Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #91
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
what?

there should be a commandment that says to know what the hell you're talking about!

"wine"cooler
it has "wine" in it's name for crying out loud. that makes it a form of wine.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #92
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Most wine coolers aren't even made from actual wine anymore.

It's not wine. It's malt liquor.

Barley wine isn't wine either, despite the name.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #93
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You don't need sour mix in a good margarita.

All you need is good tequila, triple sec or Cointreau, and fresh lime juice
agreed.. I can't stand any premade sour mixes either, shit's disgusting
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #94
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
"wine"cooler
it has "wine" in it's name for crying out loud. that makes it a form of wine.
and as you can see they're cooler!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #95
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
and as you can see they're cooler!

aaahhh, but cooler then what? thats the real question.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #96
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

cooler then gone

cooler than... not drinking!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #97
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
what?

there should be a commandment that says to know what the hell you're talking about!
I lol'd.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,476
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

I used to drink margaritas frozen, but that was before I knew better. Nothing like a great margarita on the rocks. 2 or 3 and you might lose your legs when you get up from the table at the tex-mex place.

Not a big martini drinker, but I'm old school. Gin belongs in a martini.

I'm starting to get into bourbon more and more. Usually stick with what I know (Beam, Maker's). Never really tried scotch, but it's something I want to get into.

And while I'll catch some slag for it, I'm a rum drinker. Me and the Captain go way back, but his cousin Sailor Jerry slides in from time to time as it as more bite.

I love beer, so it's my go-to drink of choice. A nod to TMC's 90 Minute IPA mention. Dogfish Head has some classics. If you get a chance, try their 120 Minute IPA. I got one of those beer a day calendars and have been pinning up beers I want to try on my cube wall at work. Got to take one down from over the weekend, Old Specked Hen. An English ale that actually tasted better (to me at least) as it warmed a bit from the fridge. My poolside drink of choice is a light beer, and while Corona isn't anything to write home about, Landshark is better.

As far as wine goes, is it manly? Who's to say? However, I don't drink wine unless it's red, and the drier the better.

You know what makes a man's drink? A man who will stand behind his drink, no matter what he's drinking.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #99
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Good post, BD.

I love many varieties of red wine, scotch, and of course beer. I love a good IPA, and a nice 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90 will certainly give me a great buzz. Loose Cannon and Rogue Dead Guy are also favorites.

I'm not a gin or rum drinker at all. Gin tastes like pine needles and rum is way too sweet for me. Single malt scotches are a my #1 drink of choice.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #100
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

love gin

beefeater, yum.. gin needs to be very dry and crisp

my stepdad is a tanqueray drinker, not a fan of that stuff at all
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #101
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,894
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
I used to drink margaritas frozen, but that was before I knew better. Nothing like a great margarita on the rocks. 2 or 3 and you might lose your legs when you get up from the table at the tex-mex place.

Not a big martini drinker, but I'm old school. Gin belongs in a martini.

I'm starting to get into bourbon more and more. Usually stick with what I know (Beam, Maker's). Never really tried scotch, but it's something I want to get into.

And while I'll catch some slag for it, I'm a rum drinker. Me and the Captain go way back, but his cousin Sailor Jerry slides in from time to time as it as more bite.

I love beer, so it's my go-to drink of choice. A nod to TMC's 90 Minute IPA mention. Dogfish Head has some classics. If you get a chance, try their 120 Minute IPA. I got one of those beer a day calendars and have been pinning up beers I want to try on my cube wall at work. Got to take one down from over the weekend, Old Specked Hen. An English ale that actually tasted better (to me at least) as it warmed a bit from the fridge. My poolside drink of choice is a light beer, and while Corona isn't anything to write home about, Landshark is better.

As far as wine goes, is it manly? Who's to say? However, I don't drink wine unless it's red, and the drier the better.

You know what makes a man's drink? A man who will stand behind his drink, no matter what he's drinking.
My ancestral roots dictate that I must like rum...so I do
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #102
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
My ancestral roots dictate that I must like rum...so I do
Carribean?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #103
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,894
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

You know it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #104
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You know it
Nice! I'm honeymooning in Aruba in June. Ever been? I know it's way south of what's considered the carribean. Just curious.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #105
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,894
Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Nice! I'm honeymooning in Aruba in June. Ever been? I know it's way south of what's considered the carribean. Just curious.
Never been there
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31331 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25