, we had 3 places setup for showers, rested for about an hour, met up for dinner at Texas De Brazil in Fair Oaks (awesome meat fest...) then went back and had a bit of a house party, played poker, etc.

However, sounds like you're looking more for a day out on the town. The atlas district in DC is fun. A lot of fun. I haven't been there but the H street country club is supposed to be great. Not the cheapest place in town, but where else have you seen the combination of an inside mini golf course and bar? Sticky Rice is nearby which is a great time, especially if you want sushi and/or a bucket of tater tots. At the end of the night, maybe a little Ben's Chili Bowl to soak up the sin.
I don't want to live in a world where this is.....POSSIBLE!!!

HOWEVER, you could plan a golf outing? With some....drinks.
Yes I think that could be done? A Golf Outing....with hookers, strippers and booze and the occasional dwarf.........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #49
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I had to plan a bachelor party without strippers this summer, it was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, it's important to cater to your audience. The group of us went out and did some paintball in the morning, we had 3 places setup for showers, rested for about an hour, met up for dinner at Texas De Brazil in Fair Oaks (awesome meat fest...) then went back and had a bit of a house party, played poker, etc.

However, sounds like you're looking more for a day out on the town. The atlas district in DC is fun. A lot of fun. I haven't been there but the H street country club is supposed to be great. Not the cheapest place in town, but where else have you seen the combination of an inside mini golf course and bar? Sticky Rice is nearby which is a great time, especially if you want sushi and/or a bucket of tater tots. At the end of the night, maybe a little Ben's Chili Bowl to soak up the sin.
So I'm guessing his soon to be wife would not allow strippers? Are they still married and how hen peck is he. If its a family member sorry.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

A buddy of mine got married not too long ago. We had his bachelor party in DC, but his wife-to-be said absolutely no strip clubs. Did the Adams Morgan thing, got to be around 1am...and promptly took him to Good Guys (The bouncer at Camelot wouldn't let us in because the groom and best man looked too drunk...I'm thinking they had issues already that evening because both were fine and neither slurred their speech or had a tough time standing upright). Needless to say, she wasn't too happy with us, but she still married him anyways.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,189
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

i highly encourage you not to take your friends to atlantic city for a bachelor party.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #52
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
A buddy of mine got married not too long ago. We had his bachelor party in DC, but his wife-to-be said absolutely no strip clubs. Did the Adams Morgan thing, got to be around 1am...and promptly took him to Good Guys (The bouncer at Camelot wouldn't let us in because the groom and best man looked too drunk...I'm thinking they had issues already that evening because both were fine and neither slurred their speech or had a tough time standing upright). Needless to say, she wasn't too happy with us, but she still married him anyways.
If my wife told me no strippers I would not have married her. Its not about the strippers and more to do with the trust thing.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I never said I have to crap at home, just said I strongly prefer the home field advantage.
I couldn't agree with you more on this one
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #54
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I had to plan a bachelor party without strippers this summer, it was actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, it's important to cater to your audience. The group of us went out and did some paintball in the morning, we had 3 places setup for showers, rested for about an hour, met up for dinner at Texas De Brazil in Fair Oaks (awesome meat fest...) then went back and had a bit of a house party, played poker, etc.

However, sounds like you're looking more for a day out on the town. The atlas district in DC is fun. A lot of fun. I haven't been there but the H street country club is supposed to be great. Not the cheapest place in town, but where else have you seen the combination of an inside mini golf course and bar? Sticky Rice is nearby which is a great time, especially if you want sushi and/or a bucket of tater tots. At the end of the night, maybe a little Ben's Chili Bowl to soak up the sin.
Texas de Brazil looks like a great option for dinner. Has anyone ever been to Overwood?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i highly encourage you not to take your friends to atlantic city for a bachelor party.
Have you ever been to the 19th floor in the Taj?
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #56
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Why not go hunting.
YouTube - deer attacks hunter
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Texas de Brazil looks like a great option for dinner. Has anyone ever been to Overwood?
I ate there twice actually. First time i was there with my girlfriend and the food was awesome. The second time the service was abysmal, of course that's the time that i recommended it to my boss's when we were there for a conference.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #58
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I ate there twice actually. First time i was there with my girlfriend and the food was awesome. The second time the service was abysmal, of course that's the time that i recommended it to my boss's when we were there for a conference.
How is it for a party of 20 getting drunk to already drunk guys?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How is it for a party of 20 getting drunk to already drunk guys?
I think the problem with the second time i was there that it was a group 11(two of whom were insurance agents for my company that i just met). It wasn't the atmosphere it was the food that lacked the quality that it received the first time i was there. Im assuming that it was the larger group that hurt the food quality. But if your getting drunk im sure you would have a good time anywhere.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #60
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Bachelor Party Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I think the problem with the second time i was there that it was a group 11(two of whom were insurance agents for my company that i just met). It wasn't the atmosphere it was the food that lacked the quality that it received the first time i was there. Im assuming that it was the larger group that hurt the food quality. But if your getting drunk im sure you would have a good time anywhere.
I group of 11 is not that big and you probably had reservations so its not like you just popped in on them.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30086 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25