Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #31
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Fair enough, but it's also chicken-shit when done to a woman.
Yeah.. and if I'm out with a woman that gets into a verbal sparring fest in a restaurant I probably won't be dating her much longer, even if the other chick did start it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #32
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Now, babies in the movie theater is entirely different. How could that possibly seem like a good idea to anyone?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Yeah.. and if I'm out with a woman that gets into a verbal sparring fest in a restaurant I probably won't be dating her much longer, even if the other chick did start it.
Well that's the other thing. I can't imagine my wife ever saying anything to the parents of an unruly child, so there never would be an issue to start with.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #34
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
While I've never once had a problem with someone saying something to me about their behavior, if they ever did I'd likely tell them to fuck off, because it's an Applebee's. What do you expect? A quiet candlelight dinner?
Well there are different levels of crying. There's the normal crying and then there's the shrieking hysterical fits, which aren't suitable for anywhere in public.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #35
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Well there are different levels of crying. There's the normal crying and then there's the shrieking hysterical fits, which aren't suitable for anywhere in public.
Agreed, kid has to be removed immediately in that instance.

The shame of it is that parents of autistic kids deal with those tantrums a lot more often than most parents. Given that an autism-spectrum disorder is diagnosed in approximately 1% of kids, chances are you've come across an autism-driven tantrum at some point in your life, whether at the grocery store or at a restaurant.

So it's important to remember not to come down too hard on the parent in that situation and give the benefit of the doubt. Now, if they don't take the kid out of the restaurant upon the onset of the tantrum, they should be removed by the restaurant management, autism or not. But it's important to be sensitive to that stuff. Parents of autistic kids often feel like they've been sentenced to a tough life as it is, they shouldn't feel like they're never allowed to go out to a restaurant.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #36
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,916
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Now, babies in the movie theater is entirely different. How could that possibly seem like a good idea to anyone?
Go ask the people who are in the theater with babies because except for the alamo, they are in every showing.....and not to sound racial, but they are usually hispanic families.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #37
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Agreed, kid has to be removed immediately in that instance.

The shame of it is that parents of autistic kids deal with those tantrums a lot more often than most parents. Given that an autism-spectrum disorder is diagnosed in approximately 1% of kids, chances are you've come across an autism-driven tantrum at some point in your life, whether at the grocery store or at a restaurant.

So it's important to remember not to come down too hard on the parent in that situation and give the benefit of the doubt. Now, if they don't take the kid out of the restaurant upon the onset of the tantrum, they should be removed by the restaurant management, autism or not. But it's important to be sensitive to that stuff. Parents of autistic kids often feel like they've been sentenced to a tough life as it is, they shouldn't feel like they're never allowed to go out to a restaurant.
Good point, probably more common than we realize.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Fair enough, but it's also chicken-shit when done to a woman.
Nancy Pelosi is a woman. If she should happen to fall down a flight of stairs, I don't think I'd shed one bloody tear.

Mace is unisex.

No one is talking about round housing a broad in the mouth but if one happens to call my mother a C, she's getting maced.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.

Last edited by Trample the Elderly; 03-15-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Go ask the people who are in the theater with babies because except for the alamo, they are in every showing.....and not to sound racial, but they are usually hispanic families.
Hispanics are going to English speaking movies now?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #40
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Nancy Pelosi is a woman. If she should happen to fall down a flight of stairs, I don't think I'd shed one bloody tear.

Mace is unisex.

No one is talking about round housing a broad in the mouth but if one happens to call my mother a C, she's getting maced.
That's ridiculous.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,386
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

I feel like there's a "you might be a redneck" joke here somewhere
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #42
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,916
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Hispanics are going to English speaking movies now?
The closest town to me, Winchester, VA, has it really bad for hispanic population. A few years ago the census had it about 1 to 4 in terms of ratio. Anyway, that's where we go to the movies, since the next closest town for theaters is Martinsburg, WV. Since the alamo opened up last October, we haven't been going anywhere else.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #43
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
The closest town to me, Winchester, VA, has it really bad for hispanic population. A few years ago the census had it about 1 to 4 in terms of ratio. Anyway, that's where we go to the movies, since the next closest town for theaters is Martinsburg, WV. Since the alamo opened up last October, we haven't been going anywhere else.

Why the f are you driving to Texas to see a movie? And we are they showing movies at the Alamo?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #44
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,916
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Lol man the Alamo is a drafthouse cinema.....It's like a restaurant and a movie theater all in one. They have a dining area out front, and a bar, and then the theater rooms are in the back. it's awesome.

The Alamo franchise obviously started in Texas, but it is expanding now, Northern VA has them and soon they are gonna move up the east coast.

It's a great alternative to the normally noisy, infested theaters. They let parents with small children come in once a month during the 1st showing of a new movie, but after that, they are not allowed. I have personally seen people be escorted out that try and bring babies into a regular movie, and it doesn't happen that much, only when people are new and don't know the rules. People generally don't try to sneak the kids in because as soon as a manager sees that they have babies or the like in a regular showing, they are asked to leave....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #45
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: F. . . Parents who let their children run wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Lol man the Alamo is a drafthouse cinema.....It's like a restaurant and a movie theater all in one. They have a dining area out front, and a bar, and then the theater rooms are in the back. it's awesome.

The Alamo franchise obviously started in Texas, but it is expanding now, Northern VA has them and soon they are gonna move up the east coast.

It's a great alternative to the normally noisy, infested theaters. They let parents with small children come in once a month during the 1st showing of a new movie, but after that, they are not allowed. I have personally seen people be escorted out that try and bring babies into a regular movie, and it doesn't happen that much, only when people are new and don't know the rules. People generally don't try to sneak the kids in because as soon as a manager sees that they have babies or the like in a regular showing, they are asked to leave....
I figured it was something like that.

I just went to their web site now I am sad we don't have one!
Alamo Drafthouse :: Main Page

Bottom of the web site.

18 AND UP ALL SHOWS - NO CHILDREN UNDER 6 UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED - OPEN 7 DAYS
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32587 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25