Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2017, 07:55 PM   #1081
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,822
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Got the Horizon game, pretty bad ass.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #1082
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,343
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Got the Horizon game, pretty bad ass.
Iíve been playing it for a couple months now, easily one of my favorite games of all time
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #1083
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,822
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Iíve been playing it for a couple months now, easily one of my favorite games of all time
Dude I play it for a bit then stop and come back to it, but then the learning curve starts all over. With having kids I don't have the time to grind on it but it is pretty awesome.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #1084
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,343
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

I just got Far Cry 5 but I canít stop playing Horizon
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #1085
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,822
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I just got Far Cry 5 but I canít stop playing Horizon
I am kind of stuck on horizon. I can't kill anything, it's annoying.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #1086
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,187
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

I got FC5 too, idk if it's just me but killing crazy rednecks is a pretty good time.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #1087
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,343
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I am kind of stuck on horizon. I can't kill anything, it's annoying.

No shame in turning down the difficulty
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #1088
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,014
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I got FC5 too, idk if it's just me but killing crazy rednecks is a pretty good time.
It looks cool...some of the tedious things in the past ones gets annoying. This one looked mayb a lil different? Story line looked good.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 AM   #1089
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,187
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It looks cool...some of the tedious things in the past ones gets annoying. This one looked mayb a lil different? Story line looked good.
It's still Far Cry... I mean there's still outposts, but you don't have towers to climb anymore. There are some new and innovative changes, however my biggest peeve is they seem to be following the GTA "grind or use real money to buy in-game money" method. And if you prefer stealth that seems real non-existent, even with silencers these crackheads can still hear a shot from the woods at a quarter mile away. But overall it's fun.

My new favorite thing about the game is going fishing, it's such a relaxing mode that takes your mind off it being a FPS. They put a lot of work into it, you can switch up spots and try to catch harder fish which requires a little more skill. Also I'd be remiss if I didn't mention game still needs some work, it gets somewhat glitchy at times. Nothing game breaking so far though.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #1090
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,014
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's still Far Cry... I mean there's still outposts, but you don't have towers to climb anymore. There are some new and innovative changes, however my biggest peeve is they seem to be following the GTA "grind or use real money to buy in-game money" method. And if you prefer stealth that seems real non-existent, even with silencers these crackheads can still hear a shot from the woods at a quarter mile away. But overall it's fun.

My new favorite thing about the game is going fishing, it's such a relaxing mode that takes your mind off it being a FPS. They put a lot of work into it, you can switch up spots and try to catch harder fish which requires a little more skill. Also I'd be remiss if I didn't mention game still needs some work, it gets somewhat glitchy at times. Nothing game breaking so far though.
thanks, actually picked up ps4 recently...the main reason was Red Dead 2 coming out in Oct, my all time favorite game. Had to get ready. Ive played the past Far Cry on older system and those looked great.

I actually haven't bought any games yet...but battlefront2 is ordered now and is coming...


game nerds...any thoughts on best games for PS4? Looking for a solid strategy game, an open world game (I think Horizon was mentioned above and Far Cry will get sometime later)...suggestions? Also sports games...the obvious Madden is good?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #1091
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,343
New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Horizon Zero Dawn... just get it, I canít recommend it enough

Iíd also recommend Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, and GTA V
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #1092
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 2,585
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn... just get it, I canít recommend it enough

Iíd also recommend Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, and GTA V
Agreed on Horizon Zero Dawn. Stunning graphics and game play system (and story). I keep hearing it's a poor mans Witcher 3, so I got to get on that wagon at some point when I get free time.

Playing Fortnite on the side but keep getting owned by 11 year olds, so that sucks.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #1093
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,822
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Agreed on Horizon Zero Dawn. Stunning graphics and game play system (and story). I keep hearing it's a poor mans Witcher 3, so I got to get on that wagon at some point when I get free time.

Playing Fortnite on the side but keep getting owned by 11 year olds, so that sucks.
Fortnite story of my life. If you can't build quick you are a sitting duck.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #1094
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,187
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
thanks, actually picked up ps4 recently...the main reason was Red Dead 2 coming out in Oct, my all time favorite game. Had to get ready. Ive played the past Far Cry on older system and those looked great.

I actually haven't bought any games yet...but battlefront2 is ordered now and is coming...


game nerds...any thoughts on best games for PS4? Looking for a solid strategy game, an open world game (I think Horizon was mentioned above and Far Cry will get sometime later)...suggestions? Also sports games...the obvious Madden is good?
Cheers to that, RDR2 will probably be the next game I buy this year. As for FC5 I'd say it's def. better than 4 but not as good as 3, 3 being the best in the series. I didn't play Primal either so no idea on that.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #1095
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,343
Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Cheers to that, RDR2 will probably be the next game I buy this year. As for FC5 I'd say it's def. better than 4 but not as good as 3, 3 being the best in the series. I didn't play Primal either so no idea on that.

Primal is ok but I got bored half way through and never finished it. I agree that 3 was the best, 4 just seemed like 3.5
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Hawaii? | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.11345 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25