Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #136
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

How 'bout we go get kicked out of an Applebee's?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #137
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
This reminds me: We were "that family at Applebees" the other night. Both the 2 year old and the 2 month old had to be held by mommy and neither could be satisfied any other way. They were both pretty damn loud. I took the 2 year old outside three times before we finally just said "eff it" and we went home with to-go boxes.
I'd be fine with that. It's the thought and effort that counts. Thank you for considering others. Sorry that your kids where upset.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #138
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,314
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
This reminds me: We were "that family at Applebees" the other night. Both the 2 year old and the 2 month old had to be held by mommy and neither could be satisfied any other way. They were both pretty damn loud. I took the 2 year old outside three times before we finally just said "eff it" and we went home with to-go boxes.
Yeah you did the right thing, trying to remove them and calm them down. I've been there. Doesn't it make you think going out just isn't worth it?

So many times my wife is like hey why don't we go out to eat for a change? I always end up saying nah let's just get take-out, refereeing the kids at the table just takes too much energy.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #139
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Thats the thing about kids if they are in that mood there is nothing you can really do. So far we have been lucky only only had to rush out of one resturant but we had just finished eating. I does not bother me when it happens to other people unless they refuse to leave or do anything about their kids.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #140
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah you did the right thing, trying to remove them and calm them down. I've been there. Doesn't it make you think going out just isn't worth it?

So many times my wife is like hey why don't we go out to eat for a change? I always end up saying nah let's just get take-out, refereeing the kids at the table just takes too much energy.
This is the stage we're at now. Wife asks if we should go out, I say no I'll run and get something because it's not worth the hassle. But if the kids have had a good day, and it's still early enough, we'll make it work because we know they'll behave.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #141
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
This is the stage we're at now. Wife asks if we should go out, I say no I'll run and get something because it's not worth the hassle. But if the kids have had a good day, and it's still early enough, we'll make it work because we know they'll behave.
Well you need to write a book because I can't tell what my child do from one minute to the next.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #142
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah you did the right thing, trying to remove them and calm them down. I've been there. Doesn't it make you think going out just isn't worth it?

So many times my wife is like hey why don't we go out to eat for a change? I always end up saying nah let's just get take-out, refereeing the kids at the table just takes too much energy.
better keep the woman happy from time to time

how old are yours again?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #143
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well you need to write a book because I can't tell what my child do from one minute to the next.
For the most part, my kids are well-behaved when we go out, and we keep their attention focused the best we can. However, they are 2 1/2 and 15 months, so they haven't realized that the other kids are running around the restaurant. From their behavior and mood, we can tell if it's worth the risk or not. Here lately, it hasn't been, but we've been getting out without the kids, so it hasn't been a big deal.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #144
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,314
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
better keep the woman happy from time to time

how old are yours again?
The oldest is 3 years, the baby's 9 months. My wife and I are both homebodies mostly, so it works out most times.

Kids are really fun, but man, at a restaurant it's a buttload of work.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #145
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,364
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
do you happen to double for the geico cavemen by any chance?

hahah!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #146
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
How about doing the adult thing and just walking away?
I know I'm extremely late on this convo but I'm with Matty. Several things you can do....

Prior to acting like a kid yourself and running your mouth:

#1- Ignore it.

If this can't be done...

#2- Ask the waitress or manager to sit you elsewhere. This might force the managers hand and he can tell them to either get control or leave.

After your date ran her mouth....

#3- Let her handle her own business. She started the shit let her finish it.

#4- Dump your gal for running her mouth and most likely looking to you to back her up or take over the arguement.

Lastly remember what just about everybodies mother has said.....

#5- If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Request a seat change. Complain to the manager. Then smile at them if they stare at you going out the door.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #147
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah you did the right thing, trying to remove them and calm them down. I've been there. Doesn't it make you think going out just isn't worth it?

So many times my wife is like hey why don't we go out to eat for a change? I always end up saying nah let's just get take-out, refereeing the kids at the table just takes too much energy.
This is me 100%. The whole time my kids grew up we avoided going out. Very rarely did we go out to eat but occassionally we did. Believe me it never stops. Just yesterday my 15 y/o and almost 13 y/o were sitting across from each other and the 13 y/o was sticking a straw with the paper into the 15 y/o's drink. The 15 y/o kicked the 13 y/o under the table which elicited a yell. LOL. I was so pissed.

They continued to do shit to each other quietly until again one yelled, which happened to be the 13 y/o. After the first time I told them under my breath they would be sorry and I would beat their asses in public. When it continued I simply changed seats with the 15 y/o.

I was soo pissed. The whole time wondering why I couldn't take my kids out in public for a simple meal and have them act like adults.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #148
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The oldest is 3 years, the baby's 9 months. My wife and I are both homebodies mostly, so it works out most times.

Kids are really fun, but man, at a restaurant it's a buttload of work.
yeah at those ages they're still acting on instinct
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #149
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,708
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
This is me 100%. The whole time my kids grew up we avoided going out. Very rarely did we go out to eat but occassionally we did. Believe me it never stops. Just yesterday my 15 y/o and almost 13 y/o were sitting across from each other and the 13 y/o was sticking a straw with the paper into the 15 y/o's drink. The 15 y/o kicked the 13 y/o under the table which elicited a yell. LOL. I was so pissed.

They continued to do shit to each other quietly until again one yelled, which happened to be the 13 y/o. After the first time I told them under my breath they would be sorry and I would beat their asses in public. When it continued I simply changed seats with the 15 y/o.

I was soo pissed. The whole time wondering why I couldn't take my kids out in public for a simple meal and have them act like adults.

This post make me want to cry, I have a two year old and I hoped someday it would get easier.

We went out to dinner last night to really the only place you can bring him which is this hole in the wall Mexican place by my house. It is loud and the wait staff loves kids, I have had times where he has been getting cranky and they will march him around the restaurant while singing to him he smiles every time he loves it!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31272 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25