Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #46
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,491
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
It's not about feeling bad, How much money does she need? That's a stupid amount. A hundred million or something like that will suffice. That is ridiculous. We need alimony reform and a cap and trade on these ho****S.
How much money does Tiger need?

By law, she's entitled to that money just as much as he is.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #47
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

It is ridiculous. Point blank period.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #48
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,491
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
It is ridiculous. Point blank period.
You have nothing of substance to support your argument. Point blank period.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #49
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,121
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You have nothing of substance to support your argument. Point blank period.
Schneed, Schneed - it's JTF, he doesn't need substance to support his arguments. Never has. Never will. It's a zen thing.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #50
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

I feel very sad for the children. Think of the stories they'll read about their father's sordid activities when they are old enough. Ick. Plus presently, at such a young age, they now have to cope with a broken home. This whole fiasco is such a shame on many levels.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #51
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Schneed, Schneed - it's JTF, he doesn't need substance to support his arguments. Never has. Never will. It's a zen thing.
Almost like Joe Thiesman himself.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #52
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,491
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thats the real story here not the money. I raised a daughter on my own and even though you and your X keep the child out of the BS it still affects them. My daughter is now 24 and we have talked about it and she tells me about how she wished she could have just spent Christmas, her birthdays, etc.. with just mom and dad. Not dad and then mom and not with them just at the same birthday party but as a family which you can never do once your parents split. People act like divorce is OK and the children will be OK but I don't think we realize the harm it does to them. My daughter lived a happy life but the living as a family part was something I could not ever fix. People need to think before they decide to bring children into the world and if they do split they need to put the children's needs above theirs but that does not happen in allot of divorces now days.
Great post.

Thank God for mom and dad for sticking through together 'cause we don't know how...
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #53
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,105
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I ain't saying she a gold digger...she ain't messin' wit no broke, broke...
LOL! Get down 12th, go 'head, get down!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #54
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

I was listening to Lavar and Chad on 106.7 earlier, and they had one of the finance guys from CNN (missed the guy's name) on the show. He said that the $750M just can't be right. Tiger has earned $1.1B in his career. After taxes and fees, he estimated the actual figure at around $500M. So it would have to figure in future earnings paid out over the years. He also speculated that maybe his wife has info so damaging that she must be kept quiet at any cost.

Maybe firsthand knowledge of PED use? It would have to be something that would crush his golf legacy, because as far as his current perception goes, it doesn't matter if he cheated with 17 or 17,000 women at this point.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #55
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

What gets me is the sexist nature of how this is being spun by the media and perceived by the public: Tiger loses his fortune to his money-grubbing wife. Truth is Tiger Woods' life will go on. At some point he'll win another major. He'll continue to be revered as a legendary golfer. Scandal or not his life, at some point, will transition to some semblance, if not entirely, of what it once was. Look, Tiger faces the media anyway, so he's comfortable in that element regardless of the topic being discussed.

Elin, on the other hand, will now live a sequestered life away from the public eye with her every moved scrutinized by all. She'll, rightfully or wrongfully, be looked upon with disdain by many. And to that end, I think the dollar amount here is not all that significant. Sure on it's face it's an outrageous amount, don't get me wrong! But you can't quantify in dollars how her life and her children will forever be turned upside down.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #56
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,105
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I was listening to Lavar and Chad on 106.7 earlier, and they had one of the finance guys from CNN (missed the guy's name) on the show. He said that the $750M just can't be right. Tiger has earned $1.1B in his career. After taxes and fees, he estimated the actual figure at around $500M. So it would have to figure in future earnings paid out over the years. He also speculated that maybe his wife has info so damaging that she must be kept quiet at any cost.

Maybe firsthand knowledge of PED use? It would have to be something that would crush his golf legacy, because as far as his current perception goes, it doesn't matter if he cheated with 17 or 17,000 women at this point.
Yeah I've heard considerably less too as well, upward of $250 million though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #57
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You have nothing of substance to support your argument. Point blank period.
As far as the law.. probably not. As far as common sense, that's all that it takes. Look I don't care if he lost the money or she got it, it just shows how flawed the system is. I know that this was mostly taken care of outside of the courts but that's crazy. Maybe if she had some LPGA wins under her belt she'd be worthy of it. She definitely deserves enough to take care of the kids but nobody ever needs 750m for ANYTHING. I mean if they earn it, someone is willing to give it to them, fine.. it's just mind-blowing.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #58
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I feel very sad for the children. Think of the stories they'll read about their father's sordid activities when they are old enough. Ick. Plus presently, at such a young age, they now have to cope with a broken home. This whole fiasco is such a shame on many levels.
Yeah, think of the amount of times that this happens every year with people that aren't famous though. I hate to sound shallow but they'll be taken care of one way or another, though money doesn't necessarily fill in for emotion. There are definitely children in much worse scenarios that won't have hardly any type of support. Doesn't mean that their pain doesn't matter though, it really is a shame for them.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #59
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thats the real story here not the money. I raised a daughter on my own and even though you and your X keep the child out of the BS it still affects them. My daughter is now 24 and we have talked about it and she tells me about how she wished she could have just spent Christmas, her birthdays, etc.. with just mom and dad. Not dad and then mom and not with them just at the same birthday party but as a family which you can never do once your parents split. People act like divorce is OK and the children will be OK but I don't think we realize the harm it does to them. My daughter lived a happy life but the living as a family part was something I could not ever fix. People need to think before they decide to bring children into the world and if they do split they need to put the children's needs above theirs but that does not happen in allot of divorces now days.
respect++ for you man.. did not know that

how young was she when you two split? my parents split before I was even born.. I guess I kind of never knew what it was supposed to be like with that.. my grandfather was my first father figure and a damn good one at that (to me anyways, I hear that he wasn't so pleasant beforehand)

my stepfather was a decent role model but is even more stubborn than you (just messing with you) and definitely had his flaws.. our relationship has grown over the years though.. more of a mutual respect for our ability to continue on and overcome adversity I guess.. I haven't talked to my mom in lord knows how long yet I still talk to him
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #60
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tiger Divorce: Elin gets $750M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Yeah, think of the amount of times that this happens every year with people that aren't famous though. I hate to sound shallow but they'll be taken care of one way or another, though money doesn't necessarily fill in for emotion. There are definitely children in much worse scenarios that won't have hardly any type of support. Doesn't mean that their pain doesn't matter though, it really is a shame for them.
My parents split when I was in the midst of high school and my brother was around 11. It's definitely not easy. In my parents' case it was the right choice for sure, but the transition was pretty tough. More so for my bro than me, but those are trying times for families, and as we both know firsthand.

Lack of money always makes life hard, and certainly there are worse scenarios than what Tiger's kids are facing. But they are now officially from a broken home, and their father is a world class athlete and world class scumbag at the same time. A hero and a failure all wrapped into one. As they grow up, life will be confusing and tough for them, regardless of the quality of the roof over their head. Money matters, but they still have a hard road ahead.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49738 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25