Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #46
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

No hate, frankly I could care less what someone else gives or doesn't give. I actually kinda feel bad for ya, but that's another thread.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #47
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Speaking of bad apples:

Pat Robertson Haiti Comments Spark Uproar - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
No hate, frankly I could care less what someone else gives or doesn't give. I actually kinda feel bad for ya, but that's another thread.
Somewhere there is a drugged up monkey laughing.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #49
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
The same reason I care less about you than I would my family, priority.

That's your opinion and you just contradicted it too. I don't see why we would give one bloody cent to Haiti or anyone else?

We sent aid to Iran when an earthquake killed people over there. Yet they persist in funding terrorism and blaming all of their problems on us.

When the freeways collapsed in Oakland I don't remember anyone giving a damn about dead and trapped Americans?

Do you know how many times the Marines have been deployed to Haiti and the Dominican Republic? It's a rat hole.
A LOT different. We had better means than any other nation to rescue those trapped Americans. I'm sure plenty of people around the world cared about the people that were hurt and killed in the Bay Area that day.

The fact that Haiti is a "rat hole" in your words is part of the reason those people need our help. It's the poorest country in the western hemisphere.

Obviously everyone here would be more upset if this tragedy occurred on American soil, but that takes nothing away from the fact that millions of people who were already suffering from extreme poverty are now basically in hell. We have the means to help, and we should.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #50
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Somewhere there is a drugged up monkey laughing.
Alrighty then
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
A LOT different. We had better means than any other nation to rescue those trapped Americans. I'm sure plenty of people around the world cared about the people that were hurt and killed in the Bay Area that day.

The fact that Haiti is a "rat hole" in your words is part of the reason those people need our help. It's the poorest country in the western hemisphere.

Obviously everyone here would be more upset if this tragedy occurred on American soil, but that takes nothing away from the fact that millions of people who were already suffering from extreme poverty are now basically in hell. We have the means to help, and we should.
Fine . . . . You all want to be all Christian and save the world, go ahead. If that makes you feel better about yourselves, so be it. Haiti is the poorest country in the hemisphere for a reason. You're right, Haiti isn't a rat hole. All of the rats welled up a bus and floated away from there a long time ago. Half of those people are already going to where they're going. All of the tears and money isn't going to help them.

They send in the Marines in to all of these countries everytime something happens. When I was in they were sent to the Dominican Republic and El Salvador. Yeah, they love us when we show up with a free meal and some meds, but when their bellies are full it's, "fuk-a-U-Yankae-Bouy". Somehow that doesn't make it to CNN.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #52
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,825
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

This made think of a cartoon in the Newspaper years back, I tried to find it to no avail.

Anywho it should like a white board in a publisher's office and it had like a formula on it.

Basically it said if 10 Americans die front page, 10 Europeans 2nd page, etc... then some third world country 10 die it would be in the Style section. Basically saying we as Americans have little symptom for the rest of the planet. Which seems to be somewhat true, sadly.

I had a lot of international friends when I lived in NOVA and a common theme amongst all of them was that Americans knew little and cared little about anything outside of the US.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #53
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,825
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Fine . . . . You all want to be all Christian and save the world, go ahead. If that makes you feel better about yourselves, so be it. Haiti is the poorest country in the hemisphere for a reason. You're right, Haiti isn't a rat hole. All of the rats welled up a bus and floated away from there a long time ago. Half of those people are already going to where they're going. All of the tears and money isn't going to help them.

They send in the Marines in to all of these countries everytime something happens. When I was in they were sent to the Dominican Republic and El Salvador. Yeah, they love us when we show up with a free meal and some meds, but when their bellies are full it's, "fuk-a-U-Yankae-Bouy". Somehow that doesn't make it to CNN.
To be honest dude I much rather visit Haiti then Varina VA.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #54
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,756
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Looks like Robertson is officially senile. If you're a conservative Christian, fine. But at least be a conservative Christian with some common sense.

Guys like this are why conservative Christians look terrible to many people who aren't.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #55
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
To be honest dude I much rather visit Haiti then Varina VA.
LOL...me too....it's more interesting that's for sure.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
To be honest dude I much rather visit Haiti then Varina VA.
That works.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #57
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Fine . . . . You all want to be all Christian and save the world, go ahead. If that makes you feel better about yourselves, so be it. Haiti is the poorest country in the hemisphere for a reason. You're right, Haiti isn't a rat hole. All of the rats welled up a bus and floated away from there a long time ago. Half of those people are already going to where they're going. All of the tears and money isn't going to help them.

They send in the Marines in to all of these countries everytime something happens. When I was in they were sent to the Dominican Republic and El Salvador. Yeah, they love us when we show up with a free meal and some meds, but when their bellies are full it's, "fuk-a-U-Yankae-Bouy". Somehow that doesn't make it to CNN.
Huh?? Be all Christian and save the world?? Not at all. I simply said giving aid to Haiti right now in the wake of a awful natural disaster is the right thing to do. It's got nothing to do with religion or "saving the world."

Or I could just pull a Trample and hole up in my gun shed in Varina, VA and play isolationist. That's an awesome world-view.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #58
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,756
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Fine . . . . You all want to be all Christian and save the world, go ahead. If that makes you feel better about yourselves, so be it. Haiti is the poorest country in the hemisphere for a reason. You're right, Haiti isn't a rat hole. All of the rats welled up a bus and floated away from there a long time ago. Half of those people are already going to where they're going. All of the tears and money isn't going to help them.

They send in the Marines in to all of these countries everytime something happens. When I was in they were sent to the Dominican Republic and El Salvador. Yeah, they love us when we show up with a free meal and some meds, but when their bellies are full it's, "fuk-a-U-Yankae-Bouy". Somehow that doesn't make it to CNN.
I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but it sounds like you're letting a bad experience completely skew the reality and direness of the current situation. There's bad eggs everywhere and maybe you ran into more of those bad eggs in Haiti than good eggs. But there are definitely people there who are doing nothing more than trying to get by with nothing, even though you may not have encountered them.

Just because they're poor and we aren't doesn't mean they're any less deserving of help than we are.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

It's your time, money, and effort. By all means, do what you will with it. I'll let you all have the last word.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #60
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,492
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
1) We sent aid to Iran when an earthquake killed people over there. Yet they persist in funding terrorism and blaming all of their problems on us.

2) When the freeways collapsed in Oakland I don't remember anyone giving a damn about dead and trapped Americans?

3) Do you know how many times the Marines have been deployed to Haiti and the Dominican Republic? It's a rat hole.
1) We sent aid to the help the Iranian people...not the government. It's that kind of compassion that makes this a great country. Do people take advantage of that? Of course they do, I personally don't want to let that change who we are as a country.

The people of Iran are good people... I hope you get the opportunity that I have had to get to know many of them. There's a reason that there's a major uprising to overthrow the government, because it doesn't represent many of their best interests (or ours).

2) Lets look at the scale of the events here. How many people died when the bridge collapsed? Not 500,000. What kind of compassion did our country show for Katrina? 9/11? An incredible amount.

3) Aside from the many Americans living in Haiti, there are millions of Haitians that are without food, water, and other basic needs. Does our country have its fair share of problems? Absolutely, but timing is critical right now to help these people from dying. I'm proud to belong to the country that jumps to help aid people in these dire conditions. I'm proud that every time there's an earthquake, tsunami, hurricane, flood, etc... Airplanes with the American flag are the first ones in to help those in need. It's not about feeling warm and fuzzy inside, its about having the kind of character that the rest of the world needs. And just because the rest of the world doesn't possess this trait, doesn't mean we should stop.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36692 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25