Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 03:19 AM   #121
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,515
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

If you haven't already try Dead Rising 2. Personally loved the first one and the second one was just as fun to play. Assasins Creed: Brotherhood looks like a good rental. Dead Space 2 and Infamous 2 both figure to be good games slated for release early next year. I'm also looking forward to renting Crysis 2.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #122
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

I just went back and played through Dead Space again, really looking forward to the 2nd one
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #123
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
If you haven't already try Dead Rising 2. Personally loved the first one and the second one was just as fun to play. Assasins Creed: Brotherhood looks like a good rental. Dead Space 2 and Infamous 2 both figure to be good games slated for release early next year. I'm also looking forward to renting Crysis 2.
Think I might trade in Medal of Honor and give Dead Rising 2 a shot. Didn't play the first one but the commercials for the new one seem pretty cool.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #124
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,715
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I just went back and played through Dead Space again, really looking forward to the 2nd one
I've beaten that game 7 times. I absolutely can not wait until January 25th!!!
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #125
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,862
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Dead Rising, and Dead Rising 2 are like my most favorite games on this planet.

I got Dead Rising 2 for my birthday on September 26th, and haven't put it down since.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #126
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I've beaten that game 7 times. I absolutely can not wait until January 25th!!!
lol damn you really love it

I love spooky games that give you goosebumps like that one does. The sound in that game is phenomenal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #127
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,835
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Think I might trade in Medal of Honor and give Dead Rising 2 a shot. Didn't play the first one but the commercials for the new one seem pretty cool.
How was Medal of Honor compared to Modern Warfare 2?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #128
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
How was Medal of Honor compared to Modern Warfare 2?
Medal of Honor doesn't even compare
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #129
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,515
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
lol damn you really love it
It has a lot of replay value. Multiple endings and a time limit prevents you from doing everything in one run through, etc. Also the online is pretty fun and it gives you cash to use in the game, which you need for stuff like weapons and zombrex. Just remember to balance saving survivors with the main storyline. Skimp on survivors and you'll be to weak to beat bosses. Play it to loose and the main storyline will end before you finish the game.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #130
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
There are a couple times the single player has the frame rate drop so badly that it's almost unplayable so I've already gotten rid of it. I wasn't expecting the best game ever but I didn't expect it to be that bad.
I ran into some serious frame rate issues during the part where you're riding ATVs and that was the final straw for me. I'm trading it back today.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #131
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
It has a lot of replay value. Multiple endings and a time limit prevents you from doing everything in one run through, etc. Also the online is pretty fun and it gives you cash to use in the game, which you need for stuff like weapons and zombrex. Just remember to balance saving survivors with the main storyline. Skimp on survivors and you'll be to weak to beat bosses. Play it to loose and the main storyline will end before you finish the game.
I'm going to give it a shot. Hoping Medal of Honor gives a nice trade-in considering it's only a week old.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #132
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,653
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm going to give it a shot. Hoping Medal of Honor gives a nice trade-in considering it's only a week old.

Are you guys talking Dead Rising? If so it was a fun game but it was one of those love it or hate games. It plays very different than say a Bioshock or Dead Space.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #133
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

It's more sandbox style right? That's ok with me. While I do love Dead Space I did get tired of how linear it is at times.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #134
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,653
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's more sandbox style right? That's ok with me. While I do love Dead Space I did get tired of how linear it is at times.
IT is not so much that it is the time thing, I can't remember exactly write back your feelings on it. My money is on you will at first like it but then quickly get frustrated with it. Much like my self.


It is one of the first games for 360 so lots of glitches.

You can probably get it used for like $5.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #135
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,239
re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

We're talking Dead Rising 2.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26205 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25