Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Looks pretty sweet

Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite Called MyFord; Should Be Awesome - Car News - Car and Driver
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Looks like a bunch of new stuff to break. I like a simple car with the standard features because I feel its less stuff to break. Take for example those automatic closing doors and rear hatches. Are people really that lazy they cannot open their own door and when my buddies broke it cost him $1,800 to have it fixed. He said its the last car he buys with things like that. Give me power locks, seats, windows and I'm pretty well set.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

The added features are great.. but also a pain to repair when they do go out.

It looks pretty sweet, the current Sync system is neat as it is
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

I'm really excited about having Wi-Fi in your vehicle.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,758
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Is it just me but are we losing the art of driving? These cars do everything but focus on improving your driving. So many distractions to the driver.

I am also with firstdown, less options = less headaches. I am a buy a car new keep it ten years guy so I always think what will break in years 6 on...
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Well they do have things like back up cams and collision detection, so I would say things like that improve safety.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Looks like a bunch of new stuff to break. I like a simple car with the standard features because I feel its less stuff to break. Take for example those automatic closing doors and rear hatches. Are people really that lazy they cannot open their own door and when my buddies broke it cost him $1,800 to have it fixed. He said its the last car he buys with things like that. Give me power locks, seats, windows and I'm pretty well set.
Godsends to mothers around the world.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,758
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well they do have things like back up cams and collision detection, so I would say things like that improve safety.

I hear you.

My wife's Acura has a back up cam, let me tell you if you just want by that cam good luck! I never even use it.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Godsends to mothers around the world.
great point
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,843
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Is it just me but are we losing the art of driving? These cars do everything but focus on improving your driving. So many distractions to the driver.

I am also with firstdown, less options = less headaches. I am a buy a car new keep it ten years guy so I always think what will break in years 6 on...
Personally, I would be just as happy if my car were my own personal taxi, get in, tell the computer "Take me to work" and then I read the morning emails, updates, etc while the car navigates the idiocy of the morning rush. As in I Robot, it would have to have an override in case the robots try to take over the world, but I am good with letting the car drive me around.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,843
Re: Ford Introduces Next-Gen Connectivity Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Personally, I would be just as happy if my car were my own personal taxi, get in, tell the computer "Take me to work" and then I read the morning emails, updates, etc while the car navigates the idiocy of the morning rush. As in I Robot, it would have to have an override in case the robots try to take over the world, but I am good with letting the car drive me around.
BBC News - How computers took over our cars
Quote:
With this level of electronic driver support, won't cars soon be able to drive themselves? In fact car makers have built prototypes that can do just that. But for years into the future they will stop short of selling them. It's too onerous to take legal responsibility away from the driver.

Even so, cars will continue to harvest more and more information about the world around them. Rival manufacturers are co-operating to lay down an automotive wifi standard. The aim is that in a few years from now vehicles will be able to set up ad-hoc car-to-car networks. Cars would send and receive their position, direction and speed to neighbouring vehicles. Your car would warn you if a vehicle was around a corner, coming towards you but hidden. If you don't apply the brakes, it could.
Guess the liability question makes a lot of sense, no personal taxi for me in the near future. This article is a really interesting look at the past and future of electronics in cars
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22171 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25