Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Happy Father's Day

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,760
Happy Father's Day

It's a little late in the day (or early in the evening, as the case may be), but happy father's day to all fathers out there.

As I always tell people, being a Dad is the best job I have ever had. Long hours, the people you supervise are mostly insubordinate, and the pay is lousy. On the other hand, you get to be a hero everyday, the pride in your work is incredible and, occasionally, you get to play with some really cool toys! On the whole, frustrating as it occasionally is, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

As a son - Thanks Dad. For good or ill, I wouldn't be the man I am today but for you.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Happy Father's Day

wtf no replies.. no previous threads

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all of the dads and dads to be
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Happy Father's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
It's a little late in the day (or early in the evening, as the case may be), but happy father's day to all fathers out there.

As I always tell people, being a Dad is the best job I have ever had. Long hours, the people you supervise are mostly insubordinate, and the pay is lousy. On the other hand, you get to be a hero everyday, the pride in your work is incredible and, occasionally, you get to play with some really cool toys! On the whole, frustrating as it occasionally is, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

As a son - Thanks Dad. For good or ill, I wouldn't be the man I am today but for you.
Excellent post. I look up to my father more than anyone else in life. He's the most well read, intelligent, and accomplished person I've ever been around. Plus he's warm, caring, and thoughtful. I'm so blessed to have him. When I start to complain about little shit in life, I try to think of him. Grew up as the oldest of 7 kids, raised dirt poor by a WWII vet (10th Mountain Division) and a school teacher, he's 100% self made. He's 62 years old next month, and he's taken one sick day his entire life. One. We had our ups and downs during my adolescence, and didn't speak for a while when he and my mom split up, but in the end it brought us closer. I wouldn't trade my father for any other man on this planet.

I look forward to the day that I can raise my own children, and I think if I do half the job he's done with my brother and me, I'll have succeed.

My wife and I took him and my stepmom to dinner tonight. Great time. Love ya, Dad.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,952
Re: Happy Father's Day

I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for my father so thanks pops. Happy Father's day...live long and prosper...V
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: Happy Father's Day

My dad and I have such similar personalities that we have tended to clash a bit over the years. And growing up, particularly in my teenage years, I've done what all kids have and thought to myself "when I have kids I'm never going to be like him." But now as my wife and I start seriously thinking about having kids, I'm actually worried that I won't be like him. And the more we think about having kids and all the responsibilities that come with it, I'm more in admiration of the father he is. Funny how that works.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Happy Father's Day

Great posts.

Thank you for everything Dad, I miss and love you.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Happy Father's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
wtf no replies.. no previous threads

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all of the dads and dads to be
Thank you.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Happy Father's Day

I had a great fathers day. I spent the first half of the day with my dad out on the boat fishing and talking about just about everything while my wife went off with her dad. The second half of the day we had a cook out (which became a cook in as it was hot) with both of our families. I spent most of the time with youngest daughter having fun playing with the family.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,742
Re: Happy Father's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Excellent post. I look up to my father more than anyone else in life. He's the most well read, intelligent, and accomplished person I've ever been around. Plus he's warm, caring, and thoughtful. I'm so blessed to have him. When I start to complain about little shit in life, I try to think of him. Grew up as the oldest of 7 kids, raised dirt poor by a WWII vet (10th Mountain Division) and a school teacher, he's 100% self made. He's 62 years old next month, and he's taken one sick day his entire life. One. We had our ups and downs during my adolescence, and didn't speak for a while when he and my mom split up, but in the end it brought us closer. I wouldn't trade my father for any other man on this planet.

I look forward to the day that I can raise my own children, and I think if I do half the job he's done with my brother and me, I'll have succeed.

My wife and I took him and my stepmom to dinner tonight. Great time. Love ya, Dad.
It was weird for me to say that after I had just got married.

Anywho thanks for the greetings and happy fathers day to the other dads as well.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Happy Father's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
It was weird for me to say that after I had just got married.

Anywho thanks for the greetings and happy fathers day to the other dads as well.
Yeah it's weird for sure, but in a good way. For me, it feels like a part of me grew up a lot overnight.

SS- great post. My feelings about my dad are basically identical. When I was 14, 15, 16 years old I couldn't stand the guy. It is funny how that works.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,560
Re: Happy Father's Day

I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with my Dad last week. He's getting over a pretty serious surgery he had back in April so it was good to see him bouncing back. Just wish we lived a little closer.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24125 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25