Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You guys are too emotional to cut it in the business world. Fearing change. Getting attached to communities, cultures, mom & pop stores, blah blah blah.

It's business. A lower price fills a big consumer need. Walmart does things a lot more efficiently. That simple.

They can treat their employees like dirt because their employees are cashiers, stockroom workers and greeters, they're easily replaced. You don't exactly need a Harvard degree to get a job at Wal-Mart. They give people jobs, they give people lower prices, and they don't focus on service.

Who the hell needs good customer service when shopping for a T-shirt or a frozen pizza, anyway?

Exactly I don't for those items but in other departments it is nice to have a friendly knowledgeable person to help you. Like in camping, electroincis, auto, home improvement, the garden shop, etc...

Maybe I worked in the hotel industry to long but I value good service above a cheap price. Good service/ advise can actually save you money. I love to have someone who is honestly steering me towards a good product that I won't have to replace in a couple years because I went with the weaker product cause I knew no better.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #47
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,151
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Exactly I don't for those items but in other departments it is nice to have a friendly knowledgeable person to help you. Like in camping, electroincis, auto, home improvement, the garden shop, etc...

Maybe I worked in the hotel industry to long but I value good service above a cheap price. Good service/ advise can actually save you money. I love to have someone who is honestly steering me towards a good product that I won't have to replace in a couple years because I went with the weaker product cause I knew no better.
Heck that's what you get here from all your friendly neighborhood WP'ers!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #48
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,855
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Heck that's what you get here from all your friendly neighborhood WP'ers!
I like Schneed and i generally agree with him, but i feel like if WM treated the workers better they would attract better workers.

But he is right, you dont need people skills or anything to work there. And he's right about the business world too. But in a sense, that is wrong, because many people like myself take pride in tradition and family businesses and the like, are part of our lives.

Case in point, Walmart is selling cars in Texas. True story. My family, as some of you know, have operated a car dealership for close to 30 years. It's gave us everything we have. If Walmart started selling cars here, we would be out of business in no time...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #49
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I like Schneed and i generally agree with him, but i feel like if WM treated the workers better they would attract better workers.

But he is right, you dont need people skills or anything to work there. And he's right about the business world too. But in a sense, that is wrong, because many people like myself take pride in tradition and family businesses and the like, are part of our lives.

Case in point, Walmart is selling cars in Texas. True story. My family, as some of you know, have operated a car dealership for close to 30 years. It's gave us everything we have. If Walmart started selling cars here, we would be out of business in no time...
They have a word for that Carmax.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #50
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,855
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
They have a word for that Carmax.
It would be funny if they really are the same company. Thing is, they rip people off just as bad.

Dealerships as a whole are shady, but Carmax straight up robs fools. My friend Evan bought a car out of the valley trader last year, and was stuck with his old one, so feeling that he had nothing to lose, sold it to carmax because he wanted the cash.

It was a 2006 Chevy Silverado pickup. They gave him only 1,200 dollars for it. It had a Kelly Blue Book value of almost 8500 at "Fair" condition....Heck "Poor" was almost 5,000.

Guarantee you they took that same pickup and put it out on the lot for probably 12,000.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #51
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It would be funny if they really are the same company. Thing is, they rip people off just as bad.

Dealerships as a whole are shady, but Carmax straight up robs fools. My friend Evan bought a car out of the valley trader last year, and was stuck with his old one, so feeling that he had nothing to lose, sold it to carmax because he wanted the cash.

It was a 2006 Chevy Silverado pickup. They gave him only 1,200 dollars for it. It had a Kelly Blue Book value of almost 8500 at "Fair" condition....Heck "Poor" was almost 5,000.

Guarantee you they took that same pickup and put it out on the lot for probably 12,000.
that is why I mentioned them.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #52
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It would be funny if they really are the same company. Thing is, they rip people off just as bad.

Dealerships as a whole are shady, but Carmax straight up robs fools. My friend Evan bought a car out of the valley trader last year, and was stuck with his old one, so feeling that he had nothing to lose, sold it to carmax because he wanted the cash.

It was a 2006 Chevy Silverado pickup. They gave him only 1,200 dollars for it. It had a Kelly Blue Book value of almost 8500 at "Fair" condition....Heck "Poor" was almost 5,000.

Guarantee you they took that same pickup and put it out on the lot for probably 12,000.
Thats called making an offer and some fool taking it.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #53
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
They can treat their employees like dirt because their employees are cashiers, stockroom workers and greeters, they're easily replaced. You don't exactly need a Harvard degree to get a job at Wal-Mart. They give people jobs, they give people lower prices, and they don't focus on service.
I suspect they don't treat their employees much worse on the whole than similar type employees get treated in the industry in general.. They just have a lot more employees and are a very easy target.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #54
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Out of control virus:
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #55
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,855
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Out of control virus:
Man that's freaking epic. Now it just needs to be set to the 28 days later track "In a heartbeat".

If that map is true, which i suspect it is, then the world will be consumed within 10-15 years.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #56
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

I love living in downtown areas, too bad it's so much money.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Went to Walmart during lunch. I really really like that place. Everyone there was super nice too. I even had a short conversation with the cashier about the weather.

I do have 2 problems with Walmart.

1) the parking lot usually sucks, but it is better than having to go to 3 different stores and deal with parking 3 times

2) They always use WAY too many bags. I usually try to go through self checkout but this Walmart didnt have one. I got some frozen mixed fruit, a tooth brush (twin pack), and 1 bottle of multi vitamins. 3 bags. She double bagged the mix fruit and put the tooth brush and multi vitamin in a separate bag. Everything could have gone in 1 bag easy and the frozen fruit wasnt even heavy or real big or anything. This always happens and just pisses me off, i cant stand all these extra bags.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #58
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,217
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It would be funny if they really are the same company. Thing is, they rip people off just as bad.

Dealerships as a whole are shady, but Carmax straight up robs fools. My friend Evan bought a car out of the valley trader last year, and was stuck with his old one, so feeling that he had nothing to lose, sold it to carmax because he wanted the cash.

It was a 2006 Chevy Silverado pickup. They gave him only 1,200 dollars for it. It had a Kelly Blue Book value of almost 8500 at "Fair" condition....Heck "Poor" was almost 5,000.

Guarantee you they took that same pickup and put it out on the lot for probably 12,000.
That's called being a retard. Who sells a car without looking at the blue book value?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #59
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That's called being a retard. Who sells a car without looking at the blue book value?

LOL! I wan to say that but didn't want to be rude. you will always get the most money for your car if yo usell it yourself. Generally Carmax will give you the most money for your car then a normal dealership.

Carmax loves cars that are late model and under 60k miles.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #60
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,855
Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
LOL! I wan to say that but didn't want to be rude. you will always get the most money for your car if yo usell it yourself. Generally Carmax will give you the most money for your car then a normal dealership.

Carmax loves cars that are late model and under 60k miles.
he didnt want the hassle of selling himself, and was just looking to unload it.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22711 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25