Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


I Apologize

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #46
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I knew you'd come around, I told you I'd save you a seat at the GOP table. LOL
You guys could certainly use some color in those poorly lit rooms. I can be the table center piece or I'm I penciled-in as the table cloth?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #47
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
A "tax and spend" policy is always better than a "don't tax and spend" policy. False promise laden? He's really keeping up with majority of his promises...don't let the fact that he didn't promise you and your ilk things that please you cloud your judgment.

Now if only he can muster the will to get us out of the two wars your kids will be in a better position in the future. Let's pray that he makes the right call and we pack up and go home.
As far as the promise things goes, I guess it just depends on who you ask:

A Long Post: The Complete List of Obama Statement Expiration Dates - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Obama is spending at a terrifying rate. Your tax and spend comment is typical. Instead of acknowledging the problem stated, you create a scenario that would be worse and use it as a justification for the problem at hand (once again invoking the "he's not W" argument. Old and tired). He's talking of helping future generations while effing them in the process.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #48
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: I Apologize

LOL. It's always the same. My whole life I've met just four conservatives who were knowledgeable and serious about history and public policy. Three of them were cronies of the Reagan/Bush families and honestly the biggest assholes I've ever met. One in particular gave a lecture in 2004 passionately defending Ken Lay and the Enron executives. The fourth...became a progressive after fighting it so long.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #49
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
As far as the promise things goes, I guess it just depends on who you ask:

A Long Post: The Complete List of Obama Statement Expiration Dates - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Obama is spending at a terrifying rate. Your tax and spend comment is typical. Instead of acknowledging the problem stated, you create a scenario that would be worse and use it as a justification for the problem at hand. He's talking of helping future generations while effing them in the process.
If pointing out the obvious is typical i will gladly be typical. You know what else is typical? The National Review sucking the life out my brain with gems like this:

Quote:
RAISING TAXES

STATEMENT: “No family making less than $250,000 will see any form of tax increase.” (multiple times on the campaign trail)

EXPIRATION DATE: Broken multiple times, including the raised taxes on tobacco, a new tax on indoor tanning salons, but most prominently on February 11, 2010: “President Barack Obama said he is ‘agnostic’ about raising taxes on households making less than $250,000 as part of a broad effort to rein in the budget deficit.”
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #50
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
LOL. It's always the same. My whole life I've met just four conservatives who were knowledgeable and serious about history and public policy. Three of them were cronies of the Reagan/Bush families and honestly the biggest assholes I've ever met. One in particular gave a lecture in 2004 passionately defending Ken Lay and the Enron executives. The fourth...became a progressive after fighting it so long.
And in typical progressive fashion, you pull the "We know best, you're ignorant, and if you think otherwise we'll mock/berate you" response. It's what progressives do best.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #51
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If pointing out the obvious is typical i will gladly be typical. You know what else is typical? The National Review sucking the life out my brain with gems like this:
So instead of being amazingly stupid (W), it's cool to just be really stupid (Obama), and that's ok? Gotcha.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #52
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
So instead of being amazingly stupid (W), it's cool to just be really stupid (Obama), and that's ok? Gotcha.
I have no problem with spending...especially in a depressed economy. There are things I would like to cut but I don't think you'd like what I would cut. The biggest mistake Obama has made IMO is not leaving the wars to save some $$$...everything else I'm fine with.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #53
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: I Apologize

If you want to play grownup let's put all the facts out there...Obama came in and there was 1.3 trillion dollar annual budget deficit...what would you have liked for him to cut and how would those cuts impact the economy?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #54
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If pointing out the obvious is typical i will gladly be typical. You know what else is typical? The National Review sucking the life out my brain with gems like this:



I have no problem with spending...especially in a depressed economy. There are things I would like to cut but I don't think you'd like what I would cut.
Try me.

