Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #661
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,948
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Anyone have thoughts on Far Cry 3 or Dishonored? Trying to decide which one to pick up.
Far Cry 3. I can't say enough good things about this game. My only complaint is I never have enough time to play it during the week.

I played Far Cry 2 a couple years ago, and I thought it was okay despite the lack of fast travel points, the constantly respawning enemy checkpoints (making travel much longer) the annoying malaria that kicked in the middle of the gunfights and your gun constantly jamming due to wear and tear.

The good news is that Far Cry 3 has none of that. In fact, there isn't a single thing about Far Cry 3 that really annoys me so far, and I'm about halfway through the game. There's so much to do too, and it constantly keeps you on your toes because of the pirates and the wildlife that will attack you if you're not in a vehicle. And with fast travel spots all over the map, if you don't want to drive a long ways to a mission site or something it makes it super quick getting there.

Long story short, Far Cry 3 lives up to the hype, for me personally.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #662
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Looking forward to the Skyrim add-on's this weekend.

Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #663
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Far Cry 3. I can't say enough good things about this game. My only complaint is I never have enough time to play it during the week.

I played Far Cry 2 a couple years ago, and I thought it was okay despite the lack of fast travel points, the constantly respawning enemy checkpoints (making travel much longer) the annoying malaria that kicked in the middle of the gunfights and your gun constantly jamming due to wear and tear.

The good news is that Far Cry 3 has none of that. In fact, there isn't a single thing about Far Cry 3 that really annoys me so far, and I'm about halfway through the game. There's so much to do too, and it constantly keeps you on your toes because of the pirates and the wildlife that will attack you if you're not in a vehicle. And with fast travel spots all over the map, if you don't want to drive a long ways to a mission site or something it makes it super quick getting there.

Long story short, Far Cry 3 lives up to the hype, for me personally.
Thanks. I'm kinda leaning toward FC3 based on everything I've read so far.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #664
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,115
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Finally finished Hitman and the Uncharted series. Picking up Far Cry today after work. Twins dont come home for 2 days so i should have some time to get it started.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #665
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,669
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Good riddance to 2012. One of the worst years in recent memory for video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Thanks. I'm kinda leaning toward FC3 based on everything I've read so far.
I just started it, according to Steam I've played it for a grand total of 2 or 3 hours, and most of it was me just leaving it on and replaying the opening a couple of times trying to calibrate the graphics. It's alright though. Main reason I got it was because I loved the character of Vaas. It's been awhile since we've had a villain of his caliber in a game.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #666
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,195
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Foaming at the mouth for GTA V.



I thought it was supposed to come out at the end of this year but it looks like it won't be til March.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #667
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,948
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Good riddance to 2012. One of the worst years in recent memory for video games.



I just started it, according to Steam I've played it for a grand total of 2 or 3 hours, and most of it was me just leaving it on and replaying the opening a couple of times trying to calibrate the graphics. It's alright though. Main reason I got it was because I loved the character of Vaas. It's been awhile since we've had a villain of his caliber in a game.
I thought this year was a decent year for gaming, at least it was personally. I started off with Skyrim, and that was ok for a while, at least when I had time to play. Then Madden came out and that occupied me for a little while, but tbh the bulk of the time that I play Madden is during the NFL offseason. This fall was excellent for me, first I bought Assassins Creed 3, which was good, then I bought Hitman, which I loved, and then I bought Far Cry 3, which I am really enjoying as well. I'm looking forward to next year too, although the only game I'm planning on buying next year is GTA V (awesome trailer D-Rave).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #668
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

GTA V along with Bioshock Infinite should help get 2013 off to a good start
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #669
Impact Rookie
 
VegasSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 551
Playing walking dead right now. That another good one.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #670
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,669
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

@Mooby Skyrim is 2011 not 12

Steam sale was ridiculous this past week. Kept buying games I didn't need. LA Noire, Farcry 2, Doom 3, GTA 4, GTA 4 DLC, Left4Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Assasins Creed 2, None of which was more then $5 save ones that were bundled $7.99. Lol I'm not going to play half of those games.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #671
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Wrong thread.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #672
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,948
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
@Mooby Skyrim is 2011 not 12

Steam sale was ridiculous this past week. Kept buying games I didn't need. LA Noire, Farcry 2, Doom 3, GTA 4, GTA 4 DLC, Left4Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Assasins Creed 2, None of which was more then $5 save ones that were bundled $7.99. Lol I'm not going to play half of those games.
I know but I spent a lot of time in early 2012 playing it. If you're just talking about games released in '12 then you're right lol.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #673
Impact Rookie
 
Smooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 31
Posts: 965
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Playing walking dead right now. That another good one.
Hell yeah it is.
__________________
Same freakout different year.
Smooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #674
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Playing walking dead right now. That another good one.
I was playing that for a while and got away from it for whatever reason.

I liked it, need to get back into it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #675
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Foaming at the mouth for GTA V.



I thought it was supposed to come out at the end of this year but it looks like it won't be til March.
Same here, I just love that game franchise.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22402 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25