Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #61
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Is there a reason why we're giving Trample so much attention here? This thread shouldn't be about Trample and how he feels about the rest of the world. It seems like this thread isn't even about Haiti anymore, but instead it's all about Trample and the type of person he is...or at least the type of person he wants to come across as here.
i think you nailed it
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #62
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i think you nailed it
Why do you doubt that I'm insincere?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #63
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,048
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

The U.N. Special Envoy for Haiti is going to be in.....

... Massachussets tomorrow campaigning for the Democratic Senate Candidate there.

President Bill Clinton, Senator John Kerry To Join Coakley For Campaign Rally On Friday
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,141
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Redskins Join Haiti Disaster Relief Efforts

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder will donate the use of his private airplane to the relief efforts underway by Diageo’s Spirit of the Americas program. Joining the Diageo disaster relief team will be Ken Harvey, former pro-bowler and Director of Responsibility for the Washington Redskins.

The plane is currently scheduled to depart for Haiti on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 17, and will be stocked with relief personnel and supplies, along with clothing donated by the team.

“We’re not a relief organization, but there are times when our resources allow us to step in and make a difference, if only a small one,” Snyder said. “Diageo has been involved in relief efforts around the world for many years, and we’re fortunate to be able to partner with them, Getting the right people and supplies to Haiti is critically important, and we’re providing our best resources.”
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #65
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,010
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Redskins Join Haiti Disaster Relief Efforts

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder will donate the use of his private airplane to the relief efforts underway by Diageo’s Spirit of the Americas program. Joining the Diageo disaster relief team will be Ken Harvey, former pro-bowler and Director of Responsibility for the Washington Redskins.

The plane is currently scheduled to depart for Haiti on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 17, and will be stocked with relief personnel and supplies, along with clothing donated by the team.

“We’re not a relief organization, but there are times when our resources allow us to step in and make a difference, if only a small one,” Snyder said. “Diageo has been involved in relief efforts around the world for many years, and we’re fortunate to be able to partner with them, Getting the right people and supplies to Haiti is critically important, and we’re providing our best resources.”
DS is such a mean and horrible person....eyes rolling.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #66
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

It's a real mess there to say the least. They are getting the supplies there, but we are talking about 3 million people who have been devasted, and the roads and airport in Haiti just have never seen the sheer volume of equipment and vehicles moving back and forth.

I must say I was moved today by former presidents Bush and Clinton joining Obama at the podium talking about investing all of their energy into this effort. As crazy as it sounds for me to be saying this, it was actually good hearing from W publicly talk for the first time in a long time. It was a very proud moment.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #67
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 37
Posts: 5,829
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's a real mess there to say the least. They are getting the supplies there, but we are talking about 3 million people who have been devasted, and the roads and airport in Haiti just have never seen the sheer volume of equipment and vehicles moving back and forth.

I must say I was moved today by former presidents Bush and Clinton joining Obama at the podium talking about investing all of their energy into this effort. As crazy as it sounds for me to be saying this, it was actually good hearing from W publicly talk for the first time in a long time. It was a very proud moment.
Did you see how lit he looked in Jerry Jones luxery box at the Dallas/Philly game last week?

Last edited by KLHJ2; 01-16-2010 at 04:40 PM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #68
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Did you see how lit he looked in Jerry Jones luxery box at the Dallas/Philly game ast week?
Haha..no, really? I think W is just enjoying his retirement. I don't blame him one bit. He's a good man.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #69
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 37
Posts: 5,829
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Yeah, I didn't blame him either but his face was bloodshot red and he had that glazed over look in his eyes. His body language wasn't helping much either. I just laughed.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #70
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Im glade to see all we are doing but it just seems like the supplies aare there but no one knows what to do with it. The UN today kicked several doctors out of a tent trying to help people because they feared for their safty. The doctors wanted to stay but where forced to leave and they just kind of left the injured people there to fend for themself. What the F. is that all about and why couldn't the UN leave a few men ther to provide protection.

The Belgian medical director says he was the one who ordered his team to leave, not he UN. Regardless, it's pretty pathetic.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #71
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,048
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

The French are complaining now. Europeans are absolutely contemptible. They are 300 years past their prime yet they still think they should be in charge wherever they go. Obama will have more sympathy for Bush's difficulties with the cheese eaters before he's done. They're an impossible race.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #72
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,398
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Redskins Insider - Ken Harvey talks of suffering in Haiti
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #73
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,168
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

don't know if it was posted but Josh Cribbs from cleveland donated one one dollar for every follower he got on tweeter. i followed him, seems like he likes dc!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,168
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

New 6.1 Earthquake hits Haiti:

New 6.1-quake hits Haiti, people flee into streets - Yahoo! News
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #75
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,962
Re: Massive Earthquake Devastates Haiti

Man they just got hit by another quake...this is horrible....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46669 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25