Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Firstdown, you know that I am in between on several thing regarding politics and such. I takes sides on the views that I believe are truth rather than taking any one particular side.

I believe that there are some legitimate concerns with global warming. First you have to get past the bullshit name that they gave it "Global Warming". A more appropriate name would have been "Global De-Insulation". First off, the word "cold" is a relative term. There are only varying degrees of heat. The word "cold " comes into play when the degree of heat is lesser than what we find comfortable.

To truly understand Global warming you have to understand what the ozone layer truly is. In simple terms it is the layer of insulation in the atmosphere. Think of it as the insulation in your attic. Without proper insulation in your attic, your house cannot retain the cool air upstairs, therefore it gets too hot. In the winter time it cannot retain the heat, therefore your house gets too cold. The extreme differences between hot and cold during the different seasons are in relation to one another. Just because the accepted term is global "Warming" do not take it being "Cold" as a direct opposite of that at face value.

I hope that I just made sense.

Last edited by KLHJ2; 01-05-2010 at 11:14 PM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Tell your dad the more red meat he eats the less cows there will be.
Thats what I would think too...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Look I dont really think that means we should start being hippies and live in trees lol. Its just fact and I dont know how anyone can legitimately dispute the core argument, without getting away from facts.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Look I dont really think that means we should start being hippies and live in trees lol. Its just fact and I dont know how anyone can legitimately dispute the core argument, without getting away from facts.
The problem is I'm still not sold on what is fact and what is not.
Controversial new climate change data: Is Earth's capacity to absorb CO<sub>2</sub> much greater than expected?

How did they come up with those charts you point to as fact? If they said Global Warming was just a trend and the earth warms and cools over time what happens to their funding (millions and millions of dollars). Remember follow the money. How much money has Mr Gore made of global warming? If it was such a crises why did most of them attendending the global thing last month take a private jet "remember they are so concerned". I'm just not sold yet.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #20
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The problem is I'm still not sold on what is fact and what is not.
Controversial new climate change data: Is Earth's capacity to absorb CO<sub>2</sub> much greater than expected?

How did they come up with those charts you point to as fact? If they said Global Warming was just a trend and the earth warms and cools over time what happens to their funding (millions and millions of dollars). Remember follow the money. How much money has Mr Gore made of global warming? If it was such a crises why did most of them attendending the global thing last month take a private jet "remember they are so concerned". I'm just not sold yet.
Again you start generalizing, them them them. Seriously who is them? You make it seem like its an us vs them game. This is why I seriously hate the way people have become so freaking polarized we cant just step back and realize we are all humans and AMERICANS. Not sworn enemies. Geez. For the record, I dont give a crap about Gore and I know he is a sellout. Just like any other public figure. (Wow blows your mind huh? Of "them", aka me, calling out Gore? Oh no, it makes no sense!!!!).

How do they make those charts? Well if you take some time and read it says thermostats for the readings of the last 140 years. The measurements beyond that are using other techniques, tree rings, etc. That is why the range is greater in those measurements. Despite all that, there is still a trend which goes back several hundred years showing a consistent heating of our planet. Sure there are peaks and valleys(thoses are the small heatings and coolings you are taking about), but from the overall large picture there is a clear increase which is statistically significant.


How can you deny this lol?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #21
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah its butt cold.

And sorry, but I have to throw this in...
Meteorologists: Global Warming and Cold Weather Go Hand-In-Hand | News | English
exactly.. which is why you never see me argue things like this with republicans
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #22
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well you can always pull with your right hand to turn right and stop using words I have to look up in the dictionary.
Try doing a figure eight on your bike by pulling on the bars.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 AM   #23
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

hoo, stop trying to cloud the facts with figures
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Yup, pretty cold outside here, pretty much how a NY January always is. Glad we totally debunked global warming.

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #25
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Try doing a figure eight on your bike by pulling on the bars.
Should I try that with my 3 yr old in the back seat or try it on my own first? Saden I hope you had a great christmas and a happy New year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #26
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Should I try that with my 3 yr old in the back seat or try it on my own first? Saden I hope you had a great christmas and a happy New year.

LOL...I wouldn't try it with your kid on the bike. I hear the best place to try it is at busy intersection but that doesn't sound safe to me.

I did enjoy the holidays, I spent it in the frigid cold of the D.C. area with my fiancÚ and her family. They had a feast in my honor and I met most of her immediate family members.

I hope you had a good christmas and new year too.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

First it was global cooling. Then they said is was global cooling. Now it is climate change. Why don't you dumb asses wake up and realize that the West is just selling indulgences to third world nations so they can keep on polluting, and liberal schmucks can feel good about themselves. I'll give you props on selling a good racket but don't think I'm stupid enough to believe in it.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #28
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
LOL...I wouldn't try it with your kid on the bike. I hear the best place to try it is at busy intersection but that doesn't sound safe to me.

I did enjoy the holidays, I spent it in the frigid cold of the D.C. area with my fiancÚ and her family. They had a feast in my honor and I met most of her immediate family members.

I hope you had a good christmas and new year too.
My Christmas was great and having a 3 yr old made it feel more like christmas playing santa and all that good stuff. My older daughter 24 spent the night and helped us play santa and I think she had as much fun as we did. I'm lucky all my family lives in the area so christmas eve we only had a 3 mile drive to my parents house and christmas day we drove a mile to my wifes parents home. We started a new tradition and had a family party christmas night at our house which was alot of fun. Spent New Years at home and actually made it till 12 which was something we had not done in a few years. So when is the big day?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah its butt cold.

And sorry, but I have to throw this in...
Meteorologists: Global Warming and Cold Weather Go Hand-In-Hand | News | English
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
First it was global cooling. Then they said is was global cooling. Now it is climate change. Why don't you dumb asses wake up and realize that the West is just selling indulgences to third world nations so they can keep on polluting, and liberal schmucks can feel good about themselves. I'll give you props on selling a good racket but don't think I'm stupid enough to believe in it.
So do you think there is no basis at all for global warming/cooling/ozone breaking down, whatever you want to call it?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30074 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25