Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


VERY Useful PC Utility!

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Cool VERY Useful PC Utility!

Just discovered, installed and fell in love with this utility for Windows.

It's called Volumouse and allows you to turn the volume of your external PC speakers up and down with the scroll wheel on your mouse. I set mine to work when I hold down the left Control and Shift keys while I scroll, since they're right there on the corner of the keyboard and easy to smash down quickly. It helps a LOT for when I'm streaming radio stations...the commercials always blast you out when they come on, so I have to turn the speakers down. After the commercials, I have to turn it back up to hear people talking. Pain in the butt...now over with Volumouse!

Get it here free. Takes a few seconds to download and set up.

Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

When they come out with a "Hurry up and close that effin window" button let me know.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

^ they have it! It is in the top right hand corner as a white x with red background.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
When they come out with a "Hurry up and close that effin window" button let me know.
Alt-F4
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 AM   #5
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
When they come out with a "Hurry up and close that effin window" button let me know.
former co-worker of mine had a programmable usb pedal just for this
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #6
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

I use my scroll wheel for browsing too much to change it to something else

most media players have the scroll wheel control the volume slider by default so I'll just pop the player up

also have volume controls on my keyboard

pretty handy if you do a lot of media stuff in the background though I guess
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
When they come out with a "Hurry up and close that effin window" button let me know.
classic
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Camp Scrub
 
HugeMonkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Butler, PA
Age: 32
Posts: 85
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

that seems interesting...i dont really have a use for it but i see its usefullness.

talking about streaming music...is there any sites out there like the launchcast of old?
HugeMonkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
former co-worker of mine had a programmable usb pedal just for this
Wow...very inventive, but very suspicious!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I use my scroll wheel for browsing too much to change it to something else

most media players have the scroll wheel control the volume slider by default so I'll just pop the player up

also have volume controls on my keyboard

pretty handy if you do a lot of media stuff in the background though I guess
I don't have volume on my keyboard, so I can see how you won't need it.

I use it for scrolling too, but this utility doesn't take your scrolling way. You can still scroll. You set up a key (or keys) to press to hold and when you use the wheel, it turns into a volume control.

I have the left Ctrl and Shift set up for the Volumouse because it seems like the easiest (and it is). If I'm not holding the keys down, my mouse wheel scrolls as normal. I didn't use just Ctrl because that is the ZOOM feature when used with the wheel. The two keys are right there on the corner, easy to press both down to adjust volume. I listen to sports or newstalk radio in my office and the commercials are always blastingly loud, so I use this a lot. No more reaching across my desk to turn commercials down.

Try it! You'll like it!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
When they come out with a "Hurry up and close that effin window" button let me know.

Someone told me about this a long time ago:

ThinkGeek :: StealthSwitch II

Absolutely hilarious to me....
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Just discovered, installed and fell in love with this utility for Windows.

It's called Volumouse and allows you to turn the volume of your external PC speakers up and down with the scroll wheel on your mouse. I set mine to work when I hold down the left Control and Shift keys while I scroll, since they're right there on the corner of the keyboard and easy to smash down quickly. It helps a LOT for when I'm streaming radio stations...the commercials always blast you out when they come on, so I have to turn the speakers down. After the commercials, I have to turn it back up to hear people talking. Pain in the butt...now over with Volumouse!

Get it here free. Takes a few seconds to download and set up.

Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse
Thanks, I forgot I even had a scroll wheel on my mouse and now I don't have to click on that thing to move the pages up and down.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #13
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thanks, I forgot I even had a scroll wheel on my mouse and now I don't have to click on that thing to move the pages up and down.

Firstdown, please tell me that you are effin with us!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Wow...very inventive, but very suspicious!
haha yeah, very not looked at too though

they've got some cool multi-pedal setups too
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: VERY Useful PC Utility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I don't have volume on my keyboard, so I can see how you won't need it.

I use it for scrolling too, but this utility doesn't take your scrolling way. You can still scroll. You set up a key (or keys) to press to hold and when you use the wheel, it turns into a volume control.

I have the left Ctrl and Shift set up for the Volumouse because it seems like the easiest (and it is). If I'm not holding the keys down, my mouse wheel scrolls as normal. I didn't use just Ctrl because that is the ZOOM feature when used with the wheel. The two keys are right there on the corner, easy to press both down to adjust volume. I listen to sports or newstalk radio in my office and the commercials are always blastingly loud, so I use this a lot. No more reaching across my desk to turn commercials down.

Try it! You'll like it!
ahh yeah, that's cool

I use a ton of keyboard shortcuts though, only use the mouse basically to click a link

so a little alt+tab then scroll works just as well for me

I do need to setup this new (used) laptop though with my typical weaks
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32045 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25