Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #31
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
How about the fact that we had a detailed plan for seizing Iraqi oil assets before the war and began executing that plan immediately, yet we never had a coherent plan for creating a new Iraqi government? How about the fact that Iraq's oil assets are still being overseen by Halliburton, Cheney's company? How about the fact that Cheney and Bush are both investors in military companies like Bechtel, so with every shell fired, they potentially get a stock dividend? And all of this is just the beginning.

Or let me put it this way: McDonald's is the world's largest purchaser of potatoes. If McDonald's invaded Idaho, and said that the invasion was about freedom, not potatoes, would you believe them?
Sorry but I'm sure neither Bush nor Cheney owned stock in Betchtel but that good to throw out there. Also Haliburton does not have control over Iraq's oil and it seems Iraq is doing just fine selling their oil Iraq signs new overseas oil deal. You may want to check where you get your info from.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #32
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sorry but I'm sure neither Bush nor Cheney owned stock in Betchtel but that good to throw out there. Also Haliburton does not have control over Iraq's oil and it seems Iraq is doing just fine selling their oil Iraq signs new overseas oil deal. You may want to check where you get your info from.
Bush and Cheney were both listed as stockholders of Bechtel at the start of the war. In fact, they were listed as major stakeholders on the front page of Bechtel's Web site (which has since conveniently been changed).

You are also neglecting the fact that Halliburton has been doing the servicing of Iraq's oil infrastructure. I didn't say owning oil, I said making money from it.

Riddle me this: both Saddam's sabotage and the invasion destroyed much of Iraq's oil infrastructure at the start of the war. Who was it who helped them to rebuild the infrastructure? Halliburton.

Since you have questioned my facts, then let me add this: how about the well-documented reality that the Halliburton subsidiary of Kellogg, Brown, and Root has been found not just charging, but overcharging, the US military for the supplies which it has provided?

I can understand how supporters of the Iraq war, which is the greatest foreign relations blunder in American history, would want to be in denial of its reality. But facts are facts.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #33
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Why should people on the left want Cheney to die. No one is afraid of him. Wish him well i am glad he witnessed the election of Barack Obama. I just wish Strom and Jesse Helms were around to see it.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,317
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
How about the fact that we had a detailed plan for seizing Iraqi oil assets before the war and began executing that plan immediately, yet we never had a coherent plan for creating a new Iraqi government?
I've tried to tone down and stay out of the politics for a while but can't let this one go.

We had a detailed plan to seize Iraqi oil fields so Saddam wouldn't be able to destroy Iraq's primary asset to be used in rebuilding the country. The Bush Admin made it a point not to take any oil $$$ from Iraq. Instead we pumped Billions into Iraq to rebuild it.

Quote:
How about the fact that Iraq's oil assets are still being overseen by Halliburton, Cheney's company? How about the fact that Cheney and Bush are both investors in military companies like Bechtel, so with every shell fired, they potentially get a stock dividend? And all of this is just the beginning.
Dude, you need to stay off the left-wing blogs. Your conspiracy theories are out there and factually incorrect. Iraq's oil assests are being handled by the Iraqi government. The Asia Times is certainly no friend of Cheney and Co.

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

From the link:
Win-win for Russia and China
Cheney's and Rumsfeld's script was never supposed to develop like this. Instead of US Big Oil getting the lion's share, strategic competitors Russia and China turned out to be big winners. Dick Cheney's "consolation prize" was an Exxon-Mobil-Shell alliance getting the phase 1 of West Qurna in early November. Exxon-Mobil had been the favorite to also win Rumaila (17.8 billion barrels of reserves). But a BP-CNPC (China National Petroleum Corporation) alliance got it in the end because unlike Exxon-Mobil they agreed to cut their fee per barrel down to the Oil Ministry-enforced $2.

Please show one shred of FACTUAL evidence that Cheney or Bush was invested in ANY military-type or oil producing company while in Executive Office.

And certainly the righteous Obama Admin would never steer a contract to one of their donors (cronies)

FOXNews.com - $150M Anthrax Vaccine Contract Goes to Firm With Close Dem Party Ties
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #35
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I disagree. He had their backs and respect, unlike Murtha.
Thousands of them are laying on their backs in the ground if that's what you mean.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Of course he did, he was making a boatload of $$ off of them.
and this

most military aren't exactly foreign policy experts or even followers, they do as told as they're trained to do
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #37
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Doesn't matter if it was for oil or not, we were there for the wrong reasons.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #38
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Bush and Cheney were both listed as stockholders of Bechtel at the start of the war. In fact, they were listed as major stakeholders on the front page of Bechtel's Web site (which has since conveniently been changed).

You are also neglecting the fact that Halliburton has been doing the servicing of Iraq's oil infrastructure. I didn't say owning oil, I said making money from it.

Riddle me this: both Saddam's sabotage and the invasion destroyed much of Iraq's oil infrastructure at the start of the war. Who was it who helped them to rebuild the infrastructure? Halliburton.

Since you have questioned my facts, then let me add this: how about the well-documented reality that the Halliburton subsidiary of Kellogg, Brown, and Root has been found not just charging, but overcharging, the US military for the supplies which it has provided?

I can understand how supporters of the Iraq war, which is the greatest foreign relations blunder in American history, would want to be in denial of its reality. But facts are facts.
So what your saying about Bechtel has now been erased and there is no evidence that Bush and Cheney owned those stocks. I believe there is something stating that they have to disclose their investment and ties to corporations before taking office. So there should be plenty of evidence to back that up. I do know that they disclose their tax returns which would have that info. Yes Haliburton and some of those companies did over charge for some services but I also remember them paying them back. No one will know if it was intentional or just an error. I guess Cheney made a profit of that also.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I've tried to tone down and stay out of the politics for a while but can't let this one go.

