Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Massachusetts Senate Race

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #76
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,539
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
So you voted for McCain then huh?
He wrote in mattyk/smootsmack
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #77
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
So you voted for McCain then huh?
If he's the most qualified it didn't show and it certainly isn't showing right now...facts indeed. Look around the office pal, lots of "most qualified" around and most aren't capable of doing anything remotely on their resume.

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #78
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Pelosi: House lacks votes to OK Senate health bill - Yahoo! News

Bummer.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #79
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He wrote in mattyk/smootsmack
nope. with all things being equal, Palin was one hiccup from running this country. any one that wouldn't have a problem with that needs their head examined. and Matty, you would have gotten my vote if you would have picked a better running mate
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #80
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
This should be a wake up call to both parties. After the progressive Bushites took over the Republican party, it destroyed itself. The conservative / libertarians abandoned it in 2006 and again in 2008, or at least I and people I know did. Now the Democrats are doing the same thing. So it should come as no surprise that a Republican, who ran as an independant, won in Mass. Now that we kicked out the gutless Republicans, the lawless Democrats are next. It's a good day for independants, conservatives, and libertarians. These gang-bankster fascist are getting exposed and kicked out. It's too bad we can't imprison them.
Good post. I can't believe I just said that.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #81
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'd say that true to a point but now that all eye's are on Obama and what he has or has not done it will make it much tougher in 2012. In the past election most people knew very little about him and they also seemed to ignore what little time he had in office and his voting record. He can no longer hide and will now have to answer more questions.
First, gotta say I disagree. Obama and every candidate campaigned for two years. The media turned over every possible stone and explored every nook and cranny, whether it was personal or professional. Obama didn't advance because of his resume, he advance on his ideas and his world view. In fact, he tapped into the very voter angst that Scott Brown just rode to victory. In many ways it was the experience argument that voters rejected.

Poll: Obama still most trusted - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

Look First, when this administration screws up I'm big enough to take my medicine like a man and own up to it - or at least I try. I have some criticisms, but I wholeheardtly believe this president is our best option and not to sound corny, our best hope. There, I said it. Was the Brown defeat a huge blow, hell yes! But it's going to cut both ways. Republicans are now obligated, in a sense, to work with Congress and the president on some key issues. If they think they can just oppose, oppose, oppose, and cry socialist or marxist or whatever the new talking point is this week, I think it's going to bite them in the ass.

Secondly, I've said once and I'll say it again, which ever candidate you roll out in 2012 is going to go through hell and high water in terms of being vetted. It's going to be excruciating. For a lot of different reasons. But chief among them is a guy name John Edwards. Can you imagine if this guy pulls off Iowa? Or Obama picks him to be Veep? Talk about disaster. Hell, Obama should get re-elected just for avoiding Edwards. Unless your name is Mitt Romney, I really feel sorry for whomever is thinking about running in 2012.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #82
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If he's the most qualified it didn't show and it certainly isn't showing right now...facts indeed. Look around the office pal, lots of "most qualified" around and most aren't capable of doing anything remotely on their resume.
Twas a joke. Sensitive a little?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #83
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,077
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

LOVED the outcome of this one! I think this proves that NO one is safe on either side of the aisle.
If the Dems do not learn from this than they are in big trouble!
__________________
F#$% the Cowpukes!
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #84
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
First, gotta say I disagree. Obama and every candidate campaigned for two years. The media turned over every possible stone and explored every nook and cranny, whether it was personal or professional. Obama didn't advance because of his resume, he advance on his ideas and his world view. In fact, he tapped into the very voter angst that Scott Brown just rode to victory. In many ways it was the experience argument that voters rejected.

Poll: Obama still most trusted - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

Look First, when this administration screws up I'm big enough to take my medicine like a man and own up to it - or at least I try. I have some criticisms, but I wholeheardtly believe this president is our best option and not to sound corny, our best hope. There, I said it. Was the Brown defeat a huge blow, hell yes! But it's going to cut both ways. Republicans are now obligated, in a sense, to work with Congress and the president on some key issues. If they think they can just oppose, oppose, oppose, and cry socialist or marxist or whatever the new talking point is this week, I think it's going to bite them in the ass.

Secondly, I've said once and I'll say it again, which ever candidate you roll out in 2012 is going to go through hell and high water in terms of being vetted. It's going to be excruciating. For a lot of different reasons. But chief among them is a guy name John Edwards. Can you imagine if this guy pulls off Iowa? Or Obama picks him to be Veep? Talk about disaster. Hell, Obama should get re-elected just for avoiding Edwards. Unless your name is Mitt Romney, I really feel sorry for whomever is thinking about running in 2012.
The only media that turned over any rocks looking into Obama was right leaning news places like Fox and others. Main stream media did not. You post that poll but look at the number and he has gone from 68 to 50%. If you look at his agenda numbers they are even much worse. You say the Rep. just oppose, oppose, oppose, but what else can they do when they are locked out of the debate on health ins. Remember those doors that Obama said over 10 times would be open and broadcast on C-span as part of this change in Washington.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22406 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25