See, thing is, in case you haven't noticed, in general I really don't care for a lot of Democratic policy. But I'm not a party-lines guy. I have no deep seeded loyalty to the GOP. I tend to agree with them more than the left, but truth be told, I'm a fiscal conservative and more liberal socially (I'm probably more Libertarian than anything else). Really I just want what's good for this country. And the good I speak of is not relative.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #55
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
And in typical progressive fashion, you pull the "We know best, you're ignorant, and if you think otherwise we'll mock/berate you" response. It's what progressives do best.
No sir. I have no desire to mock or berate and I'm sorry for coming off that way. Truly I identify w/ the deep-seated frustration so many have for OUR government.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #56
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have no problem with spending...especially in a depressed economy. There are things I would like to cut but I don't think you'd like what I would cut. The biggest mistake Obama has made IMO is not leaving the wars to save some $$$...everything else I'm fine with.
Yes, but don't you think he's apologized enough for America so far? After all we've done in Iraq and Afghanistan, you suggest that he just cut bait and haul ass? Even though he may not have entered those wars if it had been his decision, there is still an obligation to something we as a country started nearly 10 years ago (crazy it's been that long already).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for our troops to come home, but in the international diplomatic eye, is it really viable to just bail out of both countries right now?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #57
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
No sir. I have no desire to mock or berate and I'm sorry for coming off that way. Truly I identify w/ the deep-seated frustration so many have for OUR government.
Word.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #58
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Since this thread is nothing more than political bickering, I figured I'd post this to keep it going.

Great read here:

Mort Zuckerman: World Sees Obama as Incompetent and Amateur - US News and World Report
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #59
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: I Apologize

I thought this thread was about the GOP apologizing to big oil for the "shakedown" by the White House?

It's completely absurd and indefensible that anyone would defend Rep. Barton and a party that has repeatedly stood in the way of legislation that would reign in the banking and securities industry, the healthcare industry, and now Republicans have the gall to apologize to BP for poluting our shores and putting thousands of Americans out of work. They didn't like the president requesting BP set up an escrow fund for $20 billion, but on the other hand they want him to "step up" and be a leader. So typical. I bet the people of the Gulf region don't think this is a shakedown, especially while this clown Tony Bolony is attending Yacht races. I really hope they stick to their Jimmy Carter talking points as the economy continues to grow (three consecutive quarters) and jobs continue to be added.

And while we're on the subject of apologizing, would someone please produce a link, a clip, or text of Obama apologizing to anyone anywhere about anything?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #60
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: I Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I thought this thread was about the GOP apologizing to big oil for the "shakedown" by the White House?

It's completely absurd and indefensible that anyone would defend Rep. Barton and a party that has repeatedly stood in the way of legislation that would reign in the banking and securities industry, the healthcare industry, and now Republicans have the gall to apologize to BP for poluting our shores and putting thousands of Americans out of work. They didn't like the president requesting BP set up an escrow fund for $20 billion, but on the other hand they want him to "step up" and be a leader. So typical. I bet the people of the Gulf region don't think this is a shakedown, especially while this clown Tony Bolony is attending Yacht races. I really hope they stick to their Jimmy Carter talking points as the economy continues to grow (three consecutive quarters) and jobs continue to be added.

And while we're on the subject of apologizing, would someone please produce a link, a clip, or text of Obama apologizing to anyone anywhere about anything?
There are tons and tons of links out there, 12th. Obama sucks, and it becomes more evident every day. Just ask his consistently plummeting approval ratings. Take away the bogus numbers from the temporary census jobs, and the job growth numbers are pretty paltry.

And to so say "they didn't like" Obama getting BP to set up the $20B fund is a weak generalization. A few idiots like Barton opposed it. Then the powers that be in the GOP demanded he apologize.

Obama apologizes to the world

Why Is Obama Apologizing for America? - The Daily Beast

Gateway Pundit

Romney Slams Obama's 'Apology Tour' - Hannity - FOXNews.com

Barack Obama: 'arrogant US has been dismissive' to allies - Telegraph

President Obama Apologizes for America's "Runaway Capitalism"
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32439 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25