We had a detailed plan to seize Iraqi oil fields so Saddam wouldn't be able to destroy Iraq's primary asset to be used in rebuilding the country. The Bush Admin made it a point not to take any oil $$$ from Iraq. Instead we pumped Billions into Iraq to rebuild it.

Dude, you need to stay off the left-wing blogs. Your conspiracy theories are out there and factually incorrect. Iraq's oil assests are being handled by the Iraqi government. The Asia Times is certainly no friend of Cheney and Co.

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

From the link:
Win-win for Russia and China
Cheney's and Rumsfeld's script was never supposed to develop like this. Instead of US Big Oil getting the lion's share, strategic competitors Russia and China turned out to be big winners. Dick Cheney's "consolation prize" was an Exxon-Mobil-Shell alliance getting the phase 1 of West Qurna in early November. Exxon-Mobil had been the favorite to also win Rumaila (17.8 billion barrels of reserves). But a BP-CNPC (China National Petroleum Corporation) alliance got it in the end because unlike Exxon-Mobil they agreed to cut their fee per barrel down to the Oil Ministry-enforced $2.

Please show one shred of FACTUAL evidence that Cheney or Bush was invested in ANY military-type or oil producing company while in Executive Office.

And certainly the righteous Obama Admin would never steer a contract to one of their donors (cronies)

FOXNews.com - $150M Anthrax Vaccine Contract Goes to Firm With Close Dem Party Ties
You keep pointing to oil OWNERSHIP, which I already said I was not talking about. You indicated that we pumped money into Iraq to rebuild the infrastructure. There are reams of evidence on the internet (and not just from left-wing blogs) which demonstrate that it was Halliburton leading the hands-on rebuilding. So you essentially agree with me, although you omitted the detail that Halliburton benefitted.

As for Obama cronyism, I don't doubt it for a minute. But:
1) two wrongs do not make a right. Cheney is not absolved, and
2) American troops and ordinary Iraqi citizens have not to my knowledge died because of Obama's anthrax cronyism.

Now I'm out of this argument. Back to football for me.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,584
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

What Warpath Topic Are You Most Tired Of?

A. Political Threads
B. Threads That Really Aren't About Politics But Turn Into Politics
C. All Of the Above
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #41
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You keep pointing to oil OWNERSHIP, which I already said I was not talking about. You indicated that we pumped money into Iraq to rebuild the infrastructure. There are reams of evidence on the internet (and not just from left-wing blogs) which demonstrate that it was Halliburton leading the hands-on rebuilding. So you essentially agree with me, although you omitted the detail that Halliburton benefitted.

As for Obama cronyism, I don't doubt it for a minute. But:
1) two wrongs do not make a right. Cheney is not absolved, and
2) American troops and ordinary Iraqi citizens have not to my knowledge died because of Obama's anthrax cronyism.

Now I'm out of this argument. Back to football for me.
If Halliburton did the work one would only think that they turned a profit form doing so. Thats I given
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #42
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What Warpath Topic Are You Most Tired Of?

A. Political Threads
B. Threads That Really Aren't About Politics But Turn Into Politics
C. All Of the Above
nice try
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #43
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,380
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I've tried to tone down and stay out of the politics for a while but can't let this one go.

We had a detailed plan to seize Iraqi oil fields so Saddam wouldn't be able to destroy Iraq's primary asset to be used in rebuilding the country. The Bush Admin made it a point not to take any oil $$$ from Iraq. Instead we pumped Billions into Iraq to rebuild it.

Dude, you need to stay off the left-wing blogs. Your conspiracy theories are out there and factually incorrect. Iraq's oil assests are being handled by the Iraqi government. The Asia Times is certainly no friend of Cheney and Co.

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

From the link:
Win-win for Russia and China
Cheney's and Rumsfeld's script was never supposed to develop like this. Instead of US Big Oil getting the lion's share, strategic competitors Russia and China turned out to be big winners. Dick Cheney's "consolation prize" was an Exxon-Mobil-Shell alliance getting the phase 1 of West Qurna in early November. Exxon-Mobil had been the favorite to also win Rumaila (17.8 billion barrels of reserves). But a BP-CNPC (China National Petroleum Corporation) alliance got it in the end because unlike Exxon-Mobil they agreed to cut their fee per barrel down to the Oil Ministry-enforced $2.

Please show one shred of FACTUAL evidence that Cheney or Bush was invested in ANY military-type or oil producing company while in Executive Office.

And certainly the righteous Obama Admin would never steer a contract to one of their donors (cronies)

FOXNews.com - $150M Anthrax Vaccine Contract Goes to Firm With Close Dem Party Ties
Nice post SS33 , amazing how facts trump BS .... every time ! http://www.bechtel.com/assets/files/...s/Straight.pdf
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #44
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,380
Re: Cheney suffers 5th heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Bush and Cheney were both listed as stockholders of Bechtel at the start of the war. In fact, they were listed as major stakeholders on the front page of Bechtel's Web site (which has since conveniently been changed).

You are also neglecting the fact that Halliburton has been doing the servicing of Iraq's oil infrastructure. I didn't say owning oil, I said making money from it.

Riddle me this: both Saddam's sabotage and the invasion destroyed much of Iraq's oil infrastructure at the start of the war. Who was it who helped them to rebuild the infrastructure? Halliburton.

Since you have questioned my facts, then let me add this: how about the well-documented reality that the Halliburton subsidiary of Kellogg, Brown, and Root has been found not just charging, but overcharging, the US military for the supplies which it has provided?

I can understand how supporters of the Iraq war, which is the greatest foreign relations blunder in American history, would want to be in denial of its reality. But facts are facts.
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32739 